Department of Surveying and Geoinformatics,
Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
Education / Training
- 2004 – Post Doctorate – Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System – Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel.
- 1997 – PhD – Geodesy and Geoinformatics – University of Stuttgart, Germany.
- 1988 – MSc – Geodesy and Geodynamics – University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System, Geodesy, Navigation
1) Okeke, F. I. and F. Krumm (1998): “Graph, Graph Spectrum and Partitioning Algorithm in a Geodetic Network Structural Analysis and Adjustment”, Bollettino di Geodesia e Scienz Affini, 25, pp 54 –67, April 1998
2) Okeke, F. I. (2005): “Application of InSAR Techniques for Topographic Mapping and Earth Surface Deformation Monitoring for Nigeria”, Nigerian Journal of Space Research”, Volume 1, No.1 pp 175 – 199, November 2005.
3) Okeke, F. and A. Karnieli (2006): “Methods for fuzzy classification and accuracy assessment of historical aerial photographs for vegetation change analyses. Part I: Algorithm development”, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume 27, Number 1, pp. 153-176, 10 Jan 2006.
4) Okeke, F and F. Karnieli (2006): “Linear mixture model approach for selecting fuzzy exponent value in fuzzy c-means algorithm”, Ecological Informatics, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 117-124, January 2006.
5) Okeke, F. and A. Karnieli (2006): “Methods for fuzzy classification and accuracy assessment of historical aerial photographs for vegetation change analyses. Part II: Practical application”, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume 27, Number 9-10, pp. 1825- 1838, May 2006.
6) Okeke, F. I. and U. C. Nkwunonwo (2007): “Production of Digital Soil Map \ Database for Nigeria”, Nigerian Journal of Space Research, Volume 4, pp 37 – 48, December 2007.
7) Okeke, F. I. and S. O. Mohammed (2007): “Early Warning for Food security for Nigeria using NigeriaSat-1 and other Satellite Images: Applicable Tools and Techniques”, Nigerian Journal of Space Research, Volume 4, pp 91 – 126, December 2007.
8) Okeke, F I. and Ndukwe E Chiemelu (2015): “Evaluation of Potential Sites for Geothermal and Biomass Resources in a Section of Nigeria using Geospatial Technology”, Proceedings of the 5th Annual Conference of the Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria, RAESON, Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State, Nigeria, 17th – 20th June 2015
9) Akanwa, A.O, Okeke, F.I, Nnodu, V.C and Iortyom, E.T (2017) Quarrying and its Effect on Vegetation Cover for a Sustainable Development Using High-Resolution Satellite Image and GIS. Journal of Environmental Earth Sciences, Springer, Vol, 76, No. 4, Pp 1-12
10) Aniekan Eyoh, Francis Okeke (2017) “Evaluation of the Relationship between Land Use/Land Cover Dynamics and Land Surface Temperature across the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria”, SSRG International Journal of Geoinformatics and Geological Science (SSRG – IJGGS), V4(5),1-12 September to October 2017. ISSN: 2393 – 9206. www.internationaljournalssrg.org/IJGGS/index.html. Published by: Seventh Sense Research Group. Doi 10.14445/23939206/IJGGS-V4I5P101
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarship Award for Doctoral Research Program in Germany (1992 – 1997).
- Post Doctoral Fellowship Award of the David Blaustein Institute of Desert Research, at the Remote Sensing Laboratory of the Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel (2002 – 2004).
- University of Nigeria Vice Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Award, October 2008.
- Fellow Nigerian Institution of Surveyors (FNIS) 2013
- President Nigerian Association of Geodesy (NAG) 2011 to 2017
- Registered Surveyor of the Federal Republic of Nigeria ( No. 710), 1989
- Member Association of America of Geographers (MAAG), 2010
- Member Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria, RAESON, 2015