The prerequisites for admission into the five (5)-year B. Tech. degree programme in Biomedical Technology are as follows:
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Entry Requirements
In addition to the departmentally approved minimum cut-off score in UTME (with combination subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English only), the candidate must have WAEC WASC or SSCE or NECO results with at least credit passes in five (5) relevant subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English, at not more than two (2) sittings in the West African School Certificate or in the Senior Secondary Certificate or National Examination Council examinations.
Direct Entry Requirements
- Joint University Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) requirements as approved by FUTO.
- Advanced General Certificate of Examination (A’ Level) with HSC/GCE/A/Level credit passes in two relevant subjects, with SC/GCE O/Level Credit passes in Mathematics and three other subjects listed above is not more than two sittings.
- First degrees with at least second class lower division in medical science or engineering are eligible for admission as determined by the University Senate.
- Holders of the accredited Ordinary National Diploma (OND) BME certificate at Upper Credit level pass are eligible for admission into the 2nd year (200level) programme of the Department.
- Holders of accredited Higher National Diploma (HND) (electrical and electronics engineering, chemical engineering, and mechanical engineering) at Upper Credit level pass are eligible for direct entry admission
- In addition to fulfilling the requirements stated in above 4.2, the candidates must hold five relevant credit passes in O’ level subjects, including Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English, at not more than two sittings; and met with prevailing JAMB Direct entry requirements.
Applicants should possess a minimum of CGPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale in Biomedical Engineering or Technology from reputable Universities.
N.B: All candidates before any admission must satisfy all the conditions as approved by the National Universities Commission and Senate of the University.