Dr Kelvin Chuks Okolie
Education / Training
- 2009-2011 – PhD – Construction Management – Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- 1996-1998 – M.Sc – Construction Management – University of Lagos, Akoka Lagos Nigeria
- 1987-1991 – B.Sc – Building – Anambra State University of Science and Technology
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT, FACILITY MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
List up to 10 of your peer-reviewed publications related to the proposed Center
- Iroegbu, A. N; Okolie, K.C; Wogu, C.L; and Iheme, C.C. (2008). The Relevance of the National Building Code to the Built Environment. Multi-Disciplinary Journal of Research Development. Journal of the National Association for Research Development; Benue State University Makurdi. 11 (1); 40-44 (google scholar).
- Iroegbu, A. N; Okolie, K.C; Wogu, C.L; and Iheme, C.C. (2009). The Constraints of Insufficient Manpower to Execute the National Building Code: A Critical Analysis. The Nigerian Academic Forum, Journal of the National Association of the Academics Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka. 16 (1); 132-137 (GooglScholar
- Okoye, C.O; Ahiadu, H.O; and Okolie, K.C. (2009). Household Solid Waste Disposal in Public Housing Estates in Awka, Anambra State Nigeria. LWATI: International Journal of Contemporary Research. University of Swaziland. 6 (2); 385-392. [Online]. Available From: ajol.info/index.php/lwati/issue/view/6487 . ISSN: 1813-2227 (google scholar; Ajol).
- Okolie, K. C and Shakantu, W. M. (2012). Educational Building Performance Evaluation Practices and Perceptions: A Case of Federal Universities in South East Nigeria. Journal of Construction Project Management and Innovation (JCPMI) 2 (2):314–330, 2012.ISSN:2223-7852[Online]. Available from www.journals.co.za/ej/ejour_jcpmi.html. (google scholar)
- Adedeji, A. C and Okolie, K. C. (2012). Evaluation of Workplace Psychoanalytic Dynamics and Impediments to Staff Participation in Lean Implementation: A Case of South African Automotive Companies. Greener Journal of Business and Management Studies. 3 (2), pp. 067-077. ISSN: 2276-7827 [Online]. Available from http://www.gjournals.org. (google scholar)
- Okolie, C and Adedeji, C. Y. (2013). Analysis of Building Performance Evaluation and Value Management as Tools in Building Facilities Management. Civil and Environmental Research; Journal of the International Institute for Science, Technology and Education (IISTE).Vol.3, No.1, pp1-8. (2013). ISSN: 2222-2863. [Online]. Available from www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/CER. (google scholar)
- Okolie, K.C. (2006): Design, Buildability and Quality Control Variables in Total Performance of Buildings; Multidisciplinary Journal of Empirical Research; Journal of the Association of Nigerian Academic Researchers Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma. 3 (2): 43 – 48.
- Okolie, K.C; Emoh, F. I; and Ogunoh, P.E (2011). Educational Facilities Management: Adopting Benchmarking Best Practice. The Estate Surveyor and Valuer; Journal of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers 35 (1): 114-121.
- Okolie, K.C; Uzoigwe, C.C. and Adedeji, C. (2012). Appraisal of the Management and Design Performance of Educational Building Facilities of Nigerian Universities: A Case study of Selected Universities in South -East Nigeria. Journal of the School of Environmental Design and Technology Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri. Vol. 1 (3). ISBN: 978-978-51636-0-5.
- Okolie, Kevin C., Ezeokoli, Fidelis and Ugochukwu, Stanley C (2017). Addressing the Building Collapse Problem in Nigeria: Exploring the Builder’s Potentials, the Builders’ Liability Insurance Option and the Health and Safety Management Plan. Environmental Review. 6 (1): 71-82
- Awarded the best overall graduate in the Department of Architecture and Building (Building Option) at the former Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH) now ESUT Enugu – 1991
- Awarded the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Postgraduate Scholarship (PhD) Scheme – 2009
- Member, Nigerian Institute Of Building (MNIOB)
- Member, Institute of Construction Industrial Arbitrators (MICIARB)