Chioma Vivianmaria Ajuruchi (Mrs)
Ajuruchi Vivian Maria Chioma (Mrs.) is a B.Sc. Degree holder in Biological Sciences and Botany from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (1990). She is an educationist, holds a post-graduate degree in Education from the F.C.T. College of Education, Zuba, Abuja and an M.Sc. degree in Environmental Health Biology, from the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Currently, she is a PhD. Research Fellow in Plant Physiology and Systematics, Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
An active member of the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, she has pioneered the establishment of various private schools in Niger State and the Northern part of the country and also helped in the growth and development of schools under the Primary and Secondary Schools Education Board in Niger State. She served as the Financial Secretary, Association of Private Schools Proprietors Madalla Niger State Chapter. (2001-2011).
An Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Biology, School of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Technology Owerri, She is also a Lay Apostolate Catholic Marian Missionary. A Devotee of the Most Precious Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, She is also a member of various pious Associations/ groups such as Opus Dei, The Universal Living Rosary of St. Philomena, St. Theresa’s Corpus Christi Association, The Little way Movement, The Sacred Heart special Evangelizers to mention but a few.
Vivian Maria is actively involved in evangelization and has continued to spread the faith through seminars, motivational talks, spiritual exercises, personal interactions among Christians and in particular Catholics both with the church and outside.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.Sc. Botany/Biological Sciences 1991
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) 2010
- M.Sc. Environmental Health Biology 2015
- PhD Plant Physiology/ Systematics in Progress
RESEARCH AREA/ INTEREST: Plant Science/ Plant Nutritive Biochemistry
- Ajuruchi, V.C. and Duru, C.M. (2015). Efficacy of Xylopia aethiopa (Dunal) A. and Afromomium melegueta (ROSC) K Schum Fruit on Sitophilus zea. International Journal of Food Science and Quality Management. Vol. 42: 75-79.
- V.C. Ajuruchi et al. (2017). Assessment of Heavy Metals Bioaccumulation in Corchorus olitorius Linn. (Jute Mallows “Ahihara”) in some parts of Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Environmental Health and Development. Vol.18(1):18-29.
- V.C. Ajuruchi and M.O.E. Iwuala (2017). Studies on the concentration of Heavy Metals and Soil Nutrients in Differential Soil Samples from parts of Imo State, Nigeria, with comments on some effluent Discharge indices and their implications. International Journal of Environmental Health and Development. Vol.18(18):1-11
- Ukaoma, A. A., Okechukwu, R. I., I. R., Ukaoma., Ajuruchi V. C. (2016).Inhibitory Potential Capacity of Lantara camara L. Extracts on Pathogenic Microorganisms using Dehydrogenase Assay. Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. ISSN : 2394 – 2630,3(5). 112 – 120.
- Azuwike, Catherine O., Ihejirika Chinedu; Ajuruchi, Vivian Maria C. and Ononiwu Ezinne Z,(2016). Antibacterial and Antifungal Potentials of Extracts of Caladium bicolor, (Spotted Cocoyam). International Journal of Biotechnology, Agriculture and Environment Technology Research, Vol.1, No. 1: 24 – 28.
- Adjeroh, L.A., Ajuruchi, V.C., Nnokwe, J. Azuwuike, C. O; Mgbemena, I.C, (2015). Preliminary Phytochemical Screening and Antibacterial/Antifungal Activities of Leaf Extracts of Euphobia hirtta. Journal of Natural Science Research Vol. 1 No 16:153 – 158.
- C. M. Duru; R. I. Okechukwu and V. C. Ajuruchi (2014). Antimicrobial Activity and Phytochemical Analysis of Aqueous and Ethanolic Extracts of the fruit of Hedrathera bateri Hook ( F) Pichon. International Journal of Environmental Health and Human Development.Vol. 15, No. 2: 33 – 39.