The Department of Management Technology offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Management Technology. Management Technology is a multidisciplinary programme that prepares managers in organisations to manage their technological fundamentals to create competitive advantage. It involves integrated planning, design, optimization, operation and control of technological products, processes and services. It is also the integration of policies and practices, application of organisational and leadership theories, communication processes and deployment of technological advances in the context of organisational growth and development.
The philosophy is the belief that training in this discipline will develop the mind, impart both theoretical and practical knowledge on the individual student, develop self-confidence, help to be innovative and self-reliant in the field of Management Technology.
To produce trained manpower in the field of Management Technology who are able to contribute to the management of the production industry and public institutions.
The objectives of the degree programme in Management Technology include:-
- To produce graduates with technological knowledge and skills needed for the understanding and analysis of problems in the management of industrial, commercial, public and other human organizations.
- To produce graduates with entrepreneurial spirit and skills needed for recognizing, defining and solving problems for re-engineering of the Nigerian economy.
- To develop in students, leadership and interpersonal relations skills for effective and efficient management of 21st-century organizations.
- To produce competent middle and upper-level managers who will contribute in planning, policy-making and management of organizations in the globalized knowledge economy.
- To establish linkages and partnerships with other national and international organizations engaged in education, research and development activities in the field of management technology.