Allison N. Love, PhD.
The manipulation of natural products compatible with the environment, in the management and control of infectious and parasitic diseases, promises to break the cycle and incidence of diseases. Untamed environmental factors in some tropical regions have culminated in alterations in the ecosystem resulting in big storms and unprecedented flooding as the rivers overflow their banks with the resultant high prevalence of diseases. Malaria alone affects hundreds of millions of people in third world countries causing millions of death.
There is a need for cutting-edge research on the most prevalent and medically important tropical infectious diseases ( TIDS ) in order to meet the challenges at the international and local levels, also the need to bring about accelerated progress in the eradication of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDS ) and Diseases Emergence and control , dwelling on new possibilities that will fast-track efforts to bring the scourge of diseases under control .
In furtherance of this goal, therefore, Dr Love Nma Allison focuses on the development of eco-friendly approaches for prevention and eradication of diseases, taking account of the problems posed by pollution, pests, parasites, environmental denaturation and natural disasters with a view to providing useful short and long-term solutions.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- PhD. Public health/ Medical Entomology, 2014, Imo State University, Owerri.
- M.Sc. Public health Entomology/ Parasitology, 2004, Imo State University Owerri
- B. Sc. ( Honors ) Biology, 1996, University of Nigeria Nsukka.
President, Umuoma women, Home and Abroad, Owerrenkworji Nkwerre Local Government Area, Imo state
Resource person, Centre for Democracy and Development ( C.D.D ), on the challenges of Education and health sectors in Abuja Nigeria, 2015
Membership of Professional bodies
- Member, Public Health and Parasitology Society of Nigeria (PPSN)
- Member, Biotechnology Society of Nigeria (BSN)
- Member, Science Teachers Association of Nigeria (STAN)
- Member, Entomology Society of America (ESA)
- Member, Pan African medical mycology society (PAMMS)
- Member, Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Member, Organization for Women in Science and Development (OWSD)
- Member, International Research, and Development Institute (IRDI)
- Member, FUTO Women Association (FUTOWA)
- Chidi Uzoma Igwe, Linus A. Nwogu, Emeka E. Ezeokeke, Callistus I. Iheme, Love Nma Allison, (2017) Effects of ethanol leaf extract of Moringa oleifera on oxidative stress and Atherogenic Indices of Otapiapia-Exposed Albino Rats. Journal of Clinical Toxicology 7:3 DOI:10.4172/2161-0495.1000350
- Mgbemena, I.C; Allison, L.N; Udensi, U.J; Nweke, K.E; Nwachukwu, A. A, Ezea, C.O. (2016) Screening of Ethanol extract of Combretum racemosum and Euphorbia hirta leaves for possible action on Trypanosoma brucei infected mice. Scholars Academic Journal of Biosciences (SAJB). ISSN 2321-6883. 4 (9): 725-731.
- M.O. Nwachukwu, O.C. Ezea, L.N. Allision, V.C. Ajuruchi, C.I. Nwachukwu & A.A. Amaechi (2016). Efficacy of Powdered Peel Extract of Orange on Pearl Millet (Pennisetum Glauncum) stored pest (Cryptolestes Furrugineus). Proceedings of 50th Annual Conference of Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN) pp 660-662.
- L. N. ALLISON, K. S. DIKE, A. C. UDEBUANI AND A. N. C. AMADI (2015). Assessment of antifungal activities of Carica papaya latex and aqueous extract of Allium sativum against mycodeteriogens of tomato and orange juice, Journal of Advances in food science and Technology, ISSN NO. : 2454-4213, Vol. 3, Issue. : 1
- L. N. ALLISON, A.C. UDEBUANI, P. N.ABARA, A. N.C AMADI AND UKOMA (2014 )
Environment and Health in Emergencies: a new approach in safeguarding people’s health from environmental threats, Accepted for publication in Journal of Earth sciences and Engineering, ISSN 2159-581X, ( David publishing company, 240 Nagle Avenue #15C, New York, NY 10034, U.S.A.
- L. N. ALLISON, K. S. Dike, F. N. Opara, M .N.Ezike and A. N. Amadi (2013). Evaluation of larvicidal efficacy and phytochemical potential of some selected indigenous plants against Anopheles gambiese and Culex quinquefasciatus, Advances in Biosciences and Biotechnology, 1128 – 1133. http://www.scrp.org/journal/abb/4
- P. N. Abara, A.C. Udebuani, B. O. Thomas, M. C. Duru, L .N. Allison (2013). Cytotoxicity of Deltamethrin on the growth of Onions ( Allium cepa) International Journal of Environmental Health and Human Development V Deol. (14), 1-6.
- A. C. Udebuani, E . U. Onweremadu and L. N. Allison-Onyechere (2013). Distribution of soil organisms in spent engine oil contaminated soils of Owerri agricultural zone Imo State, Journal of Biodiversity and Ecological Sciences ( J B E S ), Issue 1, ISSN 2008-9287, 15-19.
- Okechukwu, I. C. Mgbemena , L. N. O. Allison and N . A. Tony-Chiegboka (2011). Physic chemical and Microbial qualities of Borehole water in Owerri West, Imo State. Advances in Science and Technology 5(11): 127-132
- L. N. Allison-Onyechere, F. N. Opara and R . I. Okechukwu (2010). The efficacy of Artemisia anua lemongrass and lime against chloroquine-resistant Plasmodium malaria in Albino rats. International Journal of Environmental and Human Development 11( 1): 24-27
- L. N. Allison – Onyechere and F. N. Opara ( 2010 ) phytochemical and antibacterial activity of extracts of Carica papaya. African Journal of Research, Innovation, and Discovery, 4(2): 91-147.
- Nwachukwu, I. N., L. N. Allison – Onyechere, Chinakwe, E. C. and Nwadiaro P. (2008). Studies on the effect of Cymbopogon citrates, Ceiba pentandra and Loranthus bengwelensis extracts on species of dermatophytes. Journal of American Science, 4 ( 4): ISSN 1545 – 1003, http://www.americascience.org.
- F. O.U. Osuala, and L.N. Allison-Onyechere ( 2006). Prevalence of intestinal Helminthes among Pupils of Federal University of Technology Staff School Owerri. International Journals of National and Applied Science 2 (3): 250-254.
- F. O.U. Osuala and L.N. Allison-Onyechere 2006. Antibacterial activities of Extract of Garlic (Allium sativum) Animal Production Research Advance 2 (1): 100-103.
- L.N. Allison-Onyechere, Udensi, Ngodi, U. and Ezike M.N. 2006. Anaerobic Biotechnology for sustainable waste treatment. Journal of Research in Bioscience 2(3): 17-20
- Osuala, F.O.U. and L.N. Allison-Onyechere, 2005. Studies on the comparative patterns of Ascorbic acid levels in unripe and ripe fruits of Guava. International Journal of Environmental Health and Human Development 6(11): 1-6.
- Osuala, F.O.U. and Allison-Onyechere L.N. 2005. Studies on the antibacterial properties of Piper guineesis, International Journal of Environmental Health and Human Development 6(11): 1-6BOOKS:
- L.N. Allison, 2015. Genetics for University Students. Department of Biological science, Federal University Technology Owerri ISSN: 978-535273-3 Pg. -154-179, 196-204.
- L.N. Allison, 2013. Biology for university students. Department of Biological science Federal University of Technology Owerri ISBN : 978-219-3542. P. 149-189.
- L.N. Allison-Onyechere, 2013. Higher plants, Foundation Biology for University Students vol.1 & vol.11. Department of Biological Science, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Publish.ISBN: 978- 219 – 354 -1 , ISBN: 978 -219 -354 -2.
- L.N. Allison-Onyechere 2013. Research Techniques in Hydrobiology/Fishing Techniques in Biological and Agricultural Science. Department of Biological Science, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Pub. ISBN: 978- 978-50638- 9 p. 227 -264.
- L.N. Allison- Onyechere, 2010. Ecology, Undergraduate Biology, Department of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Pub. ISBN: 978 – 2669 – 88 – 1 p . 122 – 129.
- L.N. Allison, (2015). Heritable and Non- Heritable Characteristics. In: Genetics for Nigerian students. ISSN: 978-535273-3 Pg. , 196-204.
- L.N. Allison, (2013). Reproduction in organisms, Foundation Biology for University Students. Publish. ISBN: 978- 219 – 354 -1.
- Training Workshop on “Epivax”, Drug formulation, the Disease States on the prediction of Drug disposition at the University of Texas Medical School, U.S.A, 2015
- Training Workshop on Genetics and Molecular Biology approach to disease control and Environmental pollution management at University of Ibadan/ Institute of Science Laboratory Technology Nigeria. 2009.
- Training on Medical Mycology, Pan African Medical Mycology, held in Abuja, 2010
Biotechnology Workshop training on Application of Molecular Biology Techniques in the Diagnosis of infectious diseases, at Lahore Research Laboratories, Benin Nigeria. 2008.
- Pest Management, Vector control, Pesticides, uses/Abuses-Public Healthcare, Diagnostic Parasitology and Environmental Biology.
- Public Health Parasitology, Biotechnology, and Environmental Management
- Insect Toxicology
- Phytochemical Screening and antibacterial uses of local plants of Medicinal importance
- Ecological risk assessment of emerging Arthropod Vector diseases.
- Senior Biology Advisor, Ministry of Education Owerri, Imo State, 1998-2004
- Lecturer – Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, 2005- Date
- Senior Lecturer – Department of Biological Science, Federal University of Technology Owerri Nigeria, 2015 – Date
- Coordinator: Center for Human Resource Development( CHRD ), Biology Department, Federal University of Technology Owerri 2016
- Co-ordinator of Research, Department of Biology 2015-date
- Director, “AKU GREEN INITIATIVE,” a non-Governmental Organization ( NGO ) for Environmental Consultancy And Advocacy
Time Table officer, Department of biology, 2012 – 2015
- Welfare Chairman, Department of Biology, 2012- Date
- Member, Welfare Board, School of Biological Sciences ( S O B S ), Federal University of Technology, Owerri Nigeria, 2015
- Student Registrar and Course Advisor, Department of Biotechnology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, 2006- Date
- Supervision of Students’ Seminars and Research work. 2005 – Date