Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD (Project Management Technology), from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, (2007), with a specialization in project planning, monitoring and control.
- M. Eng. (Industrial Engineering) from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, (1997) with specialization in Productivity Engineering, Industrial/Production Systems Design and Analysis.
- B. Sc Tech. (Material Engineering) from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, (1987).
- WASC (Division One) from the Government College Umuahia. (1979)
- Study Fellowship award (2003 – 2007) by FUTO
- Certificates of Excellence by Society of Project Management Technology Students (SOPMATS), PMT Department FUTO 2005/2006 session.
- Award of best Stars staff Advisers, by project Stars 2007 graduating students, PMT Department, FUTO.
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Industrial Engineers.
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Management.
- Member, University Senate January 2010 to February 2011
- Member, University PGS Board January 2010 to February 2011
- Coordinator, PhD, M.Sc, MBA Programmes, PMT dept. FUTO 2007 to 2010
- Examination Officer, PMT Dept. FUTO 1999 to 2001
- Member SMAT Examination Committee 1999 to 2001
- Member SMAT School Board 1998 till date
- Academic Adviser to undergraduates 1998 to 2006
- Coordinator FUTO Hockey team 1998 to 2000
- SIWES Coordinator, PMT Dept. FUTO 2004 to 2008
- Member of five man committee to harmonize and produce a revised programme of studies For project Management Technology 2006 to 2008
- Chairman, SMAT SIWES Committee 2006 to 2008
- Member, Departmental Strategic Plan Committee 2006 to 2007
- Chairman, financial sub committee, SMAT Committee for reception ceremony in honour of DVC administration 2002
- Project Supervisors, Undergraduate and PGDM Candidates 1998 till date
- Staff Adviser SOPMATS FUTO 2002 to 2007
- Circulation Manager, PMT Journal 2007 to date
- Member, PMT Dept. Seminar Committee 2006 to date
- Ubani E.C. (2003) The Application of Principles of Management by Objectives in Project Management. Review of Arts and Social Science. Quarterly Journal of Inter-University Friendship Association Vol. III, No 1, pp-160-163.
- Ubani E.C. (2004) “Analysis of Aggregate Production Planning Alternatives in a Depressed Economy” Journal of Research in National Development Vol. II, pp 103 – 108.
- Ubani E.C. (2005) Simulation Study of Small Scale Jobshop Manufacturing System. Journal of Research in National Development Vol, III. Pp 44-49.
- Ubani E.C. (2007) “Risk Management Issues in Engineering Project: An Explorative Discourse on Project Success”. International Journal of Development and Management Review. (INJODEMAR) Vol. 1/014, pp 147-153. http.www.ajol.
- Ubani E.C. (2007) “Downtime Analysis in Steel Rolling Mills in Nigeria” International Journal of Development and Management Review (INJODEMAR) Vol. 1/028 www.ajol.
- Ubani E.C. (2007) “Team Building and Motivation: Critical Factors of Project Success” Review of Arts and Social Sciences. Quarterly Journal of Inter-University Friendship Association. Vol. iv No. iv.
- Ubani E.C. (2008) Network Based Material Requirements Planning in Product Development Project. International Journal of Development and Management Review. Vol. 1/056. www.ajol.
- Ubani E.C. (2008) Contemporary Issues on Human Resources Development and Training in Project Management. International Journal of Development and Management Review. Vol. 1/056. www.ajol.
- Ubani E.C. (2010) Evaluating the Effects of Route selection Factors on the Success of Petroleum pipeline Projects in Nigeria. African Journal of Social Issues. Vol.1 No.1
- Trainee Engineer, at National Steel Council, Metallurgical Research and Test Division, Jos, 1995. Areas of practical experience; Materials processing, procurement and project management.
- Project Co-ordinator, Project development Institute (PRODA) Enugu, 1988 to 1991. Areas of practical experience; Project appraisal, design, implementation, procurement and management.
- Principal Project Engineer; Jopet Nig. Ltd, Port Harcourt. 1998 to 2003. Area of practical experience; Project design, planning, monitoring and control.
- Senior lecturer, Department of Project Management Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri 2004 to date. Areas of practical teaching experience, Project design, project planning, implementation, monitoring and control, Operations Management, Quality Management, Operations Research, Engineering Design Analysis, Manufacturing Technology, Production Planning and Control, Systems Engineering, Quantitative Business Techniques.
- Head, Department of Project Management Technology FUTO January 2010 to February 2011
- Head, Department of Management Technology, Bells
- University of Technology Ota, Ogun State (On Sabbtical Leave) 2013- 2014