Prof. Gerald C. Eheduru
PROFESSOR – COMPUTER AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS ANALYST.
GSM No: 2348033773709
Teaching and Professional Experiences:
(a) Period of Full-Time Teaching at the University of Benin.
1980 – 2002, In the Faculties of Science and Social Science^22 years). Period of Full-Time Teaching at Federal University of Tech., Owerri 2002 – 2008, In the School of Management Technology
(b) Courses Taught
Post-Graduate Courses (Current and Previous Sessions)
- IMT 608- Management Information Systems (MSc, Computer Sc.)
- MGT 611 – Advanced Computer Applications (in P-T and F-T MBA Programmes)
Undergraduate Courses (Current and Previous Sessions)
- CSC 441 – Management Science (Computer Science)
- IMT 305 – Survey of Programming Languages I
- IMT 308 – Survey of Programming Languages II,
- IMT 403 – Digital Systems Design
Other Courses (Taught in Previous Sessions)
- BUS 844 – Production Management (P-T, F-T MBA Programmes)
- BUS 842 – Materials Management (P-T, F-T MBA Programmes)
- BUS 743 – Business Statistics
- BUS 744 – Business Research Methods
- MBF 823 – Introduction to Computers (PG Banking & Finance)
- CSC 701 – Introduction to Computer Systems (PG Diploma)
- CSC 723 – Introduction to Operating Systems
- BUS 413 – Marketing Research (BSc Business Admin.)
- CSC 424 – Production Planning and Control (BSc Computer)
- CSC 410 – Operating Systems „ „
- CSC 722 – System Analysis and Design
- BUS 414 – Quantitative Analysis
- BPA 423 – Computer Applications (BSc Public Admin.)
- BUS 321 – Business Research Methods
- CSC 331 – Systems Analysis
- ACC 315- Data Processing
- ADB 325 – Data Processing & Management Infor. Systems
- BUS 212 – Business Mathematics I
- BUS 222 – Business Mathematics H
- BUS 221 – Principles of Management II
- DDP 203 – Programming in COBOL (Dip. in Data Processing)
- DDP 212 – Programming in FORTRAN
- DDP 132 – Introduction to Computer Applications
- DDP 143 – Systems Analysis
- BUS 122 – Introduction to Computer (BSc Business Admin.)
Average Postgraduate Students Supervision
- PhD – Supervised and graduated 7 Doctoral Candidates in Benin and Owerri; currently supervising 2 Doctoral Candidates.
- Full-Time MSc/MBA – At Least 5 Students Yearly.
- Part-Time MSc/MBA – At Least 7 Students Yearly.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science – 5 Students.
- Post-Graduate Work/Publications:
- Eheduru, G. “Computer Simulation of the Inventory of a Baking Flour Business Enterprise in Benin City” MBA Project, University of Benin, May 1985.
- Eheduru, Gerald C. “A Computerized Public Cryptographic System for Strategic Management Information Output” PhD Thesis, University of Benin, 1989.
BOOKS AND BOOK CHAPTERS
- Eheduru, Gerald C. Introduction to Research Methods in Science, Social Science Education and Management Benin City: Pegasus, 1990.
- Eheduru, Gerald C. Introduction to Computer Series (ICOS) 1: Computer Appreciation, Data Processing and Management Information Systems. Benin City: Ambik Press, 1994. «»
- Eheduru, Gerald C. Introduction to Computer Series (ICOS) 2: Basic Hardware and Software Principles: Combinational Logic Circuits. Benin City: Ambik Press, 1994.
- Eheduru, Gerald C. ICOS 3: Fundamentals of Systems Analysis and Design. Benin City: Amidei, 1995.
- Eheduru, Gerald C. ICOS 4: Fundamentals of Operating Systems. Benin City: Amidei, 1995.
- Eheduru, Gerald C. Introduction to Research Methods (2nd Edition). Benin City: Amidei, 995.
- Eheduru, Gerald C. ICOS 5: A Beginner’s Practical Orientation to Personal Computers. Benin City: AmiDei, 1997.
- Eheduru, G. C. “A Critical Analysis of Factors Impeding Computer Applications in Nigeria” in [COS 2: Basic Hardware and Software Principles – Combinational Logic Circuits by G. C. Eheduru. (1994): 88 – 96.
- Eheduru, Gerald C. “Business Problem Analysis and Evaluation of Alternatives” in ICOS 3: Fundamentals of Systems Analysis and Design by G.C. Eheduru (1995): 150 -163.
- Eheduru, G. C. “Business Information Systems and Computers” in Introduction to Business: A Functional Approach ed. by A. U. Inegbenebor and A. B. Agbadudu. Benin City: Uri Publishing in Collaboration with Dept of Business Admin., University of Benin, (1995): 206-220.
- Eheduru, G. C. “Management of Graph Structures in Organizations” in /COS 3: Fundamentals of Systems Analysis and Design by G. C. Eheduru (1995): 176 – 186.
- Inegbenebor, A. U. and Eheduru, G. C. “The Nature of the Business Enterprise” in Introduction to Business: A Functional Approach, ed. by A. U. Inegbenebor and B. E. Osaze. Benin City: Malthouse Press Ltd. and Department of Business Administration, University of Benin, (1999): 1-21.
(i) International Journals:
- Eheduru, G. C. and Fajuyigbe O. (1991) “An Algorithm for the Implementation of Rivest Cryptographic System on a Hand Calculator” AMSE Review, AMSE Press, Vol. 18 No. 1, 43-53.
- Eheduru, G. C.; Fajuyigbe O.; and Agbadudu, A.B. (1991) “A Remote-Controlled Cash Dispensing System Protected by Computerized Cryptography” Modelling, Simulation & Control, C, AMSE Press, Vol. 26 No. 3, 21 – 28.
- Fajuyigbe, Oladele and Eheduru, G. C. (1991) “Framework for a Computerized Crime Information Centre (CCIC)”. Modelling, Simulation & Control, C, AMSE Press, Vol. 24 No. 2,1 – 7.
- Fajuyigbe, Oladele and Eheduru, Gerald C. (1991) “Constraints in Implementing the Computerized Crime Information Centre/System” Modelling, Simulation & Control, C, AMSE Press, Vol.26, No.2, 49-62.
- Fajuyigbe, Oladele and Eheduru, G. C. (1990) “Investigation of Pathologies in Computer Game Playing Programs” Proceedings Intern. AMSE-ICIRD Conference “Signals and Systems”, Vol. 1, 97 -110.
- Eheduru, G. and Fajuyigbe O. (1990) “Computer Simulation in Aid of Economic Recovery in Nigeria” AMSE Signals and Systems ed. by G. Mesnard, Tassin, France, Vol. 1, 75 – 90.
- Eheduru, Gerald C. (2000) “PC Project Scheduling Software: An Overview” Journal of Computer and System Sciences, New York, USA, Vol. 43, 269 – 82.
(ii) Local Journal Publications:
- Eheduru, G. C. (1991) “Measurement of Graph Structures in Organizations” Nigerian Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 2, 75 – 80.
- Eheduru, G. C. (1992)” A Critical Analysis of Factors Impeding Computer Applications in Nigeria” Journal of Large Scale Systems Research Group, Vol. 4,145 – 54.
- Eheduru, G. C. (1992) “Business Problem Analysis and Evaluation of Alternatives” Benin Journal of Social Sciences, 4, 157 – 67.
- Eheduru, G. C. (1991) “Use of Computers in Data Analysis” Proceedings of the Workshop for Personnel of the National Population Commission, ed. by Prof. C. Uche, Faculty of Social Sciences, 1991, 163 -174.
- Eheduru, G. C. (1994) “Computer-Assisted Project Evaluation: An Economic Evaluation of Oil and Gas Projects”. COAN CON. SERIES 5: 132 – 42.
- Eheduru, G. C. (1992) “Death Throes of a Struggling Journal: A Systems Analysis” Nig. J. of Bus. Admin., 3: 1 – 3.
- Eheduru, G. C. (1993) “Linear Congruence, Public-Key and Digital Signatures in Cryptography” Nig. J, of Bus. Admin., 3: 92 -104.
- Eheduru, G. C. (1996) “Organizational Decision Making: Concepts, History, Theories and Trends”. Benin Journal of Social Sciences, 5: 165 -181.
- Eheduru, G. C. (1998) “A Discussion of Some Forecasting Tools” Benin Journal of Social Sciences, 6: 241 – 57.
- Eheduru, G. C. and Okoye, A. E. (1995) “The Role of Management Information Systems and Control in Business Organization” in Accountancy Profession and Nigerian Economic Development ed. by A. E. Okoye and Allanda Watoseninyi, 2: 22 – 30.
- Eheduru, G. C. and Fajuyigbe O. (1998) “Issues in Computer Technology and Development: A Comparative Study Between the Developed and Developing Countries” Accounting Frontier, 2:115-122.
(iii) Recent Articles, Book Chapter and Books Published:
- Eheduru, G. C. (2003) “Management and Information Technology “in Issues in Management ed. by B.A. Agbonifoh and A.B. Agbadudu, Dept of Business Admin., University of Benin.
- Eheduru, G. C.; Okafor, F. C.; and McOliver, F. O. (2003) Research Methods (3> Edition). Benin City: AmiDei Computers.
- Eheduru, G. C. and Iwu, Greg. O. (2004) Quantitative Tools and Techniques for Management Decision Making. Benin City: AmiDei Computers.
- Eheduru, G. C. and A. B. Agbadudu. (2003) “Structures of Hierarchy and Network: Contributions of the Roman Catholic Church and Early Protestantism to Management Thought and Practice” Benin Journal of Social Sciences (BJSS) 7:91 – 98.
- Eheduru, G. C. (2005) “Controlling” in Management: A Nigerian Perspective, ed. Agbonifoh, B. A., et al, 255 – 76.
- Eheduru, G. C. and Eheduru, M. I. (2006) Some Notes on Survey of Programming Languages. Benin City, AmiDei.
- Eheduru G.C (2012). Towards a unified world view: The ‘God particle’’ and the traditional Christian belief. . Lecture series, Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Eheduru G.C. (2014). Achieving Desirable outcomes in catholic education in Nigeria through maximizing the potentials of Information and Communication Technology. Paper presented at the education seminar organized in Abuja for the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria.
- Eheduru G.C. (2016). Social Vices among youths- its gains, problems and implications. Talk delivered at Umuezeala Nsu Development Union Seminar organized for youths. October 16.
- Eheduru G.C. (2017). Role of Christian Father in a depressed economy. Talk delivered at Lutheran Church of Nigeria to mark the Father’s day celebration. 17th June 2017.
- Olufemi Sunday Adeoye and G. C. Eheduru (2016). A Novel Data Method to Addressing Class Imbalance in Safety Critical Systems (SOTech), IJRIT International Journal of Research in Information Technology, Volume 4, Issue 3, March 2016, Pg 45-66
- Nwakanma I.C., Awah J.E., Asiegbu B.C. and Eheduru G.C. (2015). Factors Affecting the Achievement of Gender Equity and Equality in Information Technology, International Conference on the goals of Arts, Social Sciences and Technology. Organized by the Directorate of General Studies, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria.
(a) Membership of Learned Societies-
- Member of Computer Association of Nigeria, MCOAN, since 1984
- Member of the Nigerian Management Forum, since 2000.
- Fellow of the Institute of Industrial Administrators, FIIA, 2007
(b) Prices/Honours, Awards/Distinctions:
Mathematics Problem-Solving Competition Organized by the Mathematics Department, University of Ibadan 1976/77.
- First Position in the First Competition
- First Position in the Second Competition
- Second Position in the Third Competition
- Overall Best in All Competitions
(c) Commended by the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Benin, in 1990 as Faculty Examination Officer.
(d) Knighthood: Made a Knight of St. Paul (KSP), Benin Archdiocese, April 1996.
(e) Awarded Certificate of Merit for Productive Research by FUTO in Dec. 2006.