Nnenna Nelly Onyemekara
Am honored to recount my experience for the past few years In FUTO. Since my arrival, i have had ample opportunities to meet and interact not only with staff but also students from different backgrounds. My interest in Microbiology sparked off through watching documentaries. I was fascinated with microbes, their existence, and ability to cause so much harm to their host but above all the possibility of harnessing them for use in medicine, agriculture and industry. Microbiology is a vast subject that many researchers have delved into yet there is still a lot to be learnt about. I have been involved in carrying out the practical (Laboratory) aspect of Microbiology. Demonstrating how microbes impact on human health, establish and multiply in the host body and evolve into diseases -pathogenesis. ‘I want to directly influence my Students’ interest in the Microbial world’
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- ♦ B.Sc., Imo State University Owerri, Imo State.
- ♦ M.SC., Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State (In View).
Membership of Professional bodies
- ♦ Member,Nigerian Society for Microbiology, NSM.
- ♦ Member,American Society for Microbiology, ASM.
- ♦ Member,Society for Applied Microbiology, sfam.
- ♦ Member,Science Association of Nigeria, SAN.
- ♦ Member,Renewable and Alternative Energy of Nigeria,RAEN.
- ♦ Member,Third World Organization for Women in Science, TWOWS.
- The Microbiology and Proximate Assay of A Novel Weaning Food-‘DUPAP’. JOURNAL OF MICROBIOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY, 2:2. (In Press).
- A Prospective Study of the Concurrent Occurrence of Three Borne Viral Pathogens among Pregnant Women Attending Ante – Natal Care, At Federal Medical Centre, Owerri. Journal of Public health and Epidemiology (in press).