Francis Ngozichi Onuoha (C.Eng)
To work with existing staff and facilities contributing the best of my ability and quota, so as to improve organizational objectives and achieve managerial goals and targets.
- Versatile in Matlab and Origin Computational Analytical Tools
- ICT Compliant
- Safety Conscious
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Research Interest
- Public Lectures
- Community Service
- 2014 – To Date – PhD (Textile Science) (In View), Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria.
- 2011 – 2014 – M.Sc. (Textile Science and Engineering) Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria.
- 2003 – 2008 – B.Eng. (Polymer and Textile Engineering) (2nd Class Honours- Upper Division) Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria.
- Member, Google Scholar.com
- Member, Researchgate.com
- Member, Academia.edu
- Member, Polymer Institute of Nigeria, PIN
- Member, Institute of Polymer Engineers
- Corporate Member, The Nigeria Society of Engineers, NSE (35,866)
- Member, International Association of Engineers (Membership no.-146839)
- COREN Registered
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – 2017
- Certificate in Computer Appreciation – 2010
- Proficiency Certificate in Management – 2010
- Certificate in Safety – 2010
- September 07, 2011 – August, 2014 – Graduate Assistant, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- September 01, 2014 – March 16,2016 – Assistant Lecturer, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- March 17, 2016 – Date – Lecturer II, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Duties assigned by the Head of Department, Computation of Students Results using OGR Software Template
- PTE 513 – Seminar
- SIW 400 – Fourth year long vacation SIWES
- SIW 300 – Third year long vacation SIWES
- SIW 200 – Second year long vacation SIWES
- Teaches PTE 301, PTE 316, PTE 409, PTE 509 and PTE 504
- 07/2009 – 07/2010 Class Teacher, Mount Carmel College, Oloje, Ilorin, Kwara State.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Teaches students on Basic Technology, Computer/Internet Operations and Workshops on Management Information System.
- Flame-retardant Polymer composites and Polymeric Materials
- Earthcolouring of Fibres, Fabrics and Composites
- Finishing and Testing of Fabrics
- Polymer Composites and Characterization
- Nanofibres and Composites
- Glass production and Blow-job
“Legacy of Faith of a Catholic Youth”, A lecture delivered at “The Youth Week of Sacred Heart Parish, Nguru Centre, Aboh Mbaise, Imo State. 11/09/2017
- Coordinator, PTE Departmental Information & Communication Unit 2018 – Date
- Editorial Member, EPH International Journal of Agriculture and Environental Research 2017 – Date
- Secretary, Polymer Institute of Nigeria, Owerri District 2017 – 2019
- Assistant Secretary, Institute of Polymer Engineers 2017 – 2019
- Coordinator, Umuevu Students Association (USA/OSA) 2015 –Date (Preparing SS3 Students in Ahiazu Mbaise for the Choice of University Degree and Selection Criteria)
- Committee Secretary, Departmental Entrepreneurship Committee 2015
- Secretary/Auditor, Chinaetugo Age Grade, Mpe/Ezeala 2014 –Date
- Chairman, Project Committee, Catholic Graduates Owerri 2014 –2016
- Assistant Secretary, FUTO Alumni, Owerri Chapter 2014 –2016
- Editorial Member, ASUU FUTO Newsletter 2013 – 2015
- Auditor, Chinaetugo Age Grade, Mpe/Ezeala 2011– 2014
- Member, FUTO Mbaise Workers Association 2011 – 2014
Submitted Theses for Various Degrees
- Studies on the Thermomechanical Properties of Fibreglass-Reinforced Epoxy Resin Wastes-Filled Polypropylene (M.Sc.) – June 27, 2014
- The effects of Kola Nitida and Alstonia Boonei on the Mechanical Properties of Low-Density Polyethylene (B.Eng.) – October, 2008
Selected Referred Journal Papers
- Onuoha F.N. (2015) “Transport Behaviour of Aromatic Solvents through Polypropylene filled Fibreglass Reinforced Epoxy Resin Wastes”, Proceedings of 26th Annual/AGM Conference of Polymer Institute of Nigeria held at City Global Hotel, Owerri, Imo State.
- M. N. Akanbi, F. N. Onuoha, I. N. Eleleand S. C. Nwogu (2015) “Effect of Carbonized Saw Dust on the Mechanical Properties of Polyolefin Plastics”, Journal of Scientific Research and Reports, 6(6), 461-467. DOI: 10.9734/JSRR/2015/15500
- Onuoha, F.N. and C.B.C. Ohanuzue(2014) “Flame Retardant Composite of Fibre Glass-Reinforced Epoxy Waste Particles/Polypropylene and its Modeling. Applied Polymer Composites, vol.2, no.3, pp 119-130.
- Onuoha, F.N. and C.B.C. Ohanuzue (2014) “Mechanical Properties and Modeling of Fibreglass-Reinforced Epoxy Resin Wastes filled Polypropylene”. American Journal of Polymer Science & Engineering,vol.2, Issue 1, pp 12-19.
- Uzoma, P.C., Obidiegwu, M.U., Ezeh, V.O., Akanbi, M.N. and Onuoha, F.N. (2014).The Effect of Magnesium Hydroxide/ Zinc Borate and Magnesium Hydroxide/ Melamine Flame Retardant Synergies on Polypropylene, The International Journal of Engineering and Science, Vol.3 Isuue 7,pp. 63-68.
- Onuegbu, G.C., Obasi H.C. and Onuoha, F.N. (2014) “Effects of Titanate Coupling agent on the Mechanical Properties of Talc filled Polypropylene”, Academic Research International, Vol.5, No. 3, pp.26-30.
- Onuegbu, G.C., Obasi, H.C. and Onuoha, F.N., (2014) “Tensile Behaviour of Cocoa Pod filled Polypropylene Composites”, Asian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol.1, No. 2., 1-7.
- Nwokwa, R.C., Onuoha, F.N., Obasi, H.C., Onuegbu, G., Uzoma, P.C., Ezeh, V.O. (2014). “Antimicrobial Finishing Action of Camphora for Cotton and Polyester Fabrics”, The International Asian Research Journal, Vol.02, Issue 02, pp.37-40.
- Obasi, H.C., Iheaturu, N.C., Onuoha, F.N., Chike-Onyegbula, C.O., Akanbi, M.N., Ezeh, V.O. (2014). “Influence of Alkali Treatment and Fibre Content on the Properties of Oil Palm Press Fibre Reinforced Epoxy Bicmposites”, American Journal of Engineering Research, Vol.03, Issue 02, pp.117-123.
- Ugbaja M.I., Onuoha F. N., Onuegbu, G. and Ezeh, V. (2013). “Study on the Mechanical Properties of Drilling Mud Waste-filled Low Density Polyethylene”, Academic Research International, Vol. 04, No. 05, Issue 9.
- Obasi H.C., Onuoha, F.N., Eze, I.O., Nwanonenyi, S.C., Arukalam, I.O., Uzoma P.C. (2013) “Effect Of Soil Burial On Properties Of Polypropylene (Pp) / Plasticized Potato Starch”, The International Journal of Engineering and Science, Vol. 2, Issue 8, p. 14-18.
- Onuoha, F.N., Obasi H.C., Uzoma P.C. and Ugbaja, M. I. (2013) “Flammability Properties of Cheese Wood Stem Bark (Alstonia Boonei) filled Low Density Polyethylene” The International Journal of Engineering and Science, Vol. 2, Issue 4, p. 27-31.
- Onuoha, F.N., Ugbaja I. and Iheme, C. (2013) “The Effects of Cheese Wood Stem Bark (Alstonia Boonei) on the Mechanical Properties of Low Density Polyethylene”, The International Journal of Engineering and Science, Vol. 2, Issue 3 p. 31 – 33.
Selected Conference Paper/Presentations
- Onuoha, F. N. “Modelling of Experimental Data using Matlab Engineering Software. A paper presented at the 3rd Conference/AGM of Institute of Polymer & Textile Engineering, held at NSE HQ, Abuja, December 05 – 07, 2018.
- Onuegbu, G.C, Obidiegwu, M.U. and Onuoha, F.N. “Influence of Woven Roving and Chopped Strand Glassfibre Mats on Polyester Composites”. Proceedings of the 13th Annual Nigerian Materials Congress of the Materials Science and Technology Society of Nigeria, November 23-27, 2014.
- 2003/2004 Okrika-Nweke Action Committee Grant
- 2012/2013 FUTO Study Fellowship Award for M.Sc Programme
- 2015/2016 NEEDS Scholarship for PhD Programme
- 2016/2017 NEEDS Scholarship for PhD Programme (Additional Funds)
- April, 05, 2017 – Training for Internal & External Opportunities through TETFUND & NEEDS by CRID, FUTO
- December 14-17, 2016 – Ist Conference and AGM of Institute of Polymer Institute of Nigeria held at National Engineering Centre, Abuja
- August, 8 – 10, 2016 – 25th COREN ASSEMBLY 2016 held at Akure, Ondo State
- October 23-26, 2015 – Conference Organized by Polymer Institute of Nigeria held City Global, Owerri
- November 23 -27, 2014 Conference/Workshop by Material Science and Technology Society of Nigeria held in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos.
- September 22 – 30, 2014 In-house Training on Rapier Loom, Hand Glove Knitting Machine, Winch Dyeing Machine, Universal Testing Machine, Rockwell Hardness Tester and Izod Impact Tester, Polymer and Textile Processing Laboratory, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- August 27 – 29, 2014 – A 3-Day Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Course for Prospective Corporate Members, NSE House, Port-Harcourt, Rivers.
- May 5 – 9, 2014 – Basic Laboratory Practice Proficiency Training, Central Instrument Equipment Centre, FUTO.
- October 23-26, 2013 – 24th Annual Technical Conference/AGM of Polymer Institute of Nigeria held at Nigeria Medical Research Institute, Yaba, Lagos.
- February 12th, 2013 – Fulbright Fellowship by US Consulate General, FUTO.
- May 14th 2012 – Training on the Use of FUTO-OGR Template in MS-Excel, ICT FUTO.
- October 4th, 2011 – Academic Regulations and Budgeting at Hall of Mercy, Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State”.
Prof. O. Ogbobe
Former Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic),
Federal University of Technology, Owerri,
Engr Prof. G. Nwadinkom
Dean (School of Engineering & Engineering Technology),
Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
Prof. C.C. Ibe
Dean (School of Management & Management Technology),
Federal University of Technology Owerri,