Emeghara Chukwugozie Godfrey
Dept of Maritime Management Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri
Institutions Attended with Dates:
Federal University Of Technology, Owerri – 1997 – 2008
Federal University Of Technology, Owerri – 1991 – 1993
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife – 1978 – 1983
Comprehensive Secondary School, Awo-Omamma – 1973 – 1977
Qualifications Obtained with Dates:
PhD Transport Management – 2009
M.Sc Transport Management – 1994
B.Sc (Hons) Social Science (Demography and Statistics) – 1983
Senior Sch. Certificate – 1977
Transport/Materials Supervisor NAOC, Port Harcourt, NYSC Transport Manager, Ibari Motors, Owerri – 1983-1984 1985-1990
Part-Time Lecturer, Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron, Akwa Ibom State – 1996-1997
Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Maritime Management, FUTO – 2009-2015
Reader, Dept. of Maritime Management, FUTO – 2015-Till Date
M.C.I.T. – Membership of the Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics London – 1984
MinstTA, Membership of the Institute of the Institute of Transport Administration – 1995
MinstFF, Membership of the Institute of the Freight Forwarders, Nigeria – 1996
Ability to learn fast, working with my team under pressure, the initiative to achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
G.C.Emeghara (2011) – A perceptual Assessment of Delay Factors in Nigerian Ports Operation in The Nigerian Journal of Energy &Environmental Economics.
G.C. Emeghara (2011)-Inland Waterways Utilization and Agricultural Production Sustainability in Nigeria: A Case Study of The Niger Delta Region in International Journal of Development Digest.
Obed B.C. Ndikom & G.C. Emeghara (2012)-A critical Appraisal of Port Reform and Development Policy in Nigeria in Education Research Journal.
G.C.Emeghara (2011) – Determination of Delay Factors at Port – Harcourt Port, Rivers State, Nigeria in The International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences.
G.C.Emeghara & B.C. Ndikom (2011) – Delay Factors Evaluation of Nigerian Seaports: A case Study of Apapa Ports Complex, Lagos in Greener Journal of Physical Sciences.
Obed B.C. Ndikom & G.C. Emeghara (2012)-An Assessment On The Performance Of Improving Inland Container Depots (ICD) Management Models In The Nigerian Maritime Industry. In Continental Journal for Social Sciences Vol 5 No 1 Pp. 10-20, 2012
G.C.Emeghara (2012)-Analysis Of The Relative Influence Of Delay Causative Factors In A Ro-Ro Port By Emeghara G.C. PhD. The International Journal of Development Studies.
G.C.Emeghara (2012) – Measurement of Delay Factors in Container Ports of a Developing Economy, a Study of Lagos Container Terminal Nigeria in International Journal of Development and Management Review Vol 7, No 1 June 2012
Obed B.C. Ndikom & G.C. Emeghara (2012)- A Critical Appraisal of the Strategies for Improving Inland Container Depots (ICD) Performance/Production in Nigerian Environment in Continental Journal for Sustainable Development Vol 3 No 1 Pp. 30-38 2012
H.K. Onyema, P. Obinna, U.M Emenyonu, & G.C Emeghara (2015): The Impact of Port Congestion on the Nigerian Economy in International Journal of scientific research and management (IJSRM) ||Volume||3||Issue||7||Pages|| \ 3431-3437||India
H.K. Onyema, K. Ahmodu & G.C Emeghara (2015): Comparative Analysis of Port Performance in Nigeria: A Study of Ports in Rivers State in International Journal of Business & Management (IJBM)//vol 3//Issue7//2321-8916// India
G.C.Emeghara (2015) -Niger Delta Ports Performance Optimization Factors Assessment A Case Study Of Warri Ports’ Complex, Nigeria in International Journal of Geography and Environmental Management Vol. 1 No.2, 2015
G.C.Emeghara (2015)-Modelling Time Optimization Factors In Nigeria Ports a Case Study of Calabar Ports’ Complex, South East Nigeria in Journal of Transport and Financial Management Vol.1, No.1, 2015
T.C.Nwokedi & G.C Emeghara (2015) -Trend Analysis of Impact of Cargo Pilferage Risk on Post Concession, Cargo throughput Performance of Nigeria Seaport Terminals in International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics & Management)//vol 5//Issue7//2231-4245//
Onyema H.K., Iwuanyanwu J.O., Emeghara G.C (2015): Evaluation of Some Physiochemical Properties and Heavy Metals in Post-Treated Produced Water from Offshore Locations in the Niger Delta Area, Nigeria in Journal of Applied Sciences & Environmental Management (JASEM)//vol 19//Issue//4//767-770//, Nigeria.
Emenyonu U.M., Onyema H.K, Ahmodu K.O., Emeghara G.C (2015): An Assessment of the Influence of Cabotage Trade Operations on the Nigerian Maritime Industry in International Journal for Scientific Research & Development (IJSRD) //vol 3//Issue//09//2321-0613/,/India.
- Emeghara G. C; Onyema H.K; Anyanwu J.O (2016). Port Users’ Choice Assessment in a Competitive Region, Using Apapa Ports Complex and Cotonou Port Complex as a Study. Scientific Modelling and Research, 1(1): 11-18. United Arab Emirate
- Kenneth U. NNADI, Theophilus C. NWOKEDI, Ignatius A. NWOKORO, Obed C. NDIKOM, Godfrey C. EMEGHARA, Chinedum ONYEMECHI(2016): Analysis of Maritime Piracy and Armed Robbery in the Gulf of Guinea Maritime Domain Journal of ETA Maritime Science / JEMS, 2016; 4(4): 271-287.Turkey
- Emeghara G.C (2016): Oil and Gas Logistics: Gas Storage, as Remedy for Gas Flaring and Wastage in Essentials of Logistics and Transportation in a Developing Economy edited by Gladys Chineze Emenike,2016.
- Emeghara G.C (2018). Developing Forecasts and Trends for Post Concession Performance of Onne Seaport: Framework for Performance Improvement. International Journal of Transportation Engineering and Technology. 4(1):11-19
SEMINAR/CONFERENCE PAPERS READ OR PRESENTED
- *Freight Clearing, Forwarding and Documentation in Workshop I and II Organized By Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology, Zaria At Gateway Hotel Otta, Ogun State. 21st April 1998*The Choice Of Appropriate Incoterms For Profitability Export Business, Presented at Seminar Organised By Nigeria Shippers Council, at Niger Heritage Hotel Onitsha, Anambra State – 31st August 2000.
- *Production and Cargo Handling In Ports Management, Presented at the Seminar Organised by Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology Zaria at Nigerian Airways Training School, Lagos. 15™ November 1998.
- *Marine Insurance Presented at The Seminar Organized by Nigerian Institute Of Transport Technology, Zaria At Gateway Hotel Otta, Ogun State. 12™ April 1998 *Essential Personal Attributes (EPAS) for Career Life At Sea Presented at Seminar Organized By NIMASA at Presidential Hotel, Enugu On 25™ October 2008.
- *Port State Control at the Seminar on Management of Maritime Safety and Security at Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) Center, Kirikiri Apapa. 16TH -18TH December 2013.
- *Minimising the Impact of Shipping on Environment at the Seminar on Management of Maritime Safety and Security at Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) Center, Kirikiri Apapa. 16TH -18TH December 2013.
- *Logistics and Physical Management
- *Port Planning and Administration
- *Shipping and International Trade
- *Operations Research
- *Transport Insurance
- *Port Navigation and Control
- *Law of Business and Carriage
- * Management of Shipping Operation
G.C.Emeghara–Logistics Operations and Nigerian Economy: A Review, A paper presented at the Society of Maritime Management Students Week, March 4, 2009.
G.C.Emeghara–Maritime Transport and The Nigerian Economy; A Paper Presented to the Rotary Club of Kano at Kano Central Hotel, Kano on 25th May 2009.
Secretary: Awo-Omamma Comprehensive School, Old Boys Association, Owerri Branch.
President: Awo-Omamma Comprehensive Secondary School, Old Students Association, Owerri Branch.
Secretary: Umudurueke Kindred Association Idem-Ogwa
Chairman: Umudurueke Kin Dred Association
Secretary: Idem-Ukwu Town Union
Treasurer: Idem-Ukwu Town Union
Community Development Officer Rotary International (Rotary Club of Owerri) District 9140.
Secretary: Departmental Academic Board Transport Management Technology 2000.
Staff Adviser: Society of Transport Management Students (SOTRAMS) 2000-2002.
Staff Adviser, Society of Maritime Management Students (SOMANT).
SIWES Coordinator, Maritime Management Technology 2010 till Date.
CCE Coordinator, Maritime Management Technology 2010 till Date.
RELEVANT BOOK AUTHORED
Emeghara G.C (1989): Physical Distribution Management and Marketing, Named Publishers Owerri.
Emeghara G.C (2018). Oil and Gas Logistics in Nigeria. Turning Point Stationary Company, Owerri.
CONTRIBUTION IN RELEVANT TEXTBOOKS
EMEGHARA.G.C, (1998): Intermodalism A Salient Issue in Port Planning and Administration. A multimodal Approach in Transportation Management by Festus Okotie and Attah Damian, 2005 Chapter Five 210-216
Transportation Management, A multimodal Approach by Festus Okotie and Attah Damian, (2005) Edited by G. C.Emeghara
Freight Clearing and Forwarding and Documentation a workshop Organised by Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology Zaria at Gateway Hotel Otta, 2001
The Use of INCOTERMS in Ensuring Cost-Effective Import Business in Nigeria. A Seminar organised by Nigeria Shippers Council, Niger Heritage Hotel Onitsha. August 2001