Dr. (Mrs.) Okoye Ujunwa Calista is a Lecturer II in the Department of Management Technology (MGT) School of Management Technology ( SMAT). She holds a BSc, MSc and PhD in Business Administration. She also holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Foundations. She is a young academic who is very passionate about intellectual advancement and value creation. She is a member of Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) and Academy of Management. Her research focus is on Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship.
- PhD. Business Administration Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka – 2017
- M.Sc. Business Administration Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka – 2012
- B.Sc. Business Administration Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka – 2004
- West African Senior School Certificate Federal Government College, Enugu – 1993
The rapid and continuing changes in today’s business environment, as well as the need for nations to create value, profits and returns for the society, have aroused my interest to carry out research in the areas of Strategic management and Entrepreneurship. These areas of research address questions that have significant implications for the performance of firms such as; how can business firms gain a competitive advantage in the midst of the strategic challenges imposed on them by the dynamic nature of the environments in which they operate? Thus, these research areas examine how strategic decisions taken by the management of various firms may lead to very different outcomes and so offer an understanding of the strategic implications of their decisions and responses to environmental changes on the firm’s overall performance.
TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Lecturer II, Federal University of Technology, Owerri – 2015 – Date
- Akpan, P.L, Okoye, U.C, Onyechere, O.P (2018) Business Imperatives and Sustainable Growth of Food and Beverage Firms in a Developing Economy. IJJRM
- Akpan, P.L, and Enemuo U.C (2017) Strategic Thinking and Performance of Brewery Firms; An Empirical Evidence from Nigeria (1980-2017). A paper presented at West East Institute International Conference, Boston, U.S.A.
- Akpan, P.L, Enemuo, U.C, Onyechere, P.O and Muoneme, P.C (2017) Strategic Environmental Scanning as a Tool for Reviving Performance in a Recessed Economy; Empirical Evidence from Food and Beverage Sub Sector. A paper presented at the Department of Business Administration 2017 International Conference.
- Akpan, P.L, and Enemuo U.C (2016) Environmental Turbulence and Performance of Brewery Firms in Nigeria (1990-2015) published in Global Journal of Business and Management, Department of Business Administration, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
- Akpan, P.L and Enemuo U.C. (2014) Technological Environment and Manufacturing firms. Evidence from selected firms in the Delta State of Nigeria. A paper presented at Global Academic Network International Conference, De Paul University, Chicago, USA. September 2014.
- Akpan, P.L., Offiong M.O, Orogbo L.O, and Enemuo U.C (2012) Conflict and Development of Oil Producing States: Empirical Reflections on Niger-Delta Region of Nigeria, published in OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development, International Centre for Research in Law ((ICIRL) and centre for Research and Social Justice and Policy (CRSJP) at Laurentian University, Canada; Ontario International Development Agency (OIDA) Canada and PSEG Institute for Sustainability Studies, Montclair State University, New Jersey, USA. Ref. No. 208/USA/12/SD, Available at ssm,com/link/OIDA-intl-Journal-Sustainable-Dev.html.html OR ww.ontariointernational.org/usa OR firstname.lastname@example.org, Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- Akpan, P.L and Enemuo, U.C (2011). Conflict Management and Sustainable Performance of Petroleum Based Organizations published in Management Science Research Network.