Mrs Kanayo Lucy Oguzie
Environmental Technology Department
School of Environmental Technology
- Sept 2013 – PhD (In View) – Environmental Chemistry – Imo State University Owerri, Imo State
- February 2011 – M.Sc – Pollution Control – Federal University of Technology Owerri Imo State
- May 2005 – B.tech – Industrial Chemistry – Federal University of Technology Owerri Imo State
- Green Chemistry – development of non-toxic chemicals from plant biomass
- Pollution control for metal and coating applications;
- Pollution & climate change
- Biosorption & Bioremediation;
- Water purification techniques;
- Probing the interface between chemistry and atmospheric science;
- Environmental Electrochemistry, Renew Energy
1. E.E. Oguzie, K.L. Iyeh, A.I. Onuchukwu (2006) Inhibition of mild steel corrosion in acidic media by aqueous extracts from Garcinia kola seed. Bulletin of Electrochemistry, Vol. 22 Issue 2, pp. 63 – 68. (CERCI, India)
2. E.E. Oguzie, C.E. Ogukwe, J.N. Ogbulie, F.C. Nwanebu, C.B. Adindu, I.O. Udeze, K.L. Oguzie, F.C. Eze, (2012) Broad spectrum corrosion inhibition: Corrosion and microbial (SRB) growth inhibiting effects of Piper guineense extract. Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 47, pp. 3592-3601. (Springer, Germany)
3. Chidiebere, M.A., Ogukwe, C.E., Oguzie, K.L., Eneh, C.N. and Oguzie, E.E. (2012) Corrosion inhibition and adsorption behaviour of Punica granatum extract on mild steel in acidic environments: Experimental and theoretical studies. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol. 51 (2), pp 668–677. (ACS, USA).
4. E.E. Oguzie, Z.O. Iheabunike, K.L. Oguzie, C.E. Ogukwe, M.A. Chidiebere, C.K. Enenebeaku, C.O Akalezi, (2012) Corrosion inhibiting effect of Aframomum Melegueta extracts and adsorption characteristics of the active constituents on mild steel in acidic media. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, Vol. 34 (4), pp. 516-527. (Taylor & Francis, USA).
5. E.E. Oguzie, C.B. Adindu, C.E. Ogukwe, M.A. Chidiebere, C.K. Enenebeaku, K.L. Oguzie, (2012) Natural Products for Materials Protection: Mechanism of Corrosion Inhibition of mild steel by acid extracts of Piper guineense. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Vol. 116 (25), pp 13603–13615 (ACS, USA).
6. C.E. Ogukwe, C.O. Akalezi, M. A. Chidiebere, K.L. Oguzie, Z.O. Iheabunike, E.E. Oguzie (2013) Corrosion inhibition and adsorption of Anthocleista djalonesis leaf extract on the acid corrosion of mild steel. Portugaliae Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 30(3), pp. 189 – 202.
7. D.I. Njoku, M.A. Chidiebere, K.L. Oguzie, C.E. Ogukwe, Emeka E. Oguzie (2013) Corrosion inhibition of mild steel in hydrochloric acid solution by the leaf extract of Nicotiana tabacum. Advances in Materials and Corrosion, Vol. 1, pp. 54-60.
8. EE Oguzie, ZO Iheabunike, KL Oguzie, CE Ogukwe, MA Chidiebere (2013)Corrosion inhibiting effect of Aframomum melegueta extracts and adsorption characteristics of the active constituents on mild steel in acidic media. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 34 (4), pp 516-527
9. EE Oguzie, MA Chidiebere, KL Oguzie, CB Adindu, H Momoh-Yahaya (2014) Biomass Extracts for Materials Protection: Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in Acidic Media by Terminalia chebula Extracts. Chemical Engineering Communications 201 (6), pp 790-803
10. Maduabuchi A. Chidiebere, LebeNnanna, Adindu, C. Blessing, Oguzie, Kanayo, Okolue, Belonwu, Onyeachu, Benedict, Oguzie, Emeka (2016) Inhibition of acid corrosion of mild steel using Delonix regia leaves extract. International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, 69, pp. 74-86.
- Hands-On Research in Complex Systems School, ICTP, Trieste, Italy, July 18 -29 2016.
- CAS-TWAS CEWE Water Quality and Sanitation Training Program, Beijing, China. Sept 3 – Nov29 2017
- Member, Chemical Society of Nigeria
- Member, Nigeria Environmental Society
- Member, Organization of Women in Science for Developing World (OWSD)