Dr. A. C. Udebuani
- Academic Staff
Dr. I. O. Onyeocha
Dr. N. Ukwandu
Miss N. U. Chikezie
- Other Schools
- Our Resources
Dr A. C. Udebuani hails from Okpuno Umuenem, Otolo Nnewi Local Government Area of Anambra State, Nigeria. She obtained her Bachelor of Science degree (BSc. Honors in Zoology) from Ambrose Alli University (then Edo State University) in Ekpoma, Edo State, Nigeria. Master’s degree (MSc, in Environmental Toxicology and Molecular Biology), from University of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy degrees (MSc. and PhD. in Environmental Health Biology) from the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. She was employed as an assistant lecturer in 2005. Ever since her employment, her professional career has witnessed a good number of elevations, from assistant lecturer to senior lecturer (2014).
She has taught, supervised many research work of undergraduate and graduate students in Biotechnology Department. She has also identified some toxicological impacts of pollutants such as; crude oil, pesticides, heavy metals and endocrine disrupting compounds in organisms in the different environmental compartments. Her study on “bioremediation of spent engine oil polluted soils of the mechanic village” depicts the impact of emerging pollutant as spent engine oil in the environment, and how locally available animal dung could serve as cheap bioremediation and augmentation materials, for the hydrocarbon polluted agricultural soil of Southeastern Nigeria.
Dr. Angela Udebuani has authored many books in her field of study and her research works /papers have been published in reputable scientific journals. She was married to Late Dr E. N. Udebuani and the marriage was blessed with six children.
- ♦ Sc. (Hons) Zoology Ambrose Ali University Ekpoma Edo State Nigeria, 1993.
- ♦ Sc. Environmental Health Biology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, 2002.
- ♦ Environmental Health Biology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, 2011.
- ♦ Sc. Molecular Biology /Biochemistry, University of Nigeria, 2013.
- ♦ Member, Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC), 2005.
- ♦ Member, Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry African Region, 2013.
- ♦ Member, Organization of Women Scientist in the Developing World (OWSD), 2007.
- ♦ Member, Biotechnology Society of Nigeria (BSN), 2008
- ♦ Member, Research for Life Community, 2010.
- ♦ Member, Global Science Committee (GSC), 2015
- ♦ West African Society of Toxicology (WASOT)
- ♦ Associate member Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Based in Hatfields, London (2016)
- ♦ Registered Environmental Health Officer of Nigeria (Sanitarian)(2015)
- Environmental Toxicology
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Safety
- ♦ Member School of Biological Sciences Board of Studies Federal University of Technology Owerri (2015-Date)
- ♦ Member Department of Biotechnology Board of Studies Federal University of Technology Owerri (2005-Date)
- ♦ Member, Department of Biotechnology Postgraduate Board, Federal University of Technology Owerri (2012 - Date)
- ♦ Member School of Biological Science Research Committee
- ♦ Chairman, Department of Biotechnology Research committee; (2015/2016)
- ♦ Biotechnology Coordinator, Center for Human Resources and Development (CHRD), Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria, 2016.
- ♦ Research affiliate Institute of Environmental Health and the Environmental Justice Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria.
- ♦ Academic adviser (Undergraduate), Department of Biotechnology (2007-2012)
- ♦ Academic adviser (Undergraduate), Department of Biotechnology (2017 – till Date)
- ♦ Testing Methods and Evaluation of Endocrine Activity (2015).
- ♦ Statistical methods in ecotoxicology using R project, (2014).
- ♦ Food and Environmental Safety assessment of genetically modified animals, (2011).
- ♦ E-Resource national leadership course on the training of trainers, (2010).
- ♦ Genetics and molecular biology approach to disease control and environmental pollution management in Nigeria, (2009).
- ♦ Molecular markers and their applications in tropical agriculture for breeders, Agronomists, pathologists, biotechnologists, microbiologist etc. (2008).
- ♦ Introduction to Bio programming (Perl, HTML, and CGI) (2008).
- ♦ Insilico modelling and docking analysis (2008).
- ♦ Molecular biology and biotechnology techniques in animal research, (2005).
- A carbon neutral Award (2012); University of Ghana, Legon Accra Ghana.
International travel, lodging and daily expenses grant awarded by Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) Europe to enable me to attend the 23rd Annual meeting of Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) from 2nd – 6th May 2013 in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
International travel, lodging and daily expenses grant awarded by Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) African Region to enable me to attend the 7th biannual Conference of Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) African Region. from 6 – 8th October 2015 in Langebaan, South Africa.
Grant of one million, one hundred and fifty thousand naira (₦1,150,000.00) awarded by the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) of the Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria, to enable me to attend the 35th annual meeting of Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, North America. From 9 – 13th, November 2014 at Vancouver Canada.
- Udebuani A. C., Otitoju O., Abara P. N., Eze E C. and Duru M C (2017), Cytotoxicological Response of Zea mays to crude oil: The ecological effects of exposure to contaminants. International Journal of Biochemistry Research & Review 16(3): 1-9
Otitoju O., Udebuani A. C., Ebulue M. M and Onwurah I. N. (2017) Enzyme-based assay for toxicological evaluation of soil ecosystem polluted with spent engine oil. Journal of Agriculture and Ecology Research International 11(3) 1-13.
Ezeji E. U. Onwurah I. N. E. and Udebuani A. C (2016) DNA-Based assay for pesticides in the environment. International Journal of Sciences. Accepted for publication but still in press.
Udebuani A.C. Otitoju O. Onweremadu E. U Abara P N and Alaekwe C. K (2016). Climate Change impact and carbon sequestration of agricultural soil around automobile service centre in Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 11(1): 14 – 18.
Udebuani A C., Ofoma A. O., Otitoju O Abara P. N Ezejiofor T. N and Chukwuma M C (2016) Cytotoxic and genotoxic impacts of pharmaceutical effluent from KP Pharmaceutical industry, Nigeria Science. Accepted to be published in Sciencedomain international Vol 15 Issue 4. Available in Article in Press of the Journal: http://sciencedomain.org/journal/16/articles-press.
Udebuani A. C., Obasi K. O. Ezeji E. U. Okereke J. N. Anyado S. O. Dike Ndudim J N and Enekwu E. C (2015) Effects of anthropogenic activities on soil carbon storage and compactness in a coastal plain soil of the tropical urban area. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 6(11): 1436 – 1448
Udebuani A. C., Abara P N. Obasi K O, and Okuh S U. (2015), Studies on the insecticidal properties of Chromoleana odorata (Asteraceae) against adult stage of Periplanata americana, Journal of Entomology and Zoology studies 46(1): 1-5
Udebuani A. C. Onweremadu E. U. and Allison-Onyechere L U (2013) Distribution of soil organisms in spent engine oil contaminated soils of Owerri agricultural zone Imo State. Journal of Biodiversity and Biological Sciences 3(1): 15 – 1
Udebuani, A C. Okoli, C.I. Nwigwe, H C and Ozoh P.T.E. (2012) The value of animal manure in the enhancement of bioremediation processes in petroleum hydrocarbon contaminated agricultural soils. Journal of Agricultural Technology, 8(6): 1935 - 1952.
Udebuani A. C., Ugochukwu I. T. and Abara P. N. (2011) Glyphosate Exposure: Its toxicological effects on Giant African Snail Archachatina marginata. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development. 14 (1): 436 – 442
Udebuani A. C., Okoli G. C., Okoli I C Nwigwe H. C. and Ozoh P. T. E (2011) Assessment of the volume and disposal methods of spent engine oil generated in Nekede mechanic village, Owerri Nigeria. Report and Opinion 3(2): 31 – 36. ISSN: (1553 – 9873) http://www.Sciencepub.net/report.
Nwaogu L. A and Udebuani A. C. (2010) Effects of processing on the nutritional and toxicological component of Cleome rutidosperma African Journal of Biotechnology, 9(2): 183 – 186.
Abara P. N. and Udebuani A. C (2010) Effect of Oral administration of laundry detergent on selected internal organs of albino wistar rats; International Journal of Environmental Health & Human Development, 11(2): 27 - 33
Iheanacho K. M. E. and Udebuani A. C (2009) Nutritional composition of some leafy Vegetable consumed in Imo State Nigerian Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management 13(3): 35 – 38.