Ethelbert Uchechukwu Ezeji
PhD in Environmental Biotechnology
Dr E.U. Ezeji is a senior lecturer in the Department of Biotechnology. He specialized in Environmental Biotechnology and Toxicology. He obtained his B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Biochemistry from the University of Nigeria Nsukka, a Master of Science degree in Biotechnology from FUTO and a PhD in Environmental Biochemistry from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He has attended several workshops and training in practical biotechnology and molecular biology. His research interests include Bioremediation of polluted ecosystem using different microorganisms, the use of biomarkers in the evaluation of environmental contaminants, Environmental genetic toxicology, and Genotoxicity of Industrial and household pesticides. Dr Ezeji is a member of several professional associations including Biotechnology Society of Nigeria (BSN), Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB) and Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC). He has presented a number of scientific papers in both local and international conferences.
- Bioremediation of polluted ecosystem using different microorganisms.
- The use of biomarkers in the evaluation of environmental contaminants.
- Environmental genetic toxicology.
- Genotoxicity of Industrial and household pesticides.
- Ethelbert U. Ezeji, Ikechukwu N.E. Onwurah and Angela C. Udebuani (2016). DNA based assay for pesticides in the environment, International Journal of Sciences 5(7): 28-33.
- Ethelbert Uchehukwu Ezeji, Dominica Ogueri, Angela Chika Udebuani, Josephath N. Okereke, and Kalu O. Obasi (2015). Effect of Dichlorvos on the fertility of adult male albino rats. Nature and Science, 13(12): 1-5.
- E.U. Ezeji, T.E. Ogbulie, I.N.E. Onwurah and C.O. Ujowundu (2014). Effects of Dichlorvos on Reduced Glutathione, Glutathione S-transferase and Lipid peroxidation of Egg-laying Hens. International Journal of Chemical and Biological Sciences 1(1): 46-49.
- Ethelbert U. Ezeji, Ernest A. Anyalogbu, Tobias N. Ezejiofor, Justina U. Udensi (2012). Determination of Reduced Glutathione and Glutathione S-transferase of Poultry birds exposed to Permethrin Insecticide. American Journal of Biochemistry 2(3): 21-24.
- Ethelbert U. Ezeji, Ernest A. Anyalogbu and Christopher M. Duru (2011). Use of biochemical biomarkers in the ecological risk assessment of Permethrin pesticide exposure. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences 3(1): 014-017.
- E.U. Ezeji, O. Obidoa, I.G. Kalu and I.N. Nwachukwu (2009). Effect of gari diet on marker enzymes of mice liver mitochondria. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 8(4): 414-418
- Uchechukwu E. Ezeji, Sylvia O. Anyadoh and Vincent I. Ibekwe (2007). Clean up of crude oil contaminated soil. Terrestrial and Aquatic Environmental Toxicology, 1(2): 54-59
- E.U. Ezeji, B.N. Anyanwu, G.O.C. Onyeze and V.I. Ibekwe (2006). Studies on the utilization of hydrocarbon by microorganisms isolated from oil-contaminated soil. International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences 1(2): 122-128.