Engr. Chijioke Peter Egole
Contact Address: Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering,
Federal University of Technology, P.M.B 1526 Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
CAREER OBJECTIVE: To provide first-class services with the best ability that will meet the demands of the institution as well as achieving the organizational goals.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Foundry technology and practice
- Manufacturing processes and technology (Extrusion, Drawing, Rolling, Casting, Forging)
- Welding technology
- Quality testing of engineering materials (destructive and non-destructive testing)
- Corrosion testing, prevention and control technology
- Materials selection and analysis
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION ATTENDED
- 1990-1996 – Central school Umuhu-Okabia, Orlu, Nigeria
- 1996-2002 – Bishop Shanahan College, Orlu, Nigeria
- 2004-2009 – Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria
- 2011-2014 – Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED
- PhD Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (UNILAG) In View
- M.ENG Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (FUTO)—2014
- B.ENG Metallurgical and Materials Engineering (FUTO)–2009
- Senior Secondary Examination Certificate (NECO)—2002
- First School Leaving Certificate (ORLU)—-1996
Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWin) at the Enterprise Development Center, Pan African University, Lagos. (December 2011)
- 2016 – Date: Lecturer II, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering Department, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- 2014 – 2016: Assistant Lecturer, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering Department, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- 2012-2013: Graduate Trainee at Imo State Youth Engineers Corps (IYEC).
- 2011-2013: Metal deformer at Sunjis metallurgical company Nnewi, Anambra State.
- 2010-2011: One-year mandatory national service (NYSC), at Gombe state ministry of Education.
- P. Egole*, U.S. Ikele, and V.T.D. Amaakaven; “Periodic Analysis of the Cooling Temperature of Al-Si-Mg Alloy Cast Based on its Thickness and Cooling Time”; International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development, 2015, Vol.2, Issue 9, pp.321-325.
- P. Egole*, G.C. Nzebuka, U.S. Ikele, and M.I. Chikwue; “Factorial Analysis of the Hardness of Al-Si-Mg Alloy Cast Based on Its Thickness and Ultimate Tensile Strength”; International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 2015, Vol.6, Issue 9, pp.76-80.
- C. Nzebuka* and C.P. Egole; “Simulation of Temperature Distribution and Solidification in Direct Chill Casting of Al-3%Si Alloy”; International Journal of Numerical Methods and Applications, 2016, Vol.15, pp.61-77.
- Nationals Association of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering Students (NAMMS) at FUTO 2007.
- Materials Society of Engineers (MSE) Regional conference 2009.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages (mainly word, excel, power point etc.)
- Knowledge of computer-aided engineering/design (AUTOCAD).
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Investment casting of FUTO using brass.
- The effect of cooling rate on Mechanical properties of Aluminum alloy (12%Si-0.5%Mg).
- The effect of cooling rate and modification on the Microstructure and tensile properties of Al-Si-Mg alloy.
CURRENT JOB DESCRIPTION
- The teaching of Eng 101, Eng 102, Eng 207, Eng 208, Mme 206, Mme 313, Mme 505 and Mme 516.
- Marking of examination and grading of scripts.
- Computation of results.
- Invigilation of examinations.
- Course advisory work for 2014/2015 level.
- Project supervision
FUTURE RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Simulation of metallurgical processes.
- Predictive dendrite development during solidification of alloys.
- Quality control of welded joints (NDT).
- Heat treatment of materials.
- Iron and steel making technology
- Physical properties of materials (electronic, optical, magnetic and thermal properties)
- Stress distribution in 3-dimension of cold worked materials.
- Nigerian Society of Engineers, NSE (Member)
- Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN(Member)
Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State.
J.R.O. Egole, BSc, LLB, BL.
#47 Douglas Road Owerri, Imo State.