Head of Department & Senior Lecturer
Department of Architecture
School of Environmental Technology,
Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
2013 – PhD – Architecture | Abia State University, Uturu
1994 – M.Sc – Architecture | University of Nigeria, Nsukka
1991 – B.Sc(Hons) – Architecture | University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Environmental and Behavioral Impacts
- Nwankwo, S. I, Nwankwo, C. V. & Okafor, M. U. (2015): An Investigation of Incessant Building Collapse in Selected Cities of Nigeria.The International Journal of the Constructed Environment 6( 2), pp.17-39
- Nwankwo, S. I., Diogu, J. O. & Nwankwo, C. V. (2015): Consumer Participation in Public Housing Design and Development: A Panacea for Post-occupancy Modification of Residential Buildings in Owerri, Nigeria. The International Journal of the Constructed Environment 5(2), pp.17-44
- Nwankwo, S. I., Onyegiri, I. & Odim, O. (2016): Customization in Public Housing Design and Development in Owerri, South-Eastern Nigeria: An Antidote to Consumer Dissatisfaction. Journal of the Nigerian Institute of Architects, J-NIAABSC 1(1):1-27
- Nwankwo, S. I.&, Kalu, K. & Odim O. (2016): Pre-Design Geophysical and Geotechnical Studies of Project Sites in Uyo South-South Nigeria: A Panacea for Building Collapse. Journal of the Nigerian Institute of Architects, J-NIAABSC 1(1):pp.81-92
- Nwankwo S.I., Diogu J.O. & Nwankwo C.V. (2014): Post-Occupancy Evaluation of Operational Factors as Veritable Tools for Improving Public Residential Buildings in South-Eastern Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Scientific and Technical Research 4(1), pp. 451-470
- Nwankwo, S.I., Diogu, J.O. & Nwankwo, C.V (2014): Post-Occupancy Evaluation of Modification of Residential Buildings for Effective and Efficient Mass Housing Delivery: Case Study of Owerri Urban, South-Eastern Nigeria. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications 4(2) pp. 5-26
- Nwankwo, S. I. (2017): The Deterioration of Building Material Finishes in South-Eastern Nigeria: Ensuring Sustainable Architectural Design Journal of the Nigerian Institute of Architects Enugu State Chapter 7 (1) pp.7-27
- Iwuagwu, B. U. & Nwankwo, S. I. (2018): Increasing housing affordability in Aba metropolis: a panacea for the healthy living environment. Journal of Building Pathology and Rehabilitation 5 pp.1-9.
- Nwankwo, S. I. (2016): Performance Appraisal of Parapet Building Style in Tropical Climate of South-Eastern Nigeria: Ensuring Environmentally Sensitive Design. Journal of the Nigerian Institute of Architects Enugu State Chapter 6(2) pp.65-86
- Nwankwo, S. I., Okonkwo, M. M. & Iwuagwu, B. U. (2017): Assessment of Nature and Extent of Post- Occupancy Modification of Public Buildings in Trans-Egbu Housing Estate Owerri Nigeria. Journal of the Nigerian Institute of Architects Enugu State Chapter 7(2) pp.73-86
ACADEMIC AWARDS FROM UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA
 Arc. O.O. Balogun Annual prize to the best designer in a studio I [Second-year B.Sc. class] for the session 1988/89
 Nigerian Institute of Architects Annual prize to the best all-round third-year student in the Department of Architecture for the session 1989/90
 Arc. O.O. Balogun Annual prize to the best designer in studio II [Third Year B.Sc. Class] for the session 1989/90
 Mass Design and Associate prize to the best all-around student in B.Sc Design Examination for the session 1990/91.
 Arc. O.O Balogun Annual prize to the best designer in studio III [Final year B.Sc. Class for the session 1990/91]
 Nigerian Institute of Architects prize to the best all-round fifth-year student in Architecture for the session 1991/92
 Award of academic excellence and recognition from Amalato-Ukwu Autonomous Community Eziama Nneato Umunneochi Abia State, 2013
 Award of academic excellence and recognition from Industrial Administration of Nigeria, 2013
 Award of excellence and for an outstanding service unto God in recognition of sacrificial giving in support of soul winning in 2012 by the Assemblies of God Church Ikenegbu Owerri, Imo State.
 Certificate of honour in recognition of efforts and unquantifiable contributions in finance and soul winning during 2014 October Enlargement Campaign by the Assemblies of God Church Ikenegbu Owerri, Imo State.
 Award of honour as a man of worth in defending the Christian faith by the women of worth, Okigwe District Assemblies of God Nigeria.
- Member – Association of Architecture Educators in Nigeria [AARCHES]
- Member – Nigerian Institute of Architects with registration number M2331
- Member -Architects Registration Council of Nigeria [ARCON] with registration number F2269