Ugochukwu Ilozurike Duru is currently a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Petroleum Engineering, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. Ugochukwu received his B.Eng (2000), M.Eng (3004) and Ph.D (2016) all in Petroleum Engineering from Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO). He was an Adjunct Lecturer and pioneer Co-coordinator, Department of Petroleum Engineering, Madonna University, Elele (2008–2010). Ugochukwu was a PTDF scholar at African University of Science and technology, Abuja between 2012 and 2014. He is with registered with Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and holds membership of several professional bodies. His research interests are Multiphase Flow in Pipes, Flow Assurance, Well Engineering, Fluid Hydraulics, Oil and Gas Economics and Production Enhancement. Ugochukwu counts with journal and conference papers in his area of interest.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- ♦ 1978 -1984: Central School Akatta, Oru-East Imo State First School Leaving Certificate
- ♦ 1984 -1990: Akatta Secondary School, Akatta, Oru-East Imo State Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- ♦ 1994 -1999: Federal University of Technology, Owerri Imo State B. Eng. (Hons.) Petroleum Engineering Second Class Honors
- ♦ 2002 - 2004: Federal University of Technology, Owerri Imo State M. Eng. (Petroleum Engineering)
- ♦ 2010 – Date: African University of Science & Technology, Abuja Ph. D (Petroleum Engineering)
- Duru, U.I; Chukwu, G.A. and Obah, B.: “Hydraulic Evaluation of Drilling Fluid Performance on Hole Cleaning for Different Rheological Models”; paper SPE 98792 presented at 29th Annual SPE International Technical Conference and Exhibition in Abuja, Nigeria, August 1 – 3, 2005.
- Arubi, I.M.T. and Duru, U.I. “Optimizing Glycol Dehydration System for Maximum Efficiency; A case Study of a Gas Plant in Niger Delta Nigeria”; paper SPE 113781 presented at CIPC/SPE Gas Technology Symposium 2008 Joint Conference, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 17-19, 2008.
- Ossai, C.I.; Duru, U.I.; Ossai, I.A. and Arubi, I.M.T.: “Industrial Operations and Water Quality: A case study of UTU River Pollution by Oil Production Activities”; paper SPE 122497 presented at SPE Latin American and Caribean Petroleum Engineering Conference (LACPEC 2009), Cartagena, Colombia, May 31 – June 3, 2009.
- U.I. Duru, I.A. Ossai, C.I. Ossai and I.M.T. Arubi: “The After Effect of Crude Oil Spillage on Some Associated Heavy Metals in the Soil”, paper IPTC 13415 presented at the International Petroleum Technology Conference, IPTC, Doha, Qatar, 7-9 December 2009.
- Ossai, C.I., Duru, U.I., Ossai, I.A., Arubi, I.M.T.: “An Appraisal of Soil Pollution in Oil & Gas Production Environment: A Case Study of Heavy Metals Concentration in Ebocha and Akri Oil Fields”, paper SPE 130475 accepted for presentation at the CPS/SPE International Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition in China, Beijing, China 8-10 June, 2010.