DR (MRS) EUNICE ANYALEWECHI NWOKE
Associate Professor of Public Health
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- West African School Certificate. Girls’ Secondary School Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria. 1979.
- Registered Nurse (RN), School of Nursing Aba, Abia State, Nigeria 1982.
- Registered Midwife (RM), School of Midwifery Aboh Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria.
- BSC Nursing (Public Health Option), Second Class Upper Division, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria. February 1994.
- MPH (Master of Public Health) University of Nigeria Nsukka, Nigeria. May 2002.
- D (Public Health Education) Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka. May 10, 2010.
- Communicable and non- communicable diseases
- Public Health and control of endemic diseases
- Maternal and child health
- Reproductive health
- Epidemiology of infectious diseases
- Gender and tropical diseases
- Public Health & climate change
- Human trafficking in Nigeria.
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Lecturer, School of Public Health Nursing, Ministry of Health Owerri, Imo State. 1995-2005.
- Part-time Lecturer, Imo State University Owerri, Nigeria 2003-2007.
- Lecturer, Federal University Technology Owerri, Nigeria 2005- Date.
DR (MRS) EUNICE ANYALEWECHI NWOKE is currently an Associate Professor of Public Health in the Department of Public Health, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria. She held the position of Associate Dean, School of Health Technology and Coordinator, Postgraduate Programme from July 1, 2012- June 30, 2016. She has excellent experience in reproductive health, Gender and tropical diseases as well as the public health impact of climate change and human trafficking. Dr Eunice Nwoke has contributed a lot to maternal and child health, epidemiology and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases. With a strong quantitative and analytical skills in empirical and operational research, policy design and implementation, she has carried out several operational types of research in public health. She has strong and viable national and international collaboration links with the following: Organization of Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD), African Women in Science and Engineering (AWSE), Health Promotion Research Association of Nigeria (HEPRAN) and West African College of Nursing. She has strongly contributed to the academic leadership and growth as well as stimulated superior and excellent research and learning in the University in general and in the field of Public Health in particular. Dr Eunice Nwoke currently has to her credit more than 48 academic and professional publications/works.
- Nwoke, B.E.B; Nwalozie, M.C; Ogbonnaya, C.I; Nwoke, E. A; Nduka, D; & Asinobi, C.O. (1992). Aflatoxin and human diseases.11.Malaria. Medicare Journal. [Nigeria]. 5(9): 7-9.
- Nwoke, BEB; Dozie, INS; Nwoke, E. A. & Anosike, J.C. (2004). Human schistosomiasis and Nigerian environment and climate change. Journal of Biological Research and Biotech.[Nigeria] 2(1): 103-114
- Nwoke, E.A. and Nwagbo, D.E.F. (2005). Pattern and Perception of Onchocerciasis Among Women in Oncho-Endemic Areas of Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of College of Medicine. [Nigeria].10(2):87-93
- Nwoke, BEB; Anosike J.C; Ukaga, C.N; Chukwuocha, U.M; Nwoke, E. A; & Dozie, I.N.S. (2005). The impact of the Nigerian environment and climate change on the epidemiology of malaria. Medipharm Medical Journal [Nigeria] 2(3): 123-132.
- Nwoke, BEB; Nwoke, E; Dozie, I; Iwuagwu, F & Ukaga, C. (2005). Public Health Implications of Migration. Farming & Rural System Economics. Germany: Margraf Publishers, [Germany], 67,103-110.
- Nwoke, B.E.B; Dozie, I.N.S; Nwoke, E. A & Chukwuocha, U.M. (2006). The burden of human onchocerciasis in Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Microbiology, [Nigeria ] 20(3), 1115-1128.
- Nwoke, E. A; Nwagbo, D.E.F & Okafor J.O. (2006). A Review of Public Health Problems of Human Trafficking in Nigeria. Journal of College of Medicine, [Nigeria] 11(1): 21-25.
- Dozie, I.N.S; Onwuliri, C.O.E; Nwoke, B.E.B; Chukwuocha, U.M. & Nwoke, E.A. (2006). Prevalence of Lymphatic Complications due to Onchocerciasis infection in Imo State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology,[Nigeria] 27, 23-28.
- Nwoke, B. E. B. and Nwoke E. A. (2006). Contributions of Occupational Hazards and Environmental Degradation on Emergence and Re-Emergence of Diseases. Proceedings of the 3rd Annual National Conference of the Society for Occupational Safety and Environmental Health (SOSEH) 7-15.
- Nwoke E. A and Nwoke B.E.B. (2007). The practice of Female Genital Mutilation in Modern Societies with special reference to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Transmission. International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, [Nigeria] 3(2), 269-273.
- Nwoke B.E.B; Nwoke E. A; Ukaga C.N; Anosike J.C; Dozie I.N. Ajero, C.M.U. (2007). The impact of changing human environment and climate change on emerging and re-emerging parasitic diseases. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology, 28(2), 135-145.
- Nwoke B.E.B; Nwoke E.A and Dozie I.N.S. (2007). The Socioeconomic Impact of Lyphatic Filariasis in Tropical Countries. The Negro Educational Review, [USA] 58: 1-2.
- Nwoke, BEB and Nwoke, E. A. (2008). The Impact of Climate Change on the Emergence and Re-Emergence of Parasitic Diseases. Farming & Rural Systems Economics. Germany: Margraf Publishers, [Germany] 95, 101-112.
- Nwoke, E.A. (2008). Community Based Nursing in Nigeria: A tool for enhancing professionalism. West African Journal of Nursing, 19(2), 139-144.
- Ajero, C.M; Nwoke, B.E.B; Nwoke, E.A and Ukaga, C.N. (2008). Human Amoebiasis: Distribution and Burden; and the Nigerian Environment. International Science Research Journal, 1(2), 130-134.
- Chukwuocha, U.M; Ukaga, C.N; Dozie I.N.S; Amadi, A. N; Nwankwo, B.O; Ajero, C.M.U; Aguwa, O.C; Abanobi,O.C and Nwoke, E.A. (2008). Food Sanitation: The Knowledge, Attitude and Practices of Food Handlers in Owerri Metropolis of Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Biological and Environmental Sciences, 2, 66-70.
- Nwankwo, B.O; Agwu, A.N; Nwoga, K.S; Chukwuocha, U.M; Nwoke, E.A; Oguejifor, N.C and Odom,U. (2009). Common skin infections among Secondary School Students in Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria: Proxy Predictor of Environmental Hygiene Standards. The Social Sciences, [Pakistan] 4(2), 222-227.
- Nwankwo, B. O and Nwoke, E. A. (2009). Risky Sexual Behaviour among adolescents in Owerri Municipal: Predictors of Family Health Needs. African journal of Reproductive Health, 13(1), 141-151.
- Nwankwo B. O; Obanny A. O; Amadi A. N; Nwoke E. A; Ikegwuoha E; Nwoga K. S and Nwabueze P. O. (2009). Achieving School Safety: A Positive Approach to Health Promotion. The Social Sciences, [Pakistan] 4(4), 382-387.
- Nwoke, B.E.B; Nwoke, E. A and Ukpai, O.M. (2009). Effect of Climate Change on Human Health and some adaptive strategies. Bayero Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, 2 (1), 168-172.
- Nwoke, E. A; Nwankwo, B. O; Chukwuocha, U. M and Ibe, S. N. O. (2009). The Burden of Early Marriage. Knowledge Review, A Multidisciplinary Journal, 18 (1), 133-138.
- Nwoke, E. A and Ibe, N.O. (2009). An appraisal of Nursing Informatics. The Nigerian Academic Forum, 16(2), 17-21.
- Nwoke, E. A; Nwankwo, B. O and Chukwuocha, U. M. (2009). Health Promotion and Malaria Control among Pregnant Women in Owerri Municipal. The Nigerian Academic Forum, 16(1), 164-168.
- Chukwuocha, U. M; Dozie I. N. S; Nwankwo, B. O; Abanobi, O. C; Amadi, A. N and Nwoke, E. A. (2009). The Distribution and Intensity of Malaria in a River Basin in South Eastern Nigeria. African Journal of Biomedical Engineering & Science, 1, 57-64.
- Chukwuocha, U.M; Dozie, I. N; Amadi, A.N; Nwankwo, B.O; Ukaga, C. N; Aguwa,C. N; Abanobi, O.C and Nwoke E. A. (2009).The knowledge, attitude and practices of food handlers in food sanitation in metropolis in South Eastern Nigeria. East Africa Journal of Public Health, [Kenya] 6(3), 240-243.
- Chukwuocha, U.M; Nwoke E.A; Nwawume, I.C; Nworuh, B.O; Iwuala, C.C and Ebirim, C.I.C (2009). Clinical features of malaria parasitaemia among children in parts of the Niger Delta area of Nigeria. Global journal of Medical Sciences, 8(1&2), 35-41.
- Nwankwo, B. O; Nwoke, E. A; Chukwuocha, U. M; Obanny, A. O; Nwoga, K. S; Iwuagwu, U. O and Okereke, C. (2010). Prevalence and Predictors of Anti Social Behaviours: A cross Sectional Survey of Adolescents in Secondary Schools in Owerri Municipal, South EAST Nigeria. Parkinstan Journal of Social Sciences, 7(2), 129-136.
- Chukwuocha, U.M; Dozie, I. N; Amadi, A.N; Nwankwo, B.O; and Nwoke E. A. (2010). Distribution of Plasmodia Species and Common Clinical Symptoms in Malaria in Rural Community in the Middle Imo River Basin of Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Environmental Health, 7(1), 31-37.
- Nwoke, B. E. B; Nwoke, E. A; Ukaga, C. N & Nwachukwu, M.I. (2010). Epidemiological characteristics of Bancroftian Filariasis and the Nigerian Environment. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology, [United Kingdom] 2(6), 113-117 .
- Nwoke, E. A; Nwankwo, B. O; Chukwuocha, U. M. and Nworuh, B.O. (2010). Consumer Health and Health Promotion Informatics. Journal of Health Sciences and Technology, 1, 11-16.
- Nwoke, E. A; Chukwuocha, U. M; Ibe, S.N.O and Iwuala, C.C. (2010). Health Seeking Behaviour of Mothers of Children with Presumptive Malaria in Owerri Capital Territory, Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Health Sciences and Technology, 1, 91-95.
- Nwankwo, B.O; Nwoke, E.A and Chukwuocha, U. M (2010). Public Health Education Paradigm Approach Towards a Culture of Insecticide Treated Bed Nets (ITNS) use in Rural African Communities: A Systematic Review. Journal of Health Sciences and Technology, 1, 112-127.
- Nwoke, B.E.B; Ukaga, C. N; Nwajiuba, C. N; Nwoke E.A and Chukwuocha, U.M. (2011). A Review on Adaptation Strategies to the Impact of Climate Change on Health: A key to achieving Millennium Development Goals. Nigerian journal of Parasitology. 32(1) 143-152.
- Chukwuocha, U.M; Nwankwo, B.O; Amadi, A.N; Abanobi, O. C; Nwoke, E. A; Dozie, I.N; Nwoke, B.E., Ukaga, C.N and Onwuliri, C.O. (2011). Malaria Control in Nigeria: What Role Can Strategic Communication Play? Nigerian Journal of Health Promotion, 4, 84-99.
- Nwoke , E. A; Okafor, J.O; Chukwuocha and Nworuh, B.O. (2011). Socio-demographic correlates of sexual behaviours 1: A cross sectional survey of adolescents in Imo State secondary schools. East African Journal of Public Health, [Kenya] 8(1) 13-16.
- Nworuh, O. B; Morakinyo, O. M; Iwuala, C. C; Nwoke, E. A and Ukomma, S. A (2011). Waste Management Practices in Selected Hotels In Owerri, Nigeria. Journal of Environmental Sciences and Resource Management, 3
- Okechukwu, R.I; Chukwulebe, A.E; Nwoke E.A; Anunobi, R.N and Opara, F.N. (2012). Prevalence of Dermatophytosis in selected sub-Urban Areas of Imo State, Nigeria. International journal of Applied Biotechnology and Biochemistry, 2(2), 161-166.
- Nwoke E. A; Okafor J. O and Nwankwo B. O. (2012). Socio-Demographic Correlates of Sexual Behaviours 11: A Cross Sectional Survey of Adolescents in Imo State Secondary Schools. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology [United Kingdom] 4(4), 88-92.
- Nwoke E. A and Okafor J. O (2012). Socio-Demographic Correlates of Sexual Behaviours 11I: A Cross Sectional Survey of Adolescents in Imo State Secondary Schools. Global Advanced Research Journal of Social Science (GARJSS) 1(6), 113-117.
- Nworuh B. O; Nwoke A; Morakinyo O. M and Nwufo C. R. (2012) The effect of HIV- Related Discrimination on People Living with HIV and AIDS- A Review. Journal of Medical and Applied Biosciences. 4, 13-20.
- Nwoke E. A, Okoro S; Ibe S.N.O; Chukwuocha U. M and Nwufo R. C. (2013). Prevalence and Determinants of Non-Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy among Adult People Living with HIV and AIDS who attend clinic at General Hospital Owerri. [USA] Open Research Journal of HIV & AIDS. 1(1), 1-11.
- Nwoke E. A and Nwoke B.E.B. (2013). Neglected Tropical Diseases need more than Drug. International Journal of Tropical Diseases and disorders, [USA] 1(4), 047-052.
- Nwoke B. E. B; Nwoke E.A and Ukaga C. N. (2013). International Travel and Disease Transmission. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology, 34 (1), 7-14.
- 44. Nwoke B. E. B; Nwoke E.A and Ukaga C. N. (2013). Partnership for Progress In Infectious Diseases Control. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology, 34 (1), 103-112.
- Nwoke E. A and Okafor J. O. (2014). Socio-Demographic Correlates of Sexual Behaviours 1V: A Cross-Sectional Survey of Adolescents in Imo State Secondary Schools. International Journal of Education, Science and Public Policy in Africa (IJESPPA), 4(1), 103-110.
- Nwoke E. A; Ibe S.N.O; Chukwuocha U. M; Nworuh B.O and Ebirim C.I.C. (2014). Home Management of Malaria in Rural communities in Okigwe Zone, Imo state, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Pharmacy, Nursing and Medical Sciences (AJPNMS), 02(01), 24-30.
- Nwoke E. A; Ibe S.N.O; Chukwuocha U. M; Nworuh B.O and Ebirim C.I.C. (2014). Perception and Home Management of Malaria in Rural communities in Imo state, Nigeria. International Journal of Tropical Diseases and Health (IJTHDH), [USA] 4(5), 517-529.
- Nwoke E. A; Ibe S.N.O; Chukwuocha U. M; Nworuh B.O and Ebirim C.I.C. (2014). The Impact of Health Seeking Behaviour, Educational Level and Financial Strength on Home Management of Malaria in Rural communities in Imo state, Nigeria. British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research (BJMMR), 4(15), 2884-2895.
- Nwoke E. A and Ibe S.N.O. (2014). Climate Change Impact on the Health of African Women and Adaptation Strategies. International Journal of Global Warming and Climate Change, 1(1), 015-023.
- Ibe, S.N.O; Nwoke E. A; Emerole C.O; Onyeocha F.A; Nwawume I. C and Nwaokoro J. C (2014). Knowledge, Attitudes and Perception of Road Transport Workers to HIV/AIDS, STIs and Condom use in South East, Nigeria. American journal of Science and Technology, 1(2), 50-54.
- Nwoke B.E.B; Ukaga C. N. and Nwoke E. A. (2014). Women in Science: Historical Perspective. Owerri, Milestone Publishers, 124-161.
- Nworuh, O.B; Nwoke E.A; Nwufo, C; Ibe, S. N; Amadi, C; and Onyeocha, F. A. (2014). Gender Based Stigma Experience by People Living with HIV/AIDS in South Eastern Nigeria: A case Study of People Attending Clinic at the Federal Medical Center, Owerri, Imo State. International Journal of Gender and Development Issues, 1(2), 104-107.
- Nwoke, E. A. (2014). Morbidity Surveys and Surveillance. Health Information system. Abia State, Prestige press and Publishing companies, 58-87
- Ezike, M.N; Nwoke, E. A; Amaechi a.a; Nwoke B. E. B and Ukaga, C. N. (2015) Public Health and Green Economy : In Proceedings of Conference in Honour of Professor Chinedum Uzoma Nwajiuba Held at the oakMamre Library, Umuezeala-Nsu July 19 & 20, 2014. Owerri, Skillmark Media Ltd.
- Ebirim C. I.C; Nwoke E. A; Ibe S. N. O; Amadi C.O.A and Nwufo C. R (2015). Knowledge and Practice of Breast Self Examination among Female Undergraduates in South-Eastern Nigeria. Health, 7, 1134-1141.
- Ibe, S.N.O; Duru L. O; Nwoke E. A. ; Ezeama M.C; Osuala E.O and Chinedu M. C. (2015). Microbial Quality of Ready to Eat Food in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri, Nigeria. International Journal of Bioscience 10(1), 67-74
- Ibe, S.N.O; Obasi, O, Nwoke, E. A, Nworuh, B. O, Amadi, C. O and Nwufo, C. R. (2016). Soci-economic Factors influencing Adoption of Exclusive Breastfeeding Practice by Nursing Mothers in Selected communities in Imo State, Nigeria. British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research 17(3), 1-12.
- Nwoke, E. A; Nwizu J.O; Ibe S.N.O and Nwufo R. C (2016). Awareness of the Health Implications of Unsafe Abortion among Secondary School Adolescents in Ihiagwa Community, Imo State, Nigeria. European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research, 3(6), 98-104.