Mr Okechukwu I. Oguoma
Okechukwu Igwe Oguoma is a lecturer with Department of Microbiology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. He holds a Master’s of Science degree in Medical Microbiology/ Virology as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Microbiology both from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka in Anambra State, Nigeria. He is an active member of several professional bodies which includes Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM) and the Foundation for African Development through International Biotechnology (FADIB), etc.
He has written and published several research works including articles in scientific journals in areas of Medical Microbiology, Virology, Food Microbiology, and Applied Microbiology. He has also attended several conferences in his area of study. He has teaching and professional experiences.
- BSc (Applied Microbiology) Nnamdi Azikiwe University,Awka,Anambra State 1998.
- MSc (Medical Microbiology/Virology), Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State 2006
- PhD., In -View
- Medical Microbiology
- Food and Industrial Microbiology
- Applied Microbiology
Position & Responsibilities:
- Lecturer, Department of Microbiology, School of Science, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- Secretary, School of Biological Sciences Examination Malpractice Committee.
Membership of Professional Association
- Member, American Society For Microbiology(MASM)
- Member, Nigerian Society For Microbiology(MNSM)
- Member, Foundation For African Development through International Biotechnology (MFADIB)
- G. Ezeifeka, P. Nwiyi, U. Effiong, I. Ukwueni, I. Erumaka, A.Onyeabor, I. O. Oguoma and N.Amaechi.(2017). In-vivo study of Antiviral Effect of Gossypium hirsutum Extracts on Newcastle Disease Virus. Journal of Advances in Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.Vol 14(2):1-8
- G.Ezeifeka, P.Nwiyi, C. Azuonye, I. Erumaka, A.Onyeabor, I. O. Oguoma and I. Ukwueni. (2017). In-vivo Studies of Antiviral Effect of Tetrapleura tetraptera Extract on Newcastle Disease Virus.Journal of Advances in Microbiology.Vol 4(3):1-8.
- Ezeifeka, G.O., Oguoma, O.I., Bassey, J.J., Nwiyi, O.P., Erumaka, I.G., Ukweni, I.A., Onyeabor, A., (2017). In-vitro Antiviral Activity of Gossypium hirsutum on Newcastle Disease Virus. International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering and Technology.Vol 4(5);pp 336-341
- Adeleye, S.A., Oguoma, O.I., Braide, W., and Egbadon, E.O.,(2016). Phytochemistry and Antimicrobial Properties of 2:1 and 1:2 Ethanol-Methanol Extracts of Tetrapleura tetraptera.American Journal of Current Microbiology.vol 4(1); pp 17-25.
- Ogueri Nwaiwu, Vincent I.Ibekwe, Ekperechi. S.Amadi, Angela C. Udebuani, Ferdinand C. Nwanebu, Okechukwu I. Oguoma and Justin C. Nnokwe., (2016).Evaluation of Fermentation Products of Palm Wine Yeasts and Role of Sacoglottis gabonensis Supplement on Products Abundance. Beverages.vol 2(2) 9.
- Oguoma,O.I.,Adeleye,S.A.,Ezeifeka,G.O.,Braide,W.,Nwiyi,P.,andEgbadon,E.O.,(2015). Antimicrobial Property, Phytochemistry and Nutritional Profiles of Gossypium hirsutum.International Journal of Information Research and Review.vol. 2(11).pp. 1315-1320
- Nwiyi, Paul O., Soyoola Mobolalen, and Oguoma, Igwe O.,(2015).Detection of Virulence Genes in Salmonella Isolated from Chicken and Chicken Waste Water.Global Advanced Research Journal of Microbiology.vol.4(11).Pp125-129.
- Oguoma,O.I,Ezeifeka,G.O,Adeleye,S.A,Oranusi,S.,Amadi,E.S.,(2015). Antimicrobial activity, Proximate and Amino acids analysis of Tetrapleurtetraptera. Nigerian Journal 0f Microbiology.Vol. (27).2709-2718.
- Amadi E.N, Njoku O.O, Okereke C.N, Ndubuisi J.L, Oguoma O.I,(2014). Pharmacological use of Ocimum gratissimum in peptic ulcer Diseases (pud) treatment. International Journal of Engineering and Science Research. Vol-4(6).450-455
- Amadi E.N, Njoku O.O, Okereke C.N, Ndubuisi J.L, Oguoma O.I.(2014).Anti-acute inflammatory effect of Buchholzia coriaceae. International Journal of Engineering & Science Research. Vol-4(6).456-465.
- Amadi, E. S, Oguoma, O.I., Ibekwe, V.I. Abanobi, S.E., Chikwendu, C.I, and Egbadon, O.E, (2013). Prevalence and the effect of plant extracts on community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Research in Biology. Vol 3(4) 967-976.
- Oranusi, S., Braide W., Oguoma O.I. (2013). Antifungal Properties of Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) Isolated from Ricinus communis, Pentaclethra macrophylla and Yoghurt. Global advanced research jour of food science and technology. 2(1): 1-6.
- Oranusi, S.U., Oguoma O.I, Agusi E. (2013). Microbiological quality assessment of foods sold in STD’s cafeterias. Global Research jour of Microbiology 3(1): 1-7.
- Oguoma, O.I., Ezeifeka, G.O. Egbuonu, A.V., Mbata, T.I. and Amadi, E.S. (2012). Effect of oral and intra-rectal Infectious bursal disease vaccination on immune response against Newcastle Disease in chicks. New York Science Journal; 5(4).
- Braide, W., Oranusi, S., Nwaoguikpe, R.N. Akobondu, C., Oguoma, O.I. (2011). Cocoyam (Colocasia esculenta): An alternative raw material for vinegar production. Current topics in biotech. Vol. 6, 41-47.
- Braide, W., Oranusi, S., Udegbunam, L.I. Oguoma, O.I, Akobondu, C., and Nwaoguoguike, R.N., (2011). Microbiology quality of an edible caterpillar of an emperor moth, Bunaea alcinoe. Journal of ecology and the natural environment. VOL. 3 (3).
- Oranusi S., Madu, S.A., Braide, W., and Oguoma, O.I., (2011). Investigation on the safety and probiotic potentials of yoghurts sold in Owerri metropolis in Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of microbiology and antimicrobials. Vol. 3 (6), 146-152.
Paper presented and published in conference Book of Abstract/CD-ROM:
- Amadi, E.S., Oguoma, O.I., Ibekwe, V.I., Abanobi, S.E., Egbadon, O.E and Ikpeawujo, H.I. (2011). Prevalence of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. 35th Annual conference of the Nigerian society for Microbiology (NSM), 9th-13th October, BUK 2011, pp 9.
- Amadi, E.S., Oguoma, O.I., Ibekwe, V.I., Abanobi, S.E., and Chikata, N.A (2011). Prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility of coagulase negative Staphylococci isolated from Eziobodo community inhabitants. 19th Annual conference of the foundation for African development through international biotechnology. (FADIB); 9th-10th November, IMT, 2011. Pp.7
- Amadi, E.S., Oladimeji, S.A., Ononiwu, C.E., Aballa, N., Omale., J.J. Aneke, F.A., Oguoma, O.I, and Udoye, A. (2010). Prevalence of Multidrug-Resistant Staphylococci among patients and the work environment of a dental institution and the effect of local plants. 34th Annual conference of the Nigerian society for Microbiology (NSM) 18th-22nd October, FUTO 2010, pp. 156.
- Oguoma, O.I., Ukoha, C.C., Ezifeke, G.O., and Amadi, E.S. (2010). Effect of adjuvants on intramuscularly vaccinated broilers against Newcastle Disease virus. 34th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM), 18th-22nd October, FUTO 2010, pp. 146.