Dr Priscilla Nkeonye Abara
Dr Priscilla Nkeonye Abara is a native of Umuene Obiangwu in Ngor – Okpalla Local Government Area of Imo State, Nigeria. she is an alumnus of the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, where she obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology and Master’s degree in zoology (with interest in environmental pollution). She further obtained her PhD. Degree in Biotechnology from the Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
She was employed as an assistant lecturer in 2005 and her professional carrier has witnessed progressive elevations from assistant lecturer to senior lecturer. Dr Abara has taught and supervised many research works of undergraduate and graduate students in Biotechnology and Biology Departments.
Dr Priscilla Abara has authored books in her discipline and papers from her research work have been published in reputed scientific journals. She is happily married to Mr Alexander. C. Abara and the union is blessed with six children.
- B. Sc. (Hons) Zoology University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, Nigeria, 1991.
- M.Sc. Zoology, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos Nigeria, 2006.
- PhD. Biotechnology, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria 2016.
- Member, Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC), 2013.
- Member, Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry African Region, 2013.
- Member, Organization of Women Scientist in the Developing World (OWSD), 2009.
- Member, Biotechnology Society of Nigeria (BSN), 2008
- Member, Research for Life Community, 2010.
- Member, Global Science Committee (GSC), 2015
- West African Society of Toxicology (WASOT)
- Registered Environmental Health Officer of Nigeria (Sanitarian)(2018)
- Environmental Safety
- Environmental Toxicology
- Environmental Management
- Member School of Biological Sciences Board of Studies Federal University of Technology Owerri (2015-Date)
- Member Department of Biology Board of Studies Federal University of Technology Owerri (2005-Date)
- Member, Department of Biology Postgraduate Board, Federal University of Technology Owerri (2016 – Date)
- Examination Officer, Department of Biology (2012 – Date)
- Chairman, Department of Biology Examination committee; (2017 – Date)
- Research affiliate Institute of Environmental Health and the Environmental Justice Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria.
- Academic adviser (Undergraduate), Department of Biotechnology (2008-2013)
- Pesticide Risk Assessment for Pollinators (2015).
- E-Resource national leadership course on the training of trainers, (2010).
- Genetics and molecular biology approach to disease control and environmental pollution management in Nigeria, (2009).
- Molecular markers and their applications in tropical agriculture for breeders, Agronomists, pathologists, biotechnologists, microbiologist etc. (2008).
- Abara, P. N., Adjero, L. A., Ezea, O. C., Udebuani, A. C. and Nnamani, C. J. (2018). Genotoxic Potential of The Cypermethrin-Based Pesticide Best® On African Catfish Clarias gariepinus. IDOSR journal of science and technology 3(1): 1-8
- Udebuani, A. C., Otitoju, O., Akaniru, C. N., Nwaogu, L. A. and Abara, P. N. (2018). Effects of Chronic Consumption of Cola nitida on Melatonin and Enzyme Production in Albino Wistar Rats. Der Pharmacia letter 9(11): 7 – 15
- Offor C. E., Abara P. N., Ugwu Okechukwu P.C., Ekpono, E. U., Aloke, C. and Eneh, C. P. (2017). Vitamin and mineral composition of Annona muricata. International Digital Organization for Scientific Research. IDOSR journal of scientific research, 2(1):76- 82.
- Aja. P. M., Nwobasi, C. S., Alum, E. U., Udeh S.M.C., Edwin N., Orinya O.F., Abara P. N. and Aloke C. (2017). Mineral and proximate compositions of Nauclae latifolia root bark from Abakaliki Ebonyi State. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences, 6(2): 375-382
- Offor, C. E., Aloke, C., Ominyi, M. C., Edwin, N., Ugwu Okechukwu, P. C., Nwobasi, C. S., Abara, P. N. and Njoku, J.O. (2017). Evaluation of the anti-diabetic effect of ethanol leaf-extract of Pterocarpus santalinoides in Alloxan-induced diabetic albino rats. International Digital Organization for Scientific Research. IDOSR Journal of Applied Sciences 2(1) 114-122
- Aja, P. M., Uzuegbu, U. E., Opajobi, A. O., Udeh, S. M. C., Alum, E. U., Abara, P. N., Nwite, F. and Ibere, J. B. (2017). Comparative effect of ethanol leaf- extracts of ficus capensis and moringa oleifera on some haematological indices in normal albino rats. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 4 (02), 471-476
- Offor, C. E., Uzuegbu, U. E., Opajobi, A. O., Ugwu Okechukwu, P. C., Uneke, F. C., Abara, P. N. and Orinya, O. F. (2017). Proximate composition and phytochemical analysis of the endosperm of Cocos nucifera L. International. Digital Organization for Scientific Research. IDOSR Journal of Scientific Research 2(1):83-90
- Udebuani, A. C., Otitoju, O., Abara, P. N., Eze, E. C. and Duru, M. C. (2017). A cytotoxicological response of Zea mays to crude oil: The ecological effects of exposure to contaminants. International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review, 16 (3): 1 – 9
- Ibiam, U. A., Abara, P. N., Udebuani, A. C. and Ezea, O. C. (2016). Evaluation of detergent residue concentrated in food processed with detergent. European Journal of Applied Sciences, 8 (5): 297 – 300
- Udebuani, A. C., Otitoju, O., Onweremadu, E. U., Abara, P. N. and Alaekwe, C. K. (2016). Climate change impact and carbon sequestration of agricultural soil around automobile service centre in Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 11 (1): 14 – 18
- Udebuani, A. C., Ofoma, A. O., Otitoju, O., Abara, P. N., Ezejiofor, T. N. and Chukwuma, M. C. (2016). Cytotoxic and genotoxic impacts of pharmaceutical effluent from K. P. Pharmaceutical industry, Nigeria. American Chemical Science Journal, 16(2): 1 – 10
- Udebuani, A. C., Abara, P. C., Obasi, K. O. and Okuh, S. U. (2015). Studies on the insecticidal properties of Chromolaena odoranta (Asteraceae) against adult stage of Periplaneta Americana. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies, 3 (1): 129 – 133
- Abara, P. N., Ibiam, U. A., Ubi, B., Udebuani, A. C. and Ugwu-Okechukwu, P. C. (2014). Cytotoxic and genotoxic effects of two detergents on Rattus norvegicus. World Engineering and Applied Sciences Journal, 5 (2): 53 – 58.
- Abara, P. N., Udebuani, A. C., Thomas, B. P., Duru, M. C. and Allison, L. N. (2013). Cytotoxicity of Deltamethrin on the growth of onions (Allium cepa). International Journal for Environmental Health and Human Development, 14 (1): 26 – 30