Engr.Dr. Azunna I. B. Ekejiuba, is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Petroleum Engineering, Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO), Owerri, Nigeria and the Principal Researcher, Azuberth’s Research Complex, Naze Industrial Estate, Owerri, Nigeria (www.azuberths.com), a subsidiary of Azuberth’s Services Nigeria Limited (ASNL). Its mission is to catalyze research to address clean alternative energy, waste recycling et cetera., focusing on technical facilities designs and field investigation related to stranded associated natural-gas monetization. Ekejiuba currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/ Managing Director (MD) of Azuberth’s Services Nigeria Limited.
He has about 26 years experience in lecturing starting from 1992, specializing in Oil and Natural- Gas well drilling operations, production operations, reservoir evaluation, petroleum economics, natural gas processing, alternative energy et cetera and is the recipient of many academic and professional awards. His current research areas and interests are focused on technological solutions to eliminate flaring and venting; technical design and development of modular-based real-time solution deployed to natural gas monetization plants with the opportunity to utilize the energy for power generation, nitrogen fertilizer production, synthetic fuels and industrial chemicals production et cetera; advancement of directional-drilling technology and wellbore-positioning techniques more specifically in horizontal and complex-trajectory wells, multilateral drill string mechanics (torque, drag and buckling), cementing operations (proper horizontal pipe centralization-concentric/eccentric annulus); well-performance prediction and optimization, reserves appraisals, reservoir simulation studies, enhanced oil and natural gas recovery (including condensate and shale gas using fracture stimulation and horizontal drilling technologies), uncertainty quantification et cetera.
Ekejiuba holds a bachelor’s degree(B.Sc) Petroleum Engineering from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria, and a master’s degree (M. Eng.) and doctorate (PhD) in Petroleum and Gas Engineering from the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. He is the author of more than 30 extensive academic/ industry publications and has held key leadership positions as well as chairperson or co-chairperson of many committees and organizations. He is a member of Nigerian Society of Engineers(NSE), Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE-International and Local Chapter, 1980- to date), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) an affiliate of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) and Nigerian Gas Association (NGA).
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Sc, – 1987, Petroleum Engineering, University of Ibadan
- M.Sc, – 1990, Petroleum/Natural Gas Engineering, University of Port Harcourt
- Ph.D., – 2002, Petroleum/Natural Gas Engineering, University of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian Bible Society Award (1993)
- Patron National Association of Imo State students (NAISS) Nigeria (1993)
- Patron Nigerian Universities Engineering Students Association (NUESA FUTO chapter)
- Pillar of Nation – Building Award from the Institute of Human and Natural Resources Abuja on Saturday 5th November (2005)
- The Rotaract Club Award of Excellence (Rotaract district 9140 Owerri) on Saturday 29th July 2006.
- Distinguished Educational Leadership award (2007) by the Institute of Industrial Administration of Nigeria, on Saturday 15th December 2007.
- Professional Excellence International Award (2008) by the Institute of Global resource management of Nigeria, Abuja, on Saturday 16th August 2008.
Membership of Professional bodies
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Corporate member of the Nigeria Society of Engineering (NSE)
- Member Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
- Member Nigerian Gas Association (NGA)
- Member Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE).
- Member National Aeronautics Research Association (NARA)
- Member Owerri club (No. OWC 856) since August 2001
- Petroleum Production Engineering
- Drilling Engineering Technology
- Petroleum Economics
- Natural Gas Processing Technology
- Alternative Energy Sources
- PET 202: Introduction to Petroleum Engineering
- PET 301: Drilling Technology I
- PET 302: Drilling Fluid Technology
- PET 310: Heat and Mass Transfer
- PET 401: Drilling Technology II
- PET 413: Alternative Hydrocarbon Energy Sources
- PET 405: Petroleum Production II
- PET 504: Petroleum Production III
- PET 513: Offshore Operations
- PET 517: Multiphase Flow in Pipes
- PET 519: Petroleum Economics
- PET 804: Advanced Gas Engineering
- PET 809: Improved/Enhanced Oil Recovery Methods
- PET 824: Risk Analysis in Petroleum Ventures
- PET 918: Gas Production Enhancement
- Drilling Optimization and Fluid Hydraulics.
- Enhanced Production & Optimization.
- Multiphase Flow Modeling.
- Natural Gas Processing for Domestic and Industrial Uses.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2018). Monetization of the Nigeria Flared Associated Natural Gas Stream in Real-Time Via Conversion to Multiple Utilization Options Using Modular Units. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development. Volume 7 Issue 11: 114–127. DOI No: 10.24940/ijird/2018/v7/i11/NOV18046.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2018). Real-Time Production of Synthetic Gasoline, Kerosene or Diesel from Methane in the Flare Stream Associated Gas in Nigeria. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development. Volume 7 Issue 10: 95–121. DOI No: 10.24940/ijird/2018/v7/i10/OCT18040
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2018). Real-Time Synthetic Conversion of the Entire Flared Associated Natural Gas Stream to Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). International Journal of Innovative Research & Development. Volume 7 Issue 8: 397-410. DOI No: 10.24940/ijird/2018/v7/i8/AUG18105.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2018). Monetization of Remote Flared Natural Gas via Total Synthetic Conversion to Methane for Real-Time Production of Liquefied Natural Gas, Compressed Natural Gas or Natural Gas Hydrate. The International Journal of Science & Technoledge. Volume 6 Issue 8: 59-74.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2018). Associated Stranded Natural Gas Monetized in Real-Time Via Conversion to Petrochemical and Other Useful End Products. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development. Volume 7 Issue 7: 445-477. DOI No: 10.24940/ijird/2018/v7/i7/JUL18126.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2018). Flared Natural Gas Monetization in Real-Time via Electric Power Generation. The International Journal of Science & Technoledge. Volume 6 Issue 1: 129-148.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2017). Evaluation of the Exact Production Quantity of Nitrogen Fertilizer in Real-Time from any Particular Associated Gas Flare Volume in Nigeria. International Journal of Applied Science and Technology. Volume 7, Number 3: 87-100.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2017). Monetizing the Flared Associated Natural Gas in Real-Time Via Synthetic Fuels Production. The International Journal of Science & Technoledge. Volume 5 Issue 10: 153-169.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2017). Natural Gas Liquids from the Associated Flare Gas Stream: Monetized in Real-Time via Various Qualitative Products. International Journal of Innovative Research & Development. Volume 6 Issue 9: 336-348. DOI No: 10.24940/ijird/2017/v6/i9/SEP17096.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2017). Real- Time Monetization of the Flared Associated Stranded Natural Gas in Nigeria: Quantitative Analysis and Qualitative Values. The International Journal of Science & Technoledge. Volume 5 Issue 8: 89-103.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2012). Analytical and Experimental Investigation on The Flow Profile of the New Model Standoff casing and liner pipes. Inter-world Journal of science and Technology. Vol. 4 No. 3:165-190.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2012). New Model Standoff casing pipes and liner Pipes for High-angle, Horizontal, multilateral and Tie-back Wells. Inter-World Journal of science and Technology Vol. 4 No. 3: 85-109.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2012). Natural Petroleum: Chemistry and valuable Products Fractions. Inter-World Journal of science and Technology Vol. 4 No. 2: 300-331.
- Ekejiuba, A.I.B. (2012).Cumulative Potential Petroleum Deposit in the Provincial Geology of Nigeria. Inter-World Journal of Science and Technology Vol. 4. No. 2: 150-174.
- Ekejiuba, A. I. B. (2004). Fully Eccentric casing Pipes with External Blades: Designed for Horizontal Well Cementing. International Research Journal in Engineering, Science & Technology (IREJEST) Vol.1. No. 2.
- Ekejiuba, A. I. B. (2001). Using Contour Integral Analytical Solution to Monitor Fluid-Fluid Interface in Well Tests. Inter-World Journal of Science and Technology. Vol. 2, No. 1.
- Ekejiuba, A. I. B. and Ikoku, C. U. (2001). Viability of Producing LPG and LNG from the Nigerian Flare Gas Stream. Inter-world Journal of Sci. and Technology. Vol. 4. No. 1: 224-260.
- Ekejiuba, A. I. B. and Ikoku, C. U. (2001). Introducing a New Concept in Horizontal Well Cementing. Inter-world Journal of Sci. and Technology. Vol. 4, No. 1: 318-335.
- Ekejiuba, A. I. B. (2001). Establishing the Quantitative Phase Behaviour of the Nigerian Flare Gas Stream. Inter-World Journal of Sci. and Technology. Vol. 4, No. 2: 284-301.
- Ekejiuba, A. I. B. (2001). Processing the Flare Gas Stream to Stop Gas Flaring in Nigeria. Inter-World Journal of Sci. and Technology. Vol. 4 No. 1: 302-317.
- Ekejiuba, A. I. B. (2000). Production of LNG and LPG form the Nigeria Flare Gas Stream Journal of Sci. Engr. And Technology, Vol. 7 No. 4: 2804-2811.
- Ekejiuba, A. I. B. (2008) Textbook – chapter contribution (chapters 24, 25, and 26) of “An Introduction to Engineering”. Printed in Nigeria, by De-Adroit Innovation, Enugu.