Dr Obinna .G. Udujih, a Lecturer in the Department of Public Health, Federal University of Technology Owerri, holds a Doctorate Degree in Medical Parasitology and Entomology.
He has contributed a lot to Public Health with his numerous participations in Community Health Awareness campaigns as regards the control of both communicable and non-communicable diseases.
His interests are in Vector and Disease control with respects to Malaria as well as Lymphatic Filariasis and his publications in various journals have contributed to Public Health both National and Internationally.
He is a member of various National bodies including Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria (PPSN), Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM).
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Bachelor of science (B.Sc) in zoology (2000).
- Master of science (m.sc) in medical parasitology and entomology (2004).
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in medical parasitology (2011).
- (2006): UKAGA, C.N., NWOKE, B.E.B., ONYEKA, P.I.K., ANOSIKE, J.C., UDUJIH, O.G., UDUJIH, O.S., OBILOR, R.C. and NWACHUKWU, M.I.: The Use of Herbs In Malaria Treatment In Parts Of Imo State, Nigeria. Tanzania Health Research Bulletin. 8 (3): 183 – 185.
- (2007): UKAGA, C.N., NWOKE, B.E.B., UDUJIH, O.S., UDUJIH, O.G., OHAERI, A.A., ANOSIKE, J.C., UDUJIH, B.U., and NWACHUKWU, M.I.: Placental Malaria in Owerri, Imo State, South-Eastern Nigeria. Tanzania Health Research Bulletin. 9 (3): 180 – 185.
- (2010): CHUKWUOCHA, U.M., DOZIE, I.N.S., ONWULIRI, C.O.E., UKAGA, C.N., NWOKE, B.E.B., NWAOKORO, J.C., UDUJIH, O.G., IWUALA, C.C., OHAJI, E.T., MORAKINYO, O.M. and ADINDU, B.C.: Perceptions on the use of Insecticide Treated Nets In Parts of The Imo River Basin, Nigeria: Implications for Preventing Malaria in Pregnancy. African Journal of Reproductive Health. 14(1):117-128.
- (2011): CHUKWUOCHA, U.M., DOZIE, I.N.S., ASHIEGBU, K.K., ONWULIRIR, C.O.E., AGUWA, O.C., NWOKE, E.A., UDUJIH, O.G., NWOKORO, J.C. and NWAUME, I.C.: Influence On Immunity to Plasmodium falciparum Malaria Among Women In Parts Of The Imo River Basin Nigeria. African Journal of Clinical and Experimental Microbiology. 12(1):26-31.
- (2011): ONYEKA, P.I.K., JEROME, G., ANYASODOR, A.E., OBIUKWU, C.E., UWAEZUOKE, J.C. and UDUJIH, G.O.: The Prevalence of Intestinal Helminths in Onchocerciasis Endemic Areas of Ezinachi Communities in Okigwe L.G.A. of Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Health Sciences and Technology. 1: 47-54.
- (2011): ONYEKA, P.I.K., OZUMBA, N.A., ANYASODOR, A.E., OBIUKWU, C.E., UWAZUOKE, J.C., UDUJIH, O.S., NWABUEZE, E.U. and UDUJIH, G.O.: Prevalence of Recurrent Malaria In HIV Patients. Journal of Health Sciences and Technology.1: 79-84.