Raymond Ikechukwu Austin Nnadozie
SUMMARY OF PROFILE
Nnadozie Raymond Ikechukwu Austin.[Jr], is a Biomedical Scientist, currently teaching at the Department of Biology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, [FUTO]. Born on August 6th, 1969, in Okwanwoke, Isiokwu-Ihioma, Orlu LGA, Imo State. He started and completed his Primary Education [FSLC, 1982] in Santana (Boarding) Primary School, Awo-Omanma, Oru-East LGA, Imo State, enrolled and finished his Secondary School [WASC:1987], in Marist Brothers Juniorate, Uturu, Isikwuato-Okigwe, Abia State. Obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree [B.Sc [Hons] 1991], in Parasitology and Entomology from Nnamdi Azikiwe University [NAU], Awka, Anambra State.
He started his Master’s Degree [in 1998], in Public Health Parasitology&Entomology, under the supervision of Professor O.O Njoku [Dept. of Parasitology & Entomology, NAU], but later completed it [in 2009] under Prof. (Mrs) P.I.K Onyeka, Prof. C.N Ukaga and Prof B.E.B Nwoke’s, supervision [at The Department of Animal & Environmental Biology,[AEB], Imo State University, Owerri, [IMSU]. He is currently a Doctorate Student at the same AEB, Department, IMSU.
[In 1989 (Aug- Oct) & 1990 (Aug-Oct) respectively],He did his Student Industrial Training (IT) experience, at Raykon Laboratories Ltd, #.67 Bode Thomas Street, Surulere, Lagos- [one of The Pioneers of Radioimmunoassay & Hormonal Diagnostic Services in Nigeria & West Africa, where he acquired more interest in Medical Laboratory Sciences [MLS].
[In Oct.1994], Thereafter, he enrolled and completed his Post-Graduate Associate Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria [AMLSN), from University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital [UNTH], Enugu State.[1994-1996].
[In Aug 1996], Sequel to his acquisition of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria [MLSCN] Practicing License, he was immediately employed, and became The Technical Manager of Raykon Biomedical Diagnostic Ltd.-[The South-Eastern Branch of Raykon Laboratories, Lagos,- that performed virtually all endocrine associated clinical laboratory requests, from Chemical Pathology Department, of UNTH, Enugu.[1996-1998].
[In 1998], He joined Auspharm Pharmaceutical Nigeria. Ltd- a conglomerate in Pharmaceutical services and became the Medical Laboratory Scientist for Auspharm Medical Laboratories, [at #35 Hospital Road, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State. [1998-2000]. 2
[In 2000]. He opened a flourishing Private Medical Laboratories Services [Centurion-Biomedics] @ Plot 148 Orlu Road, Owerri, Imo State (2000-2004).
[In May 2004], He was employed as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, as one of the foundation staff, at the Department of Microbiology & Parasitology, of Imo State University Teaching Hospital, [IMSUTH], Orlu.
[In June 2004], He initiated and proposed to the IMSUTH Chief Medical Director & Management for “The Establishment of Endocrine Associated Laboratory Diagnosis”, which was approved and implemented, and currently serves as one of the best reference (Standard) Diagnostic Centers, for South-Eastern Nigeria.
[At IMSUTH, 2004-2014]. He started teaching and had his 10years tutorial experience on Standard Operating Procedures [SOP] and Practices, on various Clinical Microbiology and Parasitology tests, Quality Laboratory Management Practice, Diagnosis of common and Endemic Parasitic and Bacterial Infections, CD4-Cell Counts analysis and interpretations, and other Medical Laboratory Science investigations, delivered to IMSU-Medical laboratory Students / Medical Students / Nursing Students / and other Industrial Trainee-Students, from several Institutions.
[In May 2014]. He was employed as an Assistant Lecturer, in the Department of Biology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, [FUTO]
[On 30th June 2014], In line with the vision of “Driving the Culture of Excellence” by the 7th Substantive Vice Chancellor [Prof. F. C. Eze] of FUTO, He proposed through his Head of Department and The Dean, to The Vice-Chancellor on “The Establishment of PCR Technology-a Molecular-based Diagnostic-Research Technique”, part of which, culminated in his being appointed by [Prof. J.N. Ogbulie ]-The Dean, as a Member of the committee for “The Establishment of a New Biotechnology Center, in FUTO.
[In August 2017].He was Promoted to Lecturer [II]. In all, he has taught for 14years [10years at IMSUTH and 4years at Biology Department of FUTO,
[At Biology Dept], He has taught 22 undergraduate courses and supervised over 15 undergraduate students in their Project and Seminar research works.
He was appointed [in March 2016], a Member Biology Department Accreditation Committee on Office Accommodation and Logistics and also a Member Biology Department ICT-[e-Library] Unit.[2016-Date]. He is the Class Adviser to [2014/2015] Session Biology Department Students
His Skills include: Elisa techniques for Hormonal Assay, Molecular Characterization of Parasitic and Bacteria Pathogens[Multiplex-PCR Assay for Soil Transmitted Helminthes [STH], Sexual Transmitted Infections [STI], Reproductive Tract Infections [RTI]; End-Point-PCR & Real-Time PCR Technology, Protein / DNA / RNA-Gel Electrophoresis, GeneXpert MTB / RIF [for Tuberculosis], Molecular-Based Microbial Source Tracking [MST] Techniques [for environmental and water-based-pathogens], CD4-Cell Count Analysis [by Flow Cytometer], Disease Mapping Techniques [via GIS, REMO and RAPLOA]. 3
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: DATE
- PhD Public Health Parasitology [in View]
- MSc Public Health Parasitology 
- Post-Graduate-[AMLSN] Associate Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria 
- BSc Parasitology and Entomology 
- FSCL First School Leaving Certificate 
RESEARCH AREA AND INTEREST:
Public Health Parasitology& Entomology, Medical Microbiology, Epidemiology, Molecular Epidemiology, Molecular Diagnostics, PCR-Technology,
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED/ACADEMIC SOCIETY:
- *Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist Of Nigeria [AMLSN],
- *Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria,[PPSN],
- *International Society of Infectious Diseases [ISID],
- *Association For The Promotion of Solar Energy For Domestic And Industrial Use[APSEDIU].
- *Nigerian Society of Microbiology [NSM].
ACADEMIC/SCHOLASTIC ACTIVITIES/POSITIONS HELD:
- [In February 2018]. He was appointed External Technical Consultant to African Bioscience LTD-an emerging conglomerate in Sub-Saharan African-focused in Molecular-Based Diagnosis, Diagnostics, Training and Research Services, [Eg DNA-Analysis, Forensic Services, Gene-Sequencing, etc]
- [In November 2013]. He was appointed Member Local organizing committee LOC [Logistics], on Continuous Development Workshop CPD, organized by Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist Of Nigeria, AMLSN-Orlu-Zone, with Theme: Implementing Quality Management Systems, in Nigeria- Prospects & Challenges (Nov. 2013)
- [In December 2005]. He was appointed Chairman, Local Organizing Committee, LOC, for the 1st Public Lecture Series on “National Blood Transfusion Services, in South-Eastern Nigeria”, organized by Welfare Unit of Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist Of Nigeria, AMLSN-Orlu-Zone. 4
- Nnadozie, R.IA., Anolue, F.C., Eberendu, G.I., Anyanwu, C.N., Ukaji.D.C &. Ajugwo.A.O. . Haematological Changes in under Five Children Suffering from Diarrhoea in Elele Community. International Journal of Public Health Research. 2,(3): 25-28.
- Nnadozie, R.I.A., Adikaibe, E.A.B., Onukogu, E.O., Esomonu, C.U & Nwabueze, E.U.. Prevalence and Severity of Malaria Parasitemia among Children Requiring Emergency Blood Transfusion in a Tertiary Hospital in Imo State, Nigeria. Annals of Medical and Health Sciences Research, 4(4):619-623.
- Onyenwe, E., Nnadozie, R. I. A., Okoro, C. I.& Onwunali J.C..Delineation of Simulium damnosum Complex Composition in an Onchocerciasis Focus (Agba Village-Ebonyi State) with Reference to Forest and Savannah Types, Using Morphological Characteristics. International Journal of Applied Science and Mathematical Theory. 3(2):19-29
- Onyenwe, E, Nnadozie, R.I.A., Ibedugha, B.N and Ozoemena, T.C.. Habitat fragmentation in Nigeria: A cryptic but devastating phenomenon that requires urgent attention. International Journal of Fauna and Biological Studies. 4(6): 40-43
- Odikamnoro, O.O., Ikeh, I.M., Okoh, F.N., Ebiriekwe., S.C., Nnadozie. I.A., Nkwuda, J.O. & Asobie, G.C. . The incidence of Malaria/Typhoid Co-Infection Among Adult Population In Unwana Community, Afikpo North Local Government Area, Ebonyi State, Southeastern, Nigeria. African Journal of Infectious Disease. 12 (1): 33-38.
- Odikamnoro, O.O., Ikeh, I.M., Uhuo, C.A., Okoh, F.N., Ebiriekwe, S.C.& Nnadozie, I.A. . Prevalence and management practices of malaria in a rural community of Ebonyi State, Southeast Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences.11 (1): 61-65.
- Ezeigbo, O. R., Nnadozie, R.I.A., Asuoha-Chuks, N., Ojiako, V.U., Awurum, I.N. & Ugochukwu, M. G. . The incidence of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Among Pregnant Women Attending Antenatal Clinics at Some Selected Hospitals in Aba, Southeastern Nigeria. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol.App.Sci. 5(1): 193-199.
- Mgbemena, I. C., Ebe, T., Nnadozie, I. A. & Iloanya, U. C. . Bacteriological & Parasitological Assessment Of Fresh Meat Marketed In Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences (IOSR- JPBS).10(4):2319 – 7676.
- Mgbemena, I. C., Ebe T., Nnadozie, I. A & Ekeanyanwu, K. K.  “Repellent Activities Of The Methanolic Leaf Extracts Of Moringa Oleifera And Stachytarpheta Indica Against Aedes Aegypti Mosquito”. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences (IOSR-JPBS).10.(4), 77-81
- Mgbemena, I.C., Azuwike, C. O., Nnadozie, I. A. & Ezea, C. O..Epidemiology of Gastrointestinal Parasites among School-aged Children in Imo State, South Eastern Nigeria. Elixir Biosciences 84:34013 – 34018
- Mgbemena, I. C., Ezea, C. O., Azuwike, C. O. & Nnadozie, I. A. . The prophylactic potential of lemongrass and neem, as antimalarial-agents.Elixir –Biosciences.84:34019-34022. 5
- Nwokeji, M., Nkem, B., Egejuru, R., Uzoechi, S., Ogoamaka, I. & Nnadozie, R.I.A. . Cryptosporidiosis Among Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Tuberculosis (HIV-TB) Co-Infected Adult Patients Attending a Specialist Hospital in Imo State, South Eastern Nigeria.” International Journal of Preventive Medicine Research. 1: ( 4): 238-241.
- Ezeigbo, O.R., Anolue, F.C. and Nnadozie, I.A. . Vaginal Candidiasis Infection among Pregnant women in Aba, Abia State. Nigeria. British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research .9 (3): 1-6,
- Ezeigbo, O.R., Ekaiko, M.U., Agomo, N.G., Ojukwu, K.& Nnadozie. I.A. . Antimicrobial Effect of Lime Juice Treatment on the Shelf-Life of Zobo Drink. British Microbiology Research Journal. 6(3): 147-153.
- Ajugwo, A.O., Ukaji, D.C., Adinuba, C.O., Nnadozie, I.A., Onukogu, O.E. & Uzoma-Esemonu, F.C. . Iron Profile Studies of a Group of Healthy University Students. American Journal of Biology and Life Sciences..2 (2): 33-36.