Dr Chijioke Samson Nwobodo
Dr C.S. Nwobodo specializes in Ceramic Science and Engineering. and Lectures in the Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. He has been in the teaching profession since 1986 and is particularly interested in the recycling of material waste, ceramics: Characterisation of some Nigerian clays. Besides academics, He likes Car mechanics – diagnosis and repairs.
Maintenance of basic household equipment.
To view or download CV highlight the link, right-click to copy, then paste and enter it on a new page –> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BytJJ6Jl8UOYQmNGdEFuRE1sWHc
Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Dip &Li. Ceram. (Stoke-on-Trent 1979);
- PGD (Sheffield 1983); M.Sc (Manchester 1985),
- PhD (AAU 2011)
Recommendation on Excellent Performance by the MME Departmental Board (March 2015)
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, American Ceramic Society
- Member, Nigerian Metallurgical Society – Materials Division
- Corporate Member, Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE)
A Special interest in Ceramic Technology.
- T.J. Davies, H.G. Emblem, C.S. Nwobodo, A.A. Ogwu & V. Tsantzalou, “Solid-solution Formation in alumina-chrome refractories”. Polyhedron Vol. 8, No. 13/14, pp 1765-1766, 1989.
- T.J. Davies, H.G. Emblem, C.S. Nwobodo, A.A. Ogwu & V. Tsantzalou, “Preparation and properties of some alumina-chrome refractories”. Journal of Materials Science 26 (1991) pp 1061-1068.
- C.S. Nwobodo, “Compaction behaviour of plaster of Paris dewatered – and air dried Nigerian clay”. Indian Academy of Science – Bulletin of Material Science, Vol. 21, No. 2, April 1998, pp 101 – 104.
- C.S. Nwobodo, “A study of the formability of Nigerian clays”. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, Vol. 6, March 1999, pp79 – 84.
- C.S. Nwobodo & T.J. Davies, “The effect of apparent porosity on the modulus of rupture of alumina – chrome refractory matrix”. Proceedings of the Second Annual National Conference of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering Students 16th – 17th March 2000.
- U. Mark, O. O. Onyemaobi, C. S. Nwobodo and R. Uche, “Evaluation of some refractory characteristics of Ohia and Uzuakoli clays”. International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, 7(3): 2011, pp.238 – 248.
- U.S. Ikele, O.O. Onyemaobi, C.S. Nwobodo and C. Njoku, “Effect of deflocculating (sodium carbonate, Na2CO3) on rheological properties of Nsuu (Nigerian clay”. International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology, Vol. 12 No. 1: 2015, pp. 37 – 42.
- J.U. Anaele, O.O. Onyemaobi, C.S. Nwobodo and C.C. Ugwuegbu, “Effect of electrode types on the solidification cracking susceptibility of austenitic stainless steel weld metal”. International Journal of Metals: 2015, pp. 1 – 7.
- J.U. Anaele, O.O. Onyemaobi, C.S. Nwobodo and C.C. Ugwuegbu, “Effect of electrode types on the strain hardening exponent of Austenitic Stainless Steel Weld Metal” IREJEST Vol. 11, pp 29 – 39.
- M.N. Akanbi, O. Ogbobe, C.S. Nwobodo and P.I. Anyanwu, “Effect of compaction pressures on apparent porosity and water absorption properties of clay/polymethylmethacrylate composite”. International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology, Vol. 12, No. 1: 2015, pp. 1 – 7.
- Enyiegbulam M.E., Nwobodo C.S. & Iheaturu N.C., “Physio-chemical properties of calcined spent oil base drilling mud (SOBM) solids”. Applied Signals Reports, Vol. 1, No. 2, March 2011, pp. 1 – 10.
- H.G. Emblem, T.J. Davies, A. Harabi, A.A. Ogwu, C.S. Nwobodo, & V. Tsantzalou, “Solid-state chemistry of alumina-chrome refractories”. Journal of Materials Science Letters 11 (1992) pp 820 – 821.
- Specially interested in Ceramic Technology
- Introduction to Engineering materials
- Workshop practice
- Principless of Ceramic systems
- Ceramic processing
- Structure & properties of glass
- Metallurgical & Materials Laboratory
- Engineering management & law
- Materials processing
- Fuels & Furnace Technology
- Principles & processing of Ceramics
- Industrial Ceramics
- Powder Metallurgy