Dr Rex Asibuodu Ugulu
Quantity Surveying Department
School of Environmental Technology,
Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Dr Rex Asibuodu Ugulu is the Ag. HOD for Quantity Surveying Department, School of Environmental Sciences at Federal University of Technology, Owerri-Nigeria which he joined in 2012. Prior to that, he worked in Academia and industry at various capacities; lecturer at Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro and Quantity Surveyor at Bouygues Construction Nigerian Limited. He holds a PhD degree in Construction Economics and Management from the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. He finished his Master of Science degree in Construction Management from Imo State University. Ugulu holds a Bachelor of Science (Honour) degree in Quantity Surveying from Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Nigeria. He is a member of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, a registered Quantity Surveyor and a member Association of Project Management South Africa. He is a recipient of Golden Key International Honor Society for academic excellence as validated by the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa for outstanding research performance.
- June 6th, 2017 – PhD – Quantity Surveying – University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- May 11th, 2011 – M.Sc – Construction Management Imo State University, Owerri.
- December 19th, 2001 – B.Sc (Honours) – Quantity Surveying Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu
- Construction Project Optimization.
- Construction Works Estimating and analysis of price.
- Procurement system.
- R. A. Ugulu (2017) Investigating the Role of On-site Learning in the Optimisation of Craft Gang’s Productivity in the Construction Industry. PhD Thesis. University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg URI: https://hdl.handle.net/10539/24037wiredspace.wits.ac.za
- Rex Asibuodu Ugulu, Stephen Allen, (2018) “Using the learning curve theory in the investigation of on-site craft gangs’ blockwork construction productivity”. Built Environment Project and Asset Management, https://doi.org/10.1108/BEPAM-09-2017-0067
- Ugulu, R.A. and Allen, S. (2017) ‘’Dataset on Investigating the role of onsite learning in the optimisation of craft gang’s productivity in the construction industry’’. DIB available at Science Direct http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dib.2017.09.073
- Ugulu, R. A., Makhotso, M., Mahlatse, R., Morongoa S.& Allen, S. (2016) ‘’The Influence of Motivation on Labour Productivity on Building Construction Projects in South Africa’’. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. pp. 1066-1073.
- Ugulu, R. &Akpokodje, O.I. (2014) ‘’Chemical and Mechanical Properties of Oil Palm Shell in the Design and Construction of a Precast Concrete Bench’’. Journal of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, pp. 32-40.
- Ugulu R. A. &Ikwuogu A. O. (2011) ‘’Critical Success Factors for Differential Final Cost of Construction Project in Nigeria: The Consultants View Point’’. International Journal of Architecture and Built Environment, pp. volume 3, No. 1. Page 18-25.
- Ugulu R. A. &OnyegbuM.N. (2011). ‘’Investigating the Severity Impact of Impediments affecting Construction Project Final Cost in Nigeria: The Contractors Perspectives’’. Journal of Science and Technology Research, volume 10, No. 2. Page 141-148.
- Ugulu R. A. &Ikwuogu A. O. (2011). ‘’Construction Productivity Measurement and Utilization: A Case Study of the Dualization of Ughelli-Asaba Road, Delta State, Nigeria’’. International Journal of Geography and Regional Planning, volume 3, No., page 104-109.
- Ugulu R. A. (2008) ‘’Evaluation of Quality Control Methods in the Nigeria Construction Industries’’, International Journal of Environmental Science, pp. 55-60.
- Ugulu R. & Allen S. (2015) ‘’Investigating the Factors that Influence Construction Productivity- A Review of the Literature’’. Book of Proceedings of the 12th International Post-Graduate Research Conference (IPGRC). University Salford, Manchester Uk School of the Built Environment, pp. 682-692.
- Golden Key International Honor Society Award of Excellence validated by University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg 2018.
- TETFUND Scholarship Award 2014.
- Association of Project Management South Africa
- Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria
- Golden Key International Honor Society