Academic and Professional Qualifications
- ♦ Ph.D (Biochemistry, 1993) University of Port-Harcourt, Nigeria. Dissertation on “Blood Redox Changes in Sickle Cell Disease”
- ♦ Post-graduate studies in Medicinal Chemistry, University of Houston, Texas (1978-79).
- ♦ M.Sc. (Chemistry, 1978) Youngstown State University, Ohio.
- ♦ B.Sc. (Biology/Chemistry, 1975) Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana Pennsylvania (Norah E Zink University Scholar, 1972-1975).
Have published sizable journal articles/books in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Systems’ Modeling, and African Cosmology.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG and Ayuk, AA; Derivation of Epsilon (e) and Pi (p) From the Kinetic Molecular Theory of Matter; Global Journal of Pure and Applies Sciences, Vol 16 (3), June 2010.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Oxidative Stress: Sickle Cell Anaemia as Model; Proceedings of the International Union for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Marrakesh Morocco, April 2009.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Primary Pyruvate Acidosis in Sickle Cell Anaemia; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Vol 24 (2), 2009.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Mole Not pH for Hydrogen Ion Concentration; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; vol. 23 (2); 51-54, 2008.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Further Evidence of Pi (p)-based Erythrocyte Dimensions; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; 23 (1): 48-52, 2008.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG and Madumere, HEO; Depleted Blood Fructose in Diabetes; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Vol 23 (1), 12-14; 2008.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Turbulence: Erythrocyte Structure and Fluid-Dynamic Pi (p) Designs; Journal of Medical Research and Technology; Vol 4 (2); December, 2007.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Polyhedral Charge-packing Model for Blood pH Changes in Disease States; African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 6 (9), 1128-1131; May, 2007
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG and Mbeyi, CU; Altered Hexose Sugar Metabolism in Sicklecell Anaemia; African Journal of Biochemistry, Vol 1 (3), 037-040; August, 2007
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; The Energy Cost of Kidney Proton Dialysis in Sickle Cell Anaemia; African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol 6 (2) 128-130; January, 2007.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Nwanjo, HU and Ajaegbu, VU; Decreased Erythrocyte Resting Membrane Potential in Sicklecell Anaemia; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 24 (2): 51-54, 2008.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Physicochemical Logics of the Natural Selection of Biostructural Elements; Journal of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; 25 (1), 2010.
- ♦ Igwe, CU, Onyeze, GOC, Onwuliri, VA, Osuagwu, CG and Ojiako, AO; Evaluation of Chemical Composition of the Leaf of Spondias Mombin Linn from Nigeria. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol 4 (5): 706-710, 2010.
- ♦ Osuagwu, CG; Mechanism of the Anti-sickling Effects of Cajanus Cajan and Phenylalanine; Nigerian Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 25 (2): 2010.
- ♦ Alisi, CS; Ojiako, AO; Osuagwu, CG and Onyeze, GOC. Response Pattern of Anti-Oxidants to Lipid Peroxide Concentration in Carbon-tetroxide Hepato-toxicity is Tightly Logistic in Rabbits. European Journal of Medicinal Plants; 1(4): 118-129, 2011.
- ♦ Alisi C.S, Onyezeaco, Ojiako O.A and Osuagwu .G Evaluation of the Protective Potential of Chromolaema adorata linn. Extract on Carbon Tetrachloride – induced Didative live damage. International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review 1 (3): 69 – 81, 2011.
- ♦ Alisi C.S, Ojiako O.A, Osuagwu C.G. and Onyeze G.C, Free Radical Scavenging and in – vitro Antioxidqant effects of ethanol Exctract of the medical Herb chromolaema odorata linn.
British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 1(4): 141 – 155, 20211.