Dr Christian C. Opurum
- B.Sc. Microbiology, University of Port-Harcourt (1991).
- M.Sc. Industrial Microbiology, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (1999).
- PhD Environmental Microbiology, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (2014).
- Highly keen in Bioenergy production from organic materials; anaerobic digestion and Biogas technologies.
- Waste management; Conversion of wastes to wealth.
- Microbial Hunting- Hunting for Microbes with unique and novel genes for the production of biomolecules of significance.
- Ongoing Researches are on fermentative production of Biomolecular Compounds of Industrial and Environmental significance such as Enzymes, Biosurfactants, Biogas etc. using low-cost Renewable/sustainable and unconventional substrates.
Teaching and Professional Experience:
- Microbiologist, Feron- Jon Pharmacuetical Industries Ltd – 1992-1994.
- Quality Control Manager, Encristo Pharmacuetical Industries Ltd – 1994 – 1996.
- Quality Control Manager, Helt Humania Pharmacuetical Industries Ltd – 1996 – 2006.
- Lecturer II, Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State – 2006 – 2009.
- Assistant Lecturer, Federal University of Tech. Oweri – 2009 -2012
- Lecturer II, Federal University of Tech. Oweri – 2012-15
- Lecturer I, Federal University of Tech., Owerri – 2015 – 2018.
- Senior Lecturer, Federal University of Tech., Owerri – 2018 – Date.
Membership of Professional Bodies.
- Member, Nigeria Society for Microbiology (NSM).
- Member, Foundation for African Development through International Biotechnology (FADIB).
- Member, American Society for Microbiology (ASM).
- Opurum, C.C, Nweke, C.O., Nwanyanwu, C.E. and Orji, J.C. (2017). Biogas Production from Fish Pond Effluent Supplemented with Cow Blood Meal in a Batch Anaerobic Digester System. Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS. 3, (1), 166-
- Opurum C.C., Nwanyanwu, C.E., Nwaneri, C. B. and Mbachu, I.A. C. (2017). Biosurfactant Production by Pseudomonas species using Pre-treated Palm Oil Mill Effluent as Fermentation Medium. Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS). 3(2), 149 – 160.
- Nwanyanwu, C.E., Opurum, C.C. and Okorondu, S. I.(2017). Influence of Carbon and Nitrogen Sources on Biosurfactant Production by Crude Oil-Degrading Bacillus Species RS12. Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS) 3(1), 176 – 186.
- Nweke C.O., Opurum C.C. and Mbagwu C.L Mbachu I.A.C (2017). Toxicity of quaternary mixtures of metals to aquatic microbial community. International Research Journal of Environmental Sciences. 6(3), 30-37.
- Nwanyanwu, C. E., Ibegbulam, C.O. and Opurum, C.C. (2017). Effect of Culture Condition on Lipase Production by Bacillus species Isolated from Palm Oil Mill Effluent Polluted Soil. Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS). 3(2), 103 – 112.
- Nwanyanwu, C.E., Opurum, C.C. and Nweke, C.O. (2016).Crude Oil Biodegradation Potential of Bacterial Strains Isolated from Mangrove Ecosystem. Futo Journal Series (FUTOJNLS). 2(I), 244 – 254.
- Opurum, C.C, Nweke, C.O., Nwanyanwu, C. E. and Nwachukwu, M.I. (2015). Kinetic Study on Biogas Production from Fish Pond Effluent Co-digested with Cow dung in a Batch Bioreactor system. International Research Journal of Environmental Sciences.4 (12), 1-7.
- Nwakile,C.D., Uduma, E. O., Okechi, O.C., Opurum, C.C., and Nwanyanwu, C.E. (2011).Microbial and Physicochemical Qualities of Selected Co-trimoxazole and Metronidazole Formulations in South Eastern Nigerian. Journal of Advanced Pharmacy Education & Research 2: 81- 89 ISSN 2249-3379.
- Osonwa, U. E., Agboke A.A., Amadi, R.C., Okorie, O., and Opurum, C. C. (2011). Bioequivalence studies on some selected brands of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride tablets in the Nigerian market with ciproflox® as innovator brand. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 01 (06); 80-84.
- Agboke, A.A., Uduma, E.O., Opurum, C. C., and Ibezim, E.C. (2011). Evaluation of Microbiological Quality of some Soybean Milk Products consumed in Nigeria Prime Research in Medicine (PROME).1(2), 025-030.