The academic programme in Petroleum Engineering is structured as follows:
- Undergraduate Programme – Five (5) Years.
- Each year is composed of two semesters (Harmattan and Rain Semester).
- A total of 182-course units are required for a B. Eng. in Petroleum Engineering.
Class of Degrees that could be awarded include:
- First Class – [4.50 – 5.00]
- Second Class Honours Upper – [3.50 – 4.49]
- Second Class Honours Lower – [2.40 – 3.49]
The academic programme for post-graduate is summarized as follows:
- The PGD Programme involves two (2) years of course work and one (1) year of research.
- The Masters Programme in the Department of Petroleum Engineering involves one (1) year of course work and one (1) year of research work.
- PhD programme involves one (1) year of course work before research work begins.