Dr Dike Henry Ogbuagu
Department of Environmental Technology,
Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria
- 2014 – PhD – Hydrobiology from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- 1999 – M.Sc. – Ecology & Environmental Biology from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- 1997 – B.Sc. – Zoology from the University of Uyo, Nigeria
- Ecotoxicology; with emphasis on the testing of emerging misused substances in local environments on aquatic and terrestrial biotic models for possible toxicological effects/disruptions/damages at the genetic/cellular/physiological levels
- Biomonitoring and Assessments of Environmental Quality
- Ogbuagu, DH and Ayoade, AA. 2012. Presence and levels of common polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in staple foods of Nigerians. Food and Public Health, 2(1): 50-54.
- Ogbuagu, DH and Iwuchukwu, EI. 2014. Evaluation of the Toxicity of three hair Shampoos on the Catfish (Clarias gariepinus) fingerlings. Applied Ecology and Environmental Sciences, 2(3): 86-89.
- Ogbuagu, DH; Adebayo, ET; Ayoade, AA; Ugwu, OB and Mba, DO. 2015. Lead accumulation in and its haematological effects on African catfish Clarias gariepinus. African Journal of Aquatic Science, 40(2): 201-204.
- Ogbuagu, DH and Oritsematosan, EJ. 2016. Inductions of CaC2 on sperm morphology and viability of the albino mice (Mus musculus). International Journal of Biological, Biomolecular, Agricultural, Food and Biotechnological Engineering, 10(4): 182-186.
- Esinulo, AC; Kelle, IA and Ogbuagu, DH. 2016. Bioaccumulation of Zn in muscle and brain tissues of the African Catfish—Clarias gariepinus. Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, 4: 12-20.
- Ogbuagu, DH; Ujowundu, CO and Izunobi, LC. 2016. Calcium carbide-induced haematological alterations in the albino mice- Mus musculus. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 10(10 Ver. I): 100-104.
- Nwaogu, C., Ogbuagu, DH, Abrakasa, S., Olawoyin, M.A. and Pavlu, V. 2017. Assessment of the impacts of municipal solid waste dumps on soils and plants. Chemistry and Ecology, 33(7): 589-606.
- Ujowundu, CO; Koloseke, DM; Uba, NO; Achilike, JJ; Ogbuagu, DH and Ubuoh, EA. 2017. Ecotoxicological impact of sub-lethal concentrations of glyphosate-based herbicide on juvenile Clarias gariepinus. Journal of Advances in Medicine and Medical Research, 22(11): 1-14.
- Ujowundu, C.O; Igwe, C.U; Alisi, C.S; Nwaogu, L.A; Ogbuagu, D.H and Onwuliri, V.A. 2017. Detoxification potentials of an alcoholic bitter on carbon tetrachloride-induced oxidative damage in Wistar albino rats. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 11(31): 368-376.
- Ogbuagu, DH; Nwachukwu, IN; Nwazuluahu, AC; Kalakiya, NP. 2017. Haematological and hepatotoxic inductions of a geophagic substance (Calabash chalk) on the albino rat (Rattus norvegicus). Journal of Environmental Toxicology and Public Health, 2: 14-26.
Best Graduating Student, Department of Zoology, University of Uyo (1996/97 Academic Session)
- Member, International Research and Development Network, Nigeria.
- Member, Zoological Society of Nigeria (ZSN), Nigeria
- Member, International Society for Development and Sustainability (ISDS), Japan
- Member, Nigeria Environmental Society (NES), Nigeria