B.Sc (Biology), MSC, (UNIPORT), MPH, PhD (Environmental Health Science) ABSU, Reho, Leho
Dr Chinasa Amadi is a lecturer in the Department of Public Health, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. She is a licensed and registered Environmental Health Officer with Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria. She has gained lots of experiences and also contributed knowledge and growth in the fields of Public Health, Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Food Hygiene and Safety, Water Sanitation and hygiene, Health Safety and Environment (HSE), Global Health, Health Care Delivery System, Maternal and Child Health, Reproductive Health including School Health etc.
She has carried out several kinds of research in different areas of Public Health: Environmental Health Epidemiology of Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases, Vector control, Gender and Global Health etc.
Dr Amadi Chinasa is a member to various professional bodies such as Society for Environmental Health, Environmental Health Officers Association of Nigeria (EHOAN), Health Promotion Research Association of Nigeria (HEPRAN), and SEHON. She has in her honour 20 academic and professional publications in local and international journals. Areas of her research interest include Environmental Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Epidemiology of Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases, Maternal and Child Health, Reproductive Health, Gender etc.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- NCE- Agric. Science, 1989, Federal college of Education Pankshin, Plateau State
- B.Sc (Ed) 1999, Biology, University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- M.Sc (Ed) 2006, Science Education. University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- MPH 2009 Public Health, Imo State University, Owerri.
Membership of professional bodies
- Member Science Teacher’s Association of Nigeria (STAN)
- Member Society of Environmental Health of Nigeria (SEHON)
- Member Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria (PPSN)
- Member Environmental Health Officers Registration council (EHORECON)
- Amadi, A.N; Iro, O.K; Obi, R.k and C.O. A. Amadi (2000) Effects of antiretroviral therapy on work productivity of HIV Patients in Abia State, Nigeria; Jnl Of Applied Biosciences;18 pg 976-982
- Amadi, C.O; C. Iwuala and A.N. Amadi (2008): Studies on Diarrhea Morbidity and hygiene habits of Children in Aba and its Environs: Knowledge, Attitude and Perception, Int. Jnl. of Environmental Health and Human Development. Vol 9(2) 26-30.
- Amadi A.N; G. Onuoha. C.O.A. Amadi, and C. Iwuala (2011) Evaluation of School Sanitation in Aba, Abia State Nigeria, Environmental Health and Human Development