Dr Donatus E. Onwuegbuchunam
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office No: NMA Building, RM 5 Upstairs
DEPARTMENT OF MARITIME MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY, SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI.
Academic Qualifications with Dates
- WAEC Technical Certificate, 1987
- Federal Craft Certificate (FCC), 1988
- General Certificate of Education (GCE), 1989
- B.Tech. (Second Class Honours Upper Division), Transport Management Technology (Maritime Option), 1996
- M.Sc. Maritime Management Technology, 2005
- Certificate in Statistical Data Analysis, from Analyse-it, University of Leeds UK (2010)
- PhD., Maritime Management Technology, 2015
- Research Study for Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) in 2014: Design of Academic Programmes for Establishment of Institute of Maritime Studies in Some Selected Nigerian Universities (2014).
- Research Consultancy for Dolfmadi Associates Inc. (2016), Design of Methodology, Data Needs and Functionalities for Development of Transport Data Repository in FCT Abuja, Nigeria
- SEAPORT MODELLING AND SIMULATION: Multivariate analysis and Simulation-based on deterministic and stochastic distributions.
- SEA TRANSPORT/LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT: Application of Operations Research Techniques to Transport and Logistics Management
- SEA TRANSPORT EXTERNALITIES: Modelling Marine Pollution in seaports and shipping operations
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Script: Mata Language based on C++ for simulations
- Advanced knowledge of:
- SPSS, Stata, Minitab, R e-views, Oxmetrics: Large data sets, Time series, Structural Equation Modelling (SEM), Cross-Sectional and Panel Data Econometrics.
- Lingo for Windows, Tora and General Algebraic Modelling Systems (GAMS): for Linear Programming applications. FlexSim and Pro model for Ports, Ship-Berth Link Simulation and Logistics Transport Systems.
- Basic knowledge of:
- SAS: for Econometric Analysis
- Matlab: For Simulations
Primary Teaching Area
Maritime Economics, Port Operations, Maritime Environmental Protection, Analysis of Transport Demand & Shipping Markets, International Trade & Shipping, Operations Research, and Econometrics.
Work Experience & Employment
- HOD, Maritime Management Technology (November 2017 to Date), FUTO
- GOZAN FREIGHT (Nig.) Ltd, Port Harcourt(1998-2001)
Position: Operations Manager.
- EDOLINE TRANSPORT Ltd, Benin-City
Position: Personal Assist. To the Transport Mgr. (N.Y.S.C), (1996-1997)
- NIGERIAN PORTS Plc. Apapa (Apr-Oct, 1995)
Position: Industrial Attaché,
- PANALPINA World Transport Nig. Ltd, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (1993-1994)
Position: Industrial Attaché,
- BACHEMAS (Nig.) Agencies Ltd Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (1992-1993)
Position: Industrial Trainee
Affiliations: Membership of Professional Societies
- International Member, International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME);
- Member Institute of Transport Administration (iOTA), Nigeria.
- International Member International Association of Marine Shipping Professionals (I.A.M.S.P)
- International Member Maritime Logistics Professional Society.
- International Member Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology (IMarEST)
- Dean’s Award, Best graduating student, School of Management Technology (SMAT), FUTO, 1996.
- Best Student’s Award (1990/1991-1995/1996 session); Department of Transport Mgt. Tech. SMAT, FUTO
- Best Hardworking Staff Award, Department of Maritime Management Technology, FUTO. (2010)
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E (2018), Port Governance, Devolution and Terminal Performance in Nigeria. International Journal of Logistics, 2(6), pp. 1-16. DOI:10.3390/logistics2010006; Switzerland
- Omoke, V & Onwuegbuchunam, D.E (2018), Determinants of Inter-port Competition: A Case of Coastal Ports in West Africa. Journal of Shipping and Ocean Engineering 8(1): 43-53. DOI 10.17265/2159-5879/2018.01.001; USA
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E, Ogwude, I.C, Igboanusi, C.C (2017), Evaluating the Performance of Marine Insurance Firms in Nigeria: An Augmented SWOT Analysis. International Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering; DOI:11648/j.ijtte.20170205.11; USA
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E, Ebe, T.E, Okoroji, L.I and Essien, A.E (2017), Analysis of Ship-Source Marine Pollution in Nigeria Seaports. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering; 5, No.39, pp. 1-16, DOI: 10.3390/jmse5030039; Switzerland.
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E, Aponjolosun, M.O and Ajayi, S.O (2016), Assessment of Effects of the Implementation of International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code on Port Operations (A Case Study of Tin Can Island Port Complex). European Journal of Business and Management, 8 (35): 20-30; United Kingdom (UK)
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E.; Ugwuanyim, G.U & Okeke, K.O. (2015), Addressing the Problem of Simultaneity in Cargo Shippers’ Port Utility Models: An Econometric Analysis. International Journal Statistical and Econometric Methods; Vol.4, No.4. Pp. 1-16; United Kingdom (UK)
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E., Nnadi, K.U & Ugwuanyim, G.U. (2015), Modelling Stability in the Demand for Sea Transport in Nigeria’s Freight Market: A Cointegration Analysis. International Journal of Mathematical Theory and Modelling; 5, No.10, Pp. 86-97; United Kingdom (UK)
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E., Akujuobi, A.B.C. (2013), SMEs Financing and Development in Nigeria’s Shipping Sector: A Case Study. Advances in Management and Applied Economics; 3, No.6, Pp.143-157; United Kingdom (UK)
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E. (2013), Port Selection Criteria by Shippers in Nigeria: A Discrete Choice Analysis. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics; 5, Nos.4/5: 532–550; DOI: 10.1504/IJSTL.2013.055288, Inderscience, United Kingdom
- Onwuegbuchunam D.E. (2011), Gender Discrimination in Nigeria’s Maritime Industry; International Journal of Development Digest; II, Pp. 15-27, USA
- Ibe C.C, Ejem, E.A, Onwuegbuchunam D.E. (2007), Passengers’ Preference to Public Transport Companies: A Multinomial Choice Analysis. Ikogho Multi-Disciplinary Journal, 4, No. iv, Pp. 57-69. University of Port Harcourt
- Onwuegbuchunam D.E, Ekwenna D.U, (2008), Analyzing the Determinants of Dry Port Selection Criteria by Shippers in Nigeria; Journal of Research in National Development; 6, No 1, Pp. 15-25. African Journals Online (AJOL)
- Onwuegbuchunam D.E. (2004), Technical Changes in Maritime: Implications for Nigerian Ports; Seminar Paper presented To the Department of Transport Mgt. Technology, FUTO.
- Onwuegbuchunam, D.E. (2002), Prospects and Problems of Integrated Transport Development in Nigeria, Seminar Paper presented to the Department of Transport Mgt. Technology, FUTO.