Dr Benjamin Osondu Nwankwo
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Sc. (Health Education, Second Class Upper Division), University of Nigeria, Nsukka (1992)
- M.P.H. (Master of Public Health, Health Promotion), University of Ibadan(1998)
- PhD (Public Health Education), Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka(2003).
- Salako, LA, Brieger WR., Umeh RE., Agomo PU Afolabi BM Asa S., Adeneye AK, Nwankwo, B.O. & Akinlade, CO (2001). Treatment of childhood fevers and other illness in three rural Nigeria communities. Journal of Tropical Paediatrics. Aug. Vol. 47; 230-238. © Oxford University Press.
- Nwankwo, B.O. & Brieger, W.R. (2003). Exclusive breastfeeding is undermined by the use of other liquids in rural South Western Nigeria. Journal of Tropical Paediatrics, April Vol. 48, 109 -112. © Oxford University Press.
- Nwankwo, B.O. (2004). Economics of health care delivery. Owerri: Colon Concepts Publishers. ISSN: 978- 37017-0-3 Nwankwo, B.O. (2004). Population dynamics and health impacts, Owerri: Colon Concepts Publishers. ISBN: 978-37017-2-X.
- Amadi, A.N.; Nwankwo, B.O. & Illoh, G.U.P. (2007). The influence of demographic factors and pre-existing health conditions on the epidemiology of pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) among patients attending the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri. International Journal of Environmental Health & Human Development, Vol 8(2):1-15.
- Nwankwo, B.O.; Abanobi, O.C. & Amadi, A.N.(2008). Antecedents to smoking behaviour among male adolescent students in the south-east region, Nigeria. International Journal of Tropical Medicine 3(3): 60-65. ISSN: 1816-3319.
- Nwankwo, B.O. & Nwoke, E.A.(2008). Risky sexual behaviours among adolescents in Owerri Municipal: Predictors of unmet family health needs. African Journal of Reproductive Health, Vo 13l ( 1):141-151.
- Nwankwo, B.O & Okafor, J.O. (2009). The effectiveness of insecticide-treated bed nets (Itns) in malaria prevention among children aged 6 months – 5 years in a rural community in Imo state, Nigeria. International Journal of Tropical Medicine, 4(1); 41-49. ISSN:1816-3319.
- Nwankwo, B. O; Nwoke, E.A & Chukwuocha, U.M (2010). The public health education paradigm approach towards a culture of insecticide bed nets (ITNs) use in rural African communities- A systematic review. Journal of Health Sciences and Technology, Vol.1 (1): 112-127.
- Iloh GUP, Amadi AN, Nwankwo BO & Ugwu VC.(2011). Obesity in adult Nigerians: A study of its pattern and common primary co-morbidities in a rural mission general hospital in Imo state. Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice, 14: 212-8.
- Chairman, Local Organizing Committee (LOC), 6th Annual Conference of the Health Promotion Research Association of Nigeria (HEPRAN) held at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri between 8-11, October 2008.
- Imo State Consultant, HIV/AIDS Epidemiological Response Policy Survey (ERPS) for Imo State- UNDP/NACA/ImoSACA Contract Agreement, 2009-Date.
- Learned Journal Reviewer to over five(5) Reputable Journals
- Participant at a one week conference of the American Public Health Association (APHA), held in Washington DC, USA, 29th October -2nd November 2011. (Paper presented).