- Academic Staff
Engr. Prof. B. Obah
Engr. Dr. S. I. Onwukwe
- Other Schools
- Our Resources
IkpekaPrincewill, is passionate about employing Information Technology skills in making the education process much more interactive and fun to the students. He graduated with first class degree from the Department of Petroleum Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Then he acquired his MSc degree at the University of Port Harcourt/IFP School France, where he bagged several awards amongst which are: PTDF Prize, Chi Ikoku Prize, and Emmanuel Chiejina’s Prize for MSc Best Graduating Student. He is currently an Assistant Lecturer at the Department of Petroleum Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, where he is actively involved in teaching and research activities.
- B.Eng. (Petroleum Engineering) Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- M.Sc. (Petroleum Engineering) IPS, University of Port Harcourt/IFP School, France
- Ph.D. (Petroleum Engineering)In-view.
- • Enhanced Oil Recovery Studies [Wettability Alteration, Fluid flow in porous media, Nanotechnology]
- • Reservoir Characterization for conventional and unconventional systems
- • Advanced Oil Recovery and Stimulation candidate investigations
- • Thermal reservoir Simulation and Fluid flow modeling
- • Natural Gas Production Optimization Studies
• Reservoir Engineering
• Offshore Operations
• Petroleum Engineering Software Development
• Petroleum Economics
• PET 202: Introduction to Petroleum Engineering
• PET 403: Reservoir Engineering II
• PET 513: Offshore Operations
• PET 516: Computer Application to Petroleum Engineering
• PET 519: Petroleum Economics
• National Registry of Environmental Practitioners, USA - 2015
Associate Environmental Professional (License No: A1231)
• International Well Control Forum - 2015
Drilling well Control Program
Surface BOP Stack Level 3 (Cert. No. DL3S00050382-01-3YSI)
• Society of Petroleum Engineers (Membership No. 3480463) - 2006
Awards and Honors
- Vice Chancellor’s Commendation, Federal University of Technology, Owerri 2016
- Total/NNPC Joint Venture Postgraduate Scholarship, 2014/2015 session.
- PTDF Prize for M.Sc. Best Graduating Student (2015)
- JOHN EHI ADDEH Prize for M.Sc. Ethics and Governance (2015)
- CHI IKOKU Prize for M.Sc. Best Graduating Student (2015)
- IPS ALUMNI Prize for the best MSc Student in Research Project (2015)
-  Ikpeka, Princewill M et al: ‘A Simplified Technique for accurate measurement and calculation of flared gas volume for Nigerian Oil fields.’ Presented at the 9th international Symposium for fluid flow measurement, Arlington, Virginia, USA. April 15, 2015.
-  Ikpeka, Princewill M. et al: ‘Natural Gas Utilization through domestic gas consumption in Nigeria’: Journal of Advanced Research in Petroleum Technology and Management, Vol 1, No 1 (2015).
-  Ikpeka, Princewill M. et al: ‘Effect Of Flowmeter Assembly Configuration On The Accuracy Of Ultrasonic Flow Meter Using Pre-Calibrated Turbine Meter’. International Journal of Current Science and Technology Vol.3, Issue, 9, pp. 66-69, September, 2015.
-  Ikpeka, Princewill M. et al: ‘Suitability of Gas Chromatography-Flame Ionization Detector (GC-FID) for Fingerprinting Reservoir Fluids in Mature and Marginal Fields of Niger Delta’. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science (IJSEAS) – Vol 1, Issue 5, pp 194 – 205. August 2015, India.
-  Ikpeka, Princewill M and Sunday Ikiensikimama: ‘Virtual Pipeline Technology in Nigeria; Technical and Economic Analysis’ Presented at the SPE Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition held in Lagos, Nigeria. August 2-4, 2016
-  Ikpeka, Princewill M andIrekeUkiwoIreke: ‘Impact of PVT Correlations On Reserve Estimation: Reliability and Qualitative Analysis’ Presented at the SPE Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition held in Lagos, Nigeria. August 2-4, 2017