Engr. Ijeoma Joan Arimanwa
Concrete and mortar are the most widely used construction materials. They are, however, expensive because of the cost of the cement component. The development of supplementary cementitious materials is a critical factor in achieving a reduction in the cost of concrete and mortar. Mrs Joan Arimanwa has shown a growing interest in developing supplementary cementitious materials from agricultural, industrial and domestic wastes.
Stability of structures is an important consideration in developing countries like Nigeria. Mrs Arimanwa has a strong interest in structural stability.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.ENG (Hons) – Civil Engineering, FUTO. (2002)
- M.ENG – Structural Engineering, FUTO. (2008)
- PhD IN STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING (2015).
Commendation from the VVice-Chancellor Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria for a scholarly defense of Mrs. Arimanwa’s Master’s Degree thesis as recommended by her external examiners (2008).
Membership of professional bodies
- MEMBER, NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS (NSE)
- MEMBER, NIGERIAN INSTITUTION OF CIVIL ENGINEER
- MEMBER, ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL WOMEN ENGINEERS OF NIGERIA.
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL ENGINEERING MATERIALS
- SUPPLEMENTARY CEMENTITIOUS MATERIALS
- WASTES AND RECYCLABLE MATERIALS
- MODELLING &OPTIMIZATION
- PART-TIME LECTURER CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPT. FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE (2004 – 2006)
- CURRENTLY SENIOR LECTURER IN CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI.