Building Technology Department
Education / Training
- 2009 – M. Sc – STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING – UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER, UK
- 2005 – B.Eng. – CHEMICAL ENGINEERING FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OWERRI
- 2004 – B.Sc – BUILDING – IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI
Structures and Fire Engineering
- Onwuegbuchulem, U., Ufuah E.C (2017), “Component-based modelling of the catenary behaviour of joints in precast structures”, J. Ecolab MEA Enterprise and innovation resources, 50(3), 213-215
- Onwuegbuchulem U.C. (2009): Effectiveness of Tie connections in the control of Progressive collapse in precast concrete structures. The University of Manchester, School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering, Master’s Thesis 138:1, Manchester.
- Onwuegbuchulem U.C., (2005): Study of UV and biological degradation of Polyethylene. The Federal University of Technology, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Master’s Thesis 101:1, Owerri
- Onwuegbuchulem U.C., (2004): Study of Fire protection and risk assessment of Buildings in Nigeria: A case study approach. Imo State University, Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Sciences, Bachelors’ Thesis 104:1, Owerri
- Distinguished and dedicated students’ award – Best Graduating Pioneer Student – Department of Building, Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria (2004 graduating set).
- FES Dean’s Award – Best graduating student, Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Sciences, Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria (2004 graduating set).
- Member, Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), UK.
- Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Associate Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member, Institute of Fire Engineers, IFE, UK.
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Building (NIOB).