The recent worldwide depletion of the easily mined high-grade ores has resulted in mining companies looking for means of making the exploitation of low grade, high throughput deposits economically feasible. Heap leaching is a processing technology with low capital and operating costs are increasingly considered for the treatment of low-grade metalliferous ores. Part of Mr. Ugwuegbu’s research interest is concerned with heap leach design and optimization, especially in the area of development and testing of unsaturated water flow and solute transport models for heap leaching, and laboratory/pilot plant tests required during the development of a heap leach mine.
One major problem facing the mineral industry is the issue of inefficient use of energy during comminution. Mr Ugwuegbu intends researching on the slurry rheology of iron ore minerals and its effect on wet grinding in order to reduce energy cost and increase throughput. Mr Ugwuegbu is also interested in the issue of mine-to-mill concept, a new area in mineral processing that is concerned with the optimization of blasting processes during mining in order to obtain fine ores that will be fed into the grinding mill thereby reducing the amount of energy required for milling.
Also of concern to Mr. Ugwuegbu is the cleanability/separatability of minerals, especially coal.
To view or download CV highlight the link, right-click to copy, then paste and enter it on a new page –> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BytJJ6Jl8UOYdi1IX3RYMTJVeEU
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B. Eng., 2005, Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- MSc., 2009, Engineering, Imperial College of Science and Technology, London
- Recipient, British Government Commonwealth Scholarship for One Year MSc Tenable in the United Kingdom, 2008 -2009
- 2005 Best Graduating Student of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering Department FUTO
- N50, 000 grant from Federal Government of Nigeria for Academic Excellence
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM)
- Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) London
- Ugwuegbu, C. C. (2011). A Review of the Controls on Sulfide Solubility in Magma and the Fate of Chalcophile Elements during Magma Evolution. IJAR Journal of Economics and Engineering, Vol. 2. No. 1, Azerbaijan, pp 29-35
- Ugwuegbu, C. C., Ogbonna, A. I. (2011). Effect of Microstructural Changes on the Mechanical Properties of Hot Worked C-Mn Steel. International Journal of Academic Research, Vol. 3. No. 6, Part 1, Azerbaijan, pp 207-213
- Achuko, N. I., Ugwuegbu, C. C. (2011). Optical Properties of CdS Thin Films Obtained by Chemical Bath Deposition. International Journal of Academic Research, Vol. 3. No. 6, Part 2, Azerbaijan, pp 368-374
- Nwoye, C. I., Ugwuegbu, C. C., Obidiegwu, E. O., Onyedika, G. O. (August, 2011). Predictive Modelling of Methane Gas Yield Based on the Processed Particle Size of Banana Peelings Biograd in Digester. Unpublished paper presented at The 3rd FUTO International Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy, Owerri, Nigeria
- Nwoye, C. I., Odo, J. U., Onyedika, G. O., Ugwuegbu, C. C. (August, 2011). Model for Predictive Analysis and Optimization of Bio-fuel Production during Bio-treatment of Sugarcane Molasses. Unpublished paper presented at The 3rd FUTO International Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy, Owerri, Nigeria
- Nwoye, C. I., Odo, J. U., Ugwuegbu, C. C. and Nnuka, E. E. (November, 2011). Energy Analysis and Its Applicability for Sustainable Development in Metallurgical and Materials Industries. Unpublished paper presented at The Nigerian Metallurgical Society Conference, Abuja, Nigeria