- University Tertiary Institution Matriculation Examination (UTME) Requirements.
To be admitted into the 5-year B. Tech. (Biochemistry) degree programme, in addition to having an acceptable pass in the University Tertiary Institution Matriculation Examination (UTME) (Combination: English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics) the candidate must satisfy one of the following:
- Senior Secondary School Certification Credit passes in 5 subjects, which must include English Language, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Physics at not more than two sittings.
- 5 NECO/NECO GCE O/Level credit passes as in (i) or 5 WAEC/GCE O/Level credit passes as in (i).
- The university allows the combination of WAEC and NECO/NABTEB results.
- Direct Entry Requirements
- HSC/GCE A/Level passes in two relevant subjects with the relevant SC/GCE O/Level credit passes as listed in 1(i) in not more than two sittings.
- HSC/GCE A/Level credit passes in Chemistry and two other subjects at not more than two sittings.
Holders of OND (ND) certificate with minimum of upper credit pass are eligible for admission into year II provided their programmes cover certain basic courses offered in the University up to the second year. Holders of HND with minimum of credit pass are eligible for admission into Year III depending on the appropriateness of their requisite academic qualification. In addition to fulfilling the requirements above, a holder of OND (ND) and /or HND must also have five GCE O/Level credit passes in the subjects listed in 1(i) above.