Dr Amaka Chinweude Ogwueleka
Quantity Surveying Department
- September 2015 – PhD – Quantity Surveying – University of Pretoria
- September 2016 – Pg.C – Construction Law and Arbitration – Robert Gordon University
- March 2007 – M.Sc. – Quantity Surveying – Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- December 2001 – B.Sc. – Quantity Surveying – Enugu State University of Science and Technology
Construction law, psychcon, incentive mechanisms, risk management, and green BIM.
Peer-reviewed publications which you have authored/co-authored (h-index)
32 publications (including 16 offshore and 16 local publications)
- Ogwueleka, A.C. and Udoudoh, F. (2018).The impact of risk and reward dynamics in incentive compensation plans in the Nigerian construction industry, International Journal of Construction Management, ISSN: 1562-3599 (print), 2331-2327 (online), vol. 18, issue 3, pp. 247-259, United Kingdom: Taylor & Francis.
- Ogwueleka, A.C and Ogbonna, S.N. (2018). Effect of positive organisational behaviour (POB) characteristics on construction employees’ turnover in Uyo city of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. African Journal of Science, Innovation and Development, ISSN: 2042-1338 (print), 2042-1346 (online), vol. 10, issue 2, pp. 159-168, United Kingdom: Taylor & Francis.
- Ogwueleka, A.C. and Ikediashi, D.I. (2017). The future of BIM technologies in Africa: prospects and challenges, In: Integrated Building Information Modelling, Edited by Peng Wu, Haijiang Li and Xiangyu, Wang, pp. 307-314, United Arab Emirates: Bentham Science Publishers.
- Ogwueleka, A.C. and Maritz, M.J. (2016). Modeling for incentive payoffs in the Nigerian construction industry, Journal of Engineering Design and Technology, ISSN: 1726-0531, vol. 14, issue 3, pp. 543-562, United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing.
- Ikediashi, D.I. and Ogwueleka, A.C. (2016). Assessing the use of ICT systems and their impact on construction project performance in the Nigerian construction industry, Journal of Engineering Design and Technology,ISSN: 1726-0531, vol. 14, issue 2, pp. 252-276, United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing.
- Ogwueleka, A. C. and Maritz, M. J. (2014). Incentive issues in the South African construction industry: preliminary findings from project stakeholders, Acta Structilia, 21(1), ISSN 1023-0564, South Africa: University of the Free State.
- Ogwueleka, A. C. and Mendie, E. I. (2014). Evaluation of safety and quality in construction projects- a study of Ibom Tropicana construction projects, Journal of Construction Project Management and Innovation, 4(1), pp. 826-843, ISSN 2223-7852, South Africa: University of Johannesburg.
- Ogwueleka, A. C. (2013). A review of quality and safety issues in the construction industry, KICEM Journal of Construction Engineering and Project Management, 3(3), pp. 42 – 48, ISSN 2233 – 9582, Korea: Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management.
- Maritz, M. J. and Ogwueleka, A. C. (2012). Construction employees’ perspectives on workforce motivational drivers in Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, Journal of Construction, 5(2), pp. 2 – 7, ISSN 1994 – 7402, South Africa: Association of Schools of Construction of Southern Africa (ASOCSA).
- Ogwueleka, A. C. (2011). The critical success factors influencing project performance in Nigeria, International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, 6(5), pp.343 – 349, ISSN: 1750-9653 (print), ISSN: 1750-9661 (online), United Kingdom: World Academic Press.
- Ogwueleka, A. C. (2010). Stochastic dominance in projects, International Journal of Project Organization and Management, 2(2), pp. 208 – 217, ISSN: 1740-2891 (print), ISSN: 1740- 2905 (online), United Kingdom: Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.
- Best paper award for EPPM 2014, 5th International Conference on Engineering, Project and Production Management, 26-28th November 2014, held at Port Elisabeth, South Africa.
- TETFUND Foreign Scholarship Award for PhD (2013-2015).
- Dean MERIT postgraduate award at the University of Pretoria.
- Department of Research and Innovation Support research funding at the University of Pretoria.
- Award as a Resource person, The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveying (NIQS) at the 3-Day Workshop/Annual General Meeting on Building Information Modelling (BIM): the concept, applications, and benefits in project development, Port Harcourt, November 8-10th 2016
- Award as a Resource person, The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveying (NIQS) at the 27th Biennial Conference & General Meeting on Developing the Economy for Sustainable Growth- the Construction Industry as an effective Stimulant, Abuja, Tuesday 14th – Saturday 18th November 2017.
- Registered Member, Quantity Surveying Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN).
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS).