HOD DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- (Public Health Educ.) NAU;
- (Proj. Manag.) TCU; MSc. Sociology (Soc. of Dev.) IMSU;
- Master of Public Health (MPH), UI; BSc. Nursing (Admin.) UI;
- (Proj. Manag.) Nig.;
- (Life-Saving Skills), Nig.; Cert. (Population and Health Promotion) Univ. of Leeds;
- (Rational Drug Use) Ghana;
- Nurse Administrator (RNA) Nig.,
- Midwife (RM) Nig.; Reg. Nurse (RN), Nig.
- Fellow of the West African College of Nursing (Faculty: Admin., Manag. & Educ,)
Dr Ibe is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Public Health, School of Health Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria.
She coordinates the Continuing Education Programme, the Post-Graduate Practicum and Chairs the Research Team of the Department. Major research interest areas include; Maternal and Child Health, Sexual and Reproductive Health/Rights including HIV and AIDS (special interest in the reproductive health of young people), Nutrition, Gender and Development, Communicable and Non-communicable Diseases, Public Health Administration and Environmental Health. She has many academic and professional publications/works to her credit.
She has years of experience in the health sector and NGO administration; project management including World Bank and European Union projects; and consults for both local and international (governmental and non-governmental) health and development agencies. Dr Ibe has been honoured severally internationally and locally with awards of excellence and selfless service. She is an International Ambassador for Peace, Justice of Peace and also a recipient of African Peace Award. Her numerous contributions to community development earned her conferment of different chieftaincy titles. She is a member of many international and national academic/professional, religious and social organisations.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. Nursing) 1985.
- Master of Science (M.Sc. Sociology of Development) 2011.
- Master of Public Health (MPH) 1992.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD Public Health ) In View.
- Registered Nurse (RN) 1980
- Registered Midwife (RM) 1982
- Registered Nurse Administrator (RNA) 1985
- Certificate (Population and Health Promotion) 1995.
- Cert. (Life Saving Skills) 1999
- Ibe, S.N.O., Morakiyo, O.M., Shebbs, G.A. (2011). Assessment of Clinical Wastes Management Practices among Private Hospitals in Aba Nigeria. African Journal of Medical Sciences (accepted).
- Ibe, S.N.O., Ebirim, C.I.C. (2011). Study of Knowledge and Attitude of Road Transport Workers to HIV and AIDS, STIs and Condom Use in a Nigerian Population. Journal of Health Sciences and Technology (accepted).
- Nwoke, E.A., Chukwuocha, U.M., Ibe, S.N.O., Iwuala, C.C. (2010). Health Seeking Behaviour of Mothers of Children with Presumptive Malaria in Owerri Capital Territory, Imo State Nigeria. Journal of Health Sciences and Technology 1:91 – 95.
- Ibe, S.N.O. (2010). Nutritional and Health Status of Preschool Children from Local Women Entrepreneurial Households in Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area. Journal of Agriculture and Social Research, 10(1): 114 – 121.
- Ibe, S.N.O. (2010). Anthropometric Indices and Energy Intakes of Alcoholic Adolescent Students in Abia State University. Journal of Agriculture and Social Research, 10(2): 24 – 30.
- Nwoke, E.A., Nwankwo, B.O., Chukwuocha, U.M., Ibe,S. (2009). “The Burden of Early Marriage” Knowledge Review 18(1):133 –138, April.
- Nwoke, E.A., Ibe, S. (2009). “An Appraisal of Nursing Informatics” The Nigeria Academic Forum 16(2):17-21, April.
- Asinobi, C.O., Chukwukere, C.F., Ibe, S.N.O. (2007). Nutrition in HIV/AIDS: A Simplified Handbook for Care Providers and People Living with HIV/AIDS. Publication of Community Health and Development Advisory Trust, Owerri: Marce Publishers.
- Ibe, S. (2004). Project Management Committee Training: Participant’s Handbook. Publication of Imo State Project Management Office, European Union MPP6.
- Ibe, S.N.O. (2003). Be Informed About HIV/AIDS: A Handbook for all. Publication of Community Health And Development Advisory Trust, Owerri, Nigeria.
- 2009-Date European Union MPP9/Louis Berger SAS, Germany
- 2008-2009 Imo State Ministry of Health, Deputy Director of Nursing(Administration)Director (2009)
- 2003-2008 European Union MPP6/ Agriconsulting SpA Italy State Project Manager, Imo State
- 2002-2008 Imo State University, Lecturer (Public Health)
- 2000-2003 World Bank Assisted Imo Health System Development Project, Training Officer
- 1999-2003 School of Public Health, Nursing/Community Health Officers, Owerri, Lecturer (Dean Students Affairs 1999-2000)
- 1999-2000 Imo State UNDP 4th Country Program, Rep. Ministry of Health (Social Sector)
- 1993-2003 Director of Programs, Community Health and Development Advisory Trust(COHDAT) Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- 1993-1998 Chief Program OfficerWorld Bank Assisted Imo Health and Population Project (Imo State Population Council)
- 1991 Intern, African Regional Health Education Centre, Department of Preventive and Social Medicine University of Ibadan
- 1986-1990 Nursing Officer, Ministry of Health/General Hospital, Owerri
- 1985-1986 Lecturer (National Assignment) School of Midwifery, Akure, Ondo State
- 1980-1982 Staff Nurse/Midwife Hospitals Management Board of Imo State