Nnamdi Anthony Nnodum
(Materials and Metallurgical Engineering- Metallurgist, Welding Engineer, QC/QA Engineer)
Looking for a ‘Contract, or Fulltime’ position in or related to the field of welding, with a special interest in securing a position with a company that can utilize my welding skills towards effective welding jobs.
- Pipe welder – Steel, Copper, Steel/copper and Stainless Steel pipes in all position
- Structural welder – Steel plates, Steel /Stainless Steel pipes in all position
- QC/QA Engineer – weld inspector ( visual, gas pressure leak, liquid penetrant methods, NDT tests)
- Outstanding safety record on jobs – Conductor of safety meetings of up to 20persons
- MASTERS IN ENGINEERING: FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE,2014
- BACHELOR IN ENGINEERING (2ND CLASS LOWER DIVISION): FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI, IMO STATE (MATERIALS AND METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING).1997
- ‘O’ LEVEL: BOYS’ SECONDARY SCHOOL NEW OWERRI, OWERRI, IMO STATE.2001
- FIRST SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE: CONSTITUTION CRESCENT PRIMARY SCHOOL ABA, ABIA STATE.1994
RESEARCH AND PRESENTATION
- The Effect of Palm Kernel Shell additive in Cellulosic Electrode Coating (E6013) on Weldment of Mild Steel rod (1060 according to SAE/AISI classification), presented at the school of postgraduate, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. – (2014)
- A SPEECH ON PERSONAL HYGIENE. Presented in Government Day Secondary School, Tola, Adamawa State to sensitize the pupils, principals, villages and honourable guests on the need for a proper healthy living to help reduce to spread of diseases and infections – (2009)
- A RESEARCH ON THE USE OF PALM KERNEL SHELL as an additive in making bricks presented on 17th, 2006 in Federal University of Technology, Owerri (Materials and Metallurgical Engineering department)
REPORT: I, reported and concluded that with the mixing of 20% ground palm kernel shell of 100um+20%CaCo3(Cement)+40% River sand+5%Bentonite+15%Water would achieve some desired qualities for a building block/brick.
EFFECTS: ( negative) – Higher loss on ignition as compared to ordinary building blocks and clay bricks etc.(Positive) – Shows almost the same strength with ordinary cement bricks etc.
This research was done with the effective use of most mineral processing processes and techniques like crushing, grinding, flotation techniques, sizing and sieving in different mesh sizes(100um,200um,250um and so on), leaching, washing, drying, firing in a furnace at different temperatures. Different Mineral processing analyses were also done to note the compositions of the samples involved in the research. (2006)
- A TERM PAPER ON THE PROBLEMS OF AJAOKUTA STEEL COMPLEX (as a mineral (Iron ore) processing complex).
The major problems in Ajaokuta steel complex were discussed. Problems like its location, unavailability of coke able coke, unavailability of skilled manpower, transportation inefficiencies and so on. – (2004)
- DEPARTMENT OF MATERIALS AND METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING, FUTO.
- Position: Assistant lecturer (April 2018 – to date)
- REGCHARLES FINANCE AND CAPITAL LIMITED
- Position: Owerri branch manager (March 2014 – September 2017)
- FIRST CITY MONUMENT BANK LTD.
- Position: Senior Sales agent
- Activities: Promoting the bank’s products.
- MT.DILLYS NIGERIA LIMITED (A deep freezer manufacturing plant)
- ADDRESS: Kano free trade zone, Fanisau, Kano State, Nigeria.
- POSITION: Production Manager/Weld Inspector/QC engineer
- Ensured that the company’s quality standards are met at each production stage.
- Procured raw materials and some equipment used in the running of the company.
- Maintained machines parts especially pump.
- Ensured safety in working environs by procuring and enforcing the use of safety gadgets and equipment
- Developed work instruction based on approved specifications
- Selected materials and equipment required for pipe welding
- Dismantled, Reshaped and Reassembled pipes using torches
- Maintained daily records of work undertaken and Material used
- Conducted inspections on completed welds for any defects
- Supervised apprentice welders on their assigned work
- Adhered to company and customer policies
- Promoted safe work practices
- Performed pipe repairs based on approved plans
- Interpreted isometric & orthographic drawings to perform welding
- Maintained the work area clean and organized
- Notified company about unsafe conditions
- Clamped, Cut and assembled pipe components before welding
- Performed welding according to specific codes
- Evaluated installed piping systems based on specifications.(March 2010-April 2012)
- MT. DILLYS NIGERIA LIMITED (A deep freezer manufacturing plant)
- ADDRESS: Kano free trade zone, Fanisau, Kano State, Nigeria.
- POSITION: Plant Setup Contractor/Project manager.
- Supervised the flooring and finishing of the factory site.
- Electrified the plant house considering the voltages of the machines and equipment. Voltages considered were 380 and 220 voltages.
- Installed the plant machines according to plant production design and powered them.
- Constructed additional fittings with the use of electric arc welding and gas welding (oxy-acetylene).
- Re-painted and painted some steel rods and parts to reduce the effect of corrosion. (March 2010-April 2011)
- METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING TUTOR.
- Tutored a class of about 90 students for a year (June 1996-Nov 1997) on different Metallurgical subjects like Corrosion science and Technology, Welding Technology, Metallurgical Thermodynamics and so on at the FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY OWERRI, IMO STATE.
- TOP TREE OIL MILLS, NIGERIA LIMITED. (A cooking oil refining plant).
- Address: Km 5, Aba/Enugu express road.
- POSITION: Trainee maintainer worker
- Maintained the chain system of some motors and machines by cleaning and applying grease.
- Constructed machine fitting parts using arc welding.
- Aligned pumps with motors to ensure its durability and efficiency. (2003)
To work towards the effective realization of personal and company goals by serving diligently in course of my career.
- Good command of English language
- Computer Literate (Microsoft word, internet browsing)
- High adaptability to changes
- Dedicated and hardworking
- Good human relationship
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work without supervision