Prof. Okechukwu Festus Prince Ukwuoma
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Sc. (Honours) (Second Class) Chemical Engineering University of Ife. August 30, 1982.
- M.Sc Chemical Engineering, University of Ife, November 27, 1985.
- PhD. Chemical Engineering (Project Management), Enugu State University of Science and Technology, July 13, 1999.
- COREN Registration 2000.
- Imo State Scholarship (1978 – 1982)
- Merit Award of National Association of Imo State Students by ESUT Enugu Chapter (1992)
- Merit Award for Outstanding Services by Nigeria Society of Chemical Engineers ESUT Students’ Chapter (1994)
- Merit Award of Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineering by ESUT Students’ Chapter of NSChE (1998)
- Merit Award for Selfless Service to Mankind and NAISS by the National Association of Imo State Students (NAISS). (2001)
- Academic Noble International Award by the Institute of Industrial Administration of Nigeria (2010).
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (NSCHE)
- Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Member, Environmental Management Association of Nigeria (EMAN)
- COREN Registered Engineer
- Member, New York Academy of Society
- Director Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu. (Feb., 2000 – Feb. 2001)
- Research Fellow, (Sabbatical Employment) National Center for Technology Management, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile –Ife. (Jan. 1998 – Jan 1999)
- Research Assistant, Department of Chemical Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. (Feb. 1984-Sept. 1985)
- Process Engineer, Faro Bottling Company, Yola, (NYSC). (1982-1983)
- COREN Registration 2000.
- Prince Okechukwu Ukwuoma, Benedict Amade, Enoch Ifeanyichukwu Moghalu (2013): The Management of Research and Development (R&D) for Commercialization in Nigeria, Vol. 1 (3), pp 477-497
- Akhionbare, W.N., Ukwuoma, O. and Akhionbare, S.M.O.(2010): Environmental Impacts Analysis of a Water Supply Project – The Case of Ikpoba River Dam Waterworks, Benin City, Nigeria; Journal of Applied Sciences Research, Vol.6(12), pp.2081-2084.
- Adu, Ukwuoma,n, V., and Ukwuoma , O. (2009): The Application of Value Engineering for Construction Projects in Nigeria; Journal of Environmental Design, Vol. 4 (1 &2), 34
- Ukwuoma, O. and Ononuju, C.N. (2008): Can a Project Audit Rescue a Runaway Project; Journal of Industry, Business, and Economic Research (JIBER), Vol.13(1), pp.309-322.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2008): Synthesis of A4 Zeolite from Calcined Nigerian Kaolinitic Clays, Journal of Raw Materials Research, Vol.5(1&2), pp.66-73.
- Igbokwe,P.K and .O.Ukwuoma (2008): Safety Evaluation of the Industrial Environment for the Improvement of Occupational Health, Nigerian Journal of Engineering Management, Vol. 9(1) pp.13-17.
- Ukwuoma, O and C.N.Ononuju (2007): On the Application of Optimal Control Theory to Research and Development (R&D) Projects Management, Journal of Industry, Business and Economic Research; Vol.12 (1), pp. 311-327.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2005): Bringing Order out Chaotic Project—Change Management; Journal of Industry, Business and Economic Research, Vol. 9(1), pp 53-68.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2005): Competing Factors in R&D Projects Management, Journal of Engineering Research and Development, Vol. 2 (2), pp 15-20
- Ukwuoma, O. and D.C. Nwosu (2003): Comparative Analysis of Consumer Products (Toilet Soaps) Journal of Scientific and Industrial Studies, Vol. 1 (2), pp 17-20
- Ukwuoma, O. (2002): Comparative Study of Liquid Products derived from Hydrotreating of Nigerian Tar Sand Bitumen, Petroleum Science & Technology; Vol. (5&6), pp 525-534
- Ukwuoma, O. (2000): Human Resources Issues in R&D. Projects Management, Journal of Industry, Business and Economic Research, Vol. 2 (2), pp 884-893
- Ukwuoma, O. (2000) Production of Formed-Coke from Nigerian Sub-Bituminous Coal, Journal NSChE, Vol. 19 (1&2), pp 76-80
- Ukwuoma, O. and Ademodi, B. (1999): The Effects of Temperature and Shear Rate on the Apparent Viscosity of Nigerian Oil Sand Bitumen; Fuel Processing Technology, Vol. 60, pp 95-101
- Ukwuoma, O. (1999): Study of Composition of Nigerian Tar Sand Bitumen: Petroleum Science & Technology Vol. 17 (Issues 1 & 2), pp 57-65
- Onukwuli, O.D., Ukwuoma. O. Aneke, L. E. and Igbokwe, P.K. (1995): Production of Activated Clay for Bleaching of Palm Oil; NSChE Vol. 14 (1&2), pp 28-34
- Ukwuoma, O. (1993): Production of Synthetic Fuels from Nigerian Tar Sand Bitumen; Fuel Science & Technology International, Vol. 11 (11), pp 1629-1635
- Oshinowo, T., Ademodi, B., Ukwuoma, F.O. and Sanni, S.A: (1992): Upgraded Liguid Hydrocarbons from Non-Catalytic Thermal Hydrocracking of Bitumen from Nigeria Tar sand; J. NSChE, Vol. 11 (1 & 2), pp 81-90.
- Project Design and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Chemical Process
- Environmental Management
- Head, Department of Project Management Technology, Federal University , Owerri. (Jul. 2011- Date)
- Associate Dean, School of Management Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri. (Mar. 2008- Jun.2011)
- Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, Department of Project Management, FUTO, Owerri. (Oct. 2006-Oct.2009)
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Project Management Technology, FUTO, Owerri. (Jan, 2003 – 2006)
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering, ESUT, Enugu. (Oct. 1993-Jan. 2003)
- Lecturer I, Department of Chemical Engineering, ESUT, Enugu. (Oct. 1990 – Oct. 1993)
- Lecturer II, Department of Chemical Engineering, Enugu State University of Science & Technology. (Dec. 1987-Oct.1990)
- Lecturer and Ag. Head Department of Chemical Engineering & Metallurgy, Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri. (Nov. 1985-Nov. 1987).