Dr Solomon Nwabueze Ukibe
MBBS (NIG), M.Sc, PhD
Ag Head of Department
Rank: Senior Lecturer
Research Interest: Medical Microbiology/Parasitology, Public Health.
Focus: General Pathology, Medical Sociology, Health Systems Administration Basic Orthopaedics.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Emmanuel Ikechukwu Onwubuya, Nkiruka Rose Ukibe, Ofia Anya Kalu, Obiageli Fidelia Emelumadu, Ifeoma Nwamaka Monago, Solomon Nwabueze Ukibe (2018). Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity and Assessment of Lipid Profile and Fasting Blood Glucose level among Premedical students at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi, Nnewi Campus, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research Vol 11(7):481-486.
- Nkiruka Rose Ukibe, Solomon Nwabueze Ukibe, Emmanuel Ikechukwu Onwubuya, Chinedum Charles Onyenekwe, Ifeoma Nwamaka Monago, Obiageli Fidelia Emelumadu, Ifeoma Chinwe Ikegwuonu, Innocent Nwabueze Okonkwo and Joseph Eberendu Ahaneku.(2018).Possible Impact of Variations in some Cytokine Levels during menstrual cycle in Women of Reproductive age infected with Pulmonary Tuberculosis at Nnewi, Nigeria. J Clinical Investigation 8(1):63-74.
- Isaac Paul Emeje, Nkiruka Rose Ukibe, Nwakasi K Nnama, Charles Chinedum Onyenekwe, Solomon Nwabueze Ukibe, Emmanuel Ikechukwu Onwubuya, Obiageli Fidelia Emelumadu, Ifeoma Nwamaka Monago and Friday Alfred Ehiaghe (2018). Prognostic use of Prostate Specific Antigene, Some Renal indices and Uric acid in the diagnosis of Prostate cancer and renal impairment at Urology Clinic Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja . Nigeria. Annual Research and Review in Biology 27(3):1-14.
- Emmanuel Ikechukwu Onwubuya, Nkiruka Rose Ukibe, Offia Anya Kalu, Bonaventure Sunday Agbo, Solomon Nwabuez Ukibe, Ifeoma Nwamaka Monago, and Obiageli Fidelia Emelumadu (2018).Assessment of Effects of Oxidative Stress on some Reproductive Hormones in Male Hypertensive Subjects at NAUTH Nnewi. Journal of Bioanalysis and Biomedicine,10 (2):64-69
- R. Ukibe Nkiruka, N. Ukibe Solomon, C. Onyenekwe Charles, E. Ahaneku Joseph, N.(2017). Prognostic Value of Serum Estrogen, Cortisol, Calcium and Alkaline Phosphatase Activity in Pre and Postmenopausal HIV Women at Nnewi, Nigeria. International Journal of Tropical Disease & Health 21(4): 1-11.
- Nkiruka Rose Ukibe, Solomon Nwabueze Ukibe, Obiageli Fidelia Emelumadu, Charles Chinedum Onyenekwe, Joseph Eberendu Ahaneku, Anthony Osita Igwegbe, Ifeoma Nwamaka Monago, Amobi Linus Ilika. (2017). Impact of Thyroid Function Abnormalities on Reproductive Hormones During Menstrual Cycle in Premenopausal HIV Infected Females at NAUTH, Nnewi, Nigeria. PLoS ONE 12(7): e0176361. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0176361
- Nkiruka Rose Ukibe, Charles Chinedum Onyenekwe, Amara Anulika Anojulu, Solomon Nwabueze Ukibe, Ezema Charles Ikechukwu, Friday Alphred Ehiaghe,Paul Isaac Emeje and Uchechukwu Anthonia Ezugwu (2017) Possible Changes in Maternal Plasma Cortisol, Adrenocorticotropic Hormones, Pregnancy Associated Plasma Protein-a and Alpha-fetoprotein in HIV Infected Women at NAUTH Nnewi, Nigeria. Journal of Bioanalysis and Biomedicine9 (5):250-255 doi10.4172/1948-593x-1000
- R. Ukibe Nkiruka, N. Ukibe Solomon, N. Monago Ifeoma, C. Onyenekwe Charles, E. Ahaneku Joseph, A. Ilika Linus(2017). Possible Impact of Thyroid Dysfunction on Menstrual cycle in HIV/TB Co-infected Females in NAUTH, Nnewi, Nigeria. Journal of Advances in Medicine and Medical Research 22(10): 1-13 Article no.JAMMR.34123
- Chukwubike Udoka Okeke; Solomon Nwabueze Ukibe; Brown Holy; and Ferdinand Ezeiruka (2016). The Preterm effects of Antiretroviral Drugs on Total Lymphocyte cells and CD4 cells in HIV infected Pregnant women. J Blood Disorders and Transfusion Vol7:3
- Ukibe S.N. Ukibe N.R, Mbanugo J.I and Ikeakor L.C (2016). Prevalence of Malaria among Pregnant women attending antenatal Clinics in Hospitals in Anambra State, South-East, Nigeria. Nigeria Journal of Parasitology; 37(2):240-244
- Ukibe Nkiruka, N. Ukibe Solomon, C. Onyenekwe Charles, E. Ahaneku Joseph, C. Chukwuanukwu Rebeca, Martin Ifeanyichukwu, N, Muonago Ifeoma and A. Ilika Linus (2016). Evaluation of Thyroid Hormone changes and CD4+ T-cell count during Menstrual cycle in Pulmonary TB infected Women in Nnewi, Nigeria. British Journalof Medicine and Medical Research;16(8):1-8.
- Assessment of Changes in Sex Hormones, Cortisol and White Blood Cells during Menstrual Cycle in Female Asthmatic Students at NAU, Nnewi, Nigeria (2016). R Ukibe Nkiruka, N Ukibe Solomon, C Onyenekwe Charles, E Ahaneku Joseph and N. Monago Ifeoma. British Journal of Medicine and MedicaL Research 17(12):1-9
- Solomon N Ukibe, Nkiru R Ukibe, Alphonsus C Obiokaro, Jervas Ekezie, Chukwubike U Okeke, Chidinma T Onyeanusi (2016). Epidemiology and Pattern of Limb amputation at a private Hospital in Owerri, Southeast Nigeria. Orient Journal of Medicine; 28(1-2): 17-21.
- Ukibe Solomon N, Ukibe Nkiruka R, Ikeakor Lawrence C, Okpoba Alphonsus N, Obi-Okaro Alphonsus C, Nwankwo Paschal C (2016). Heavy Metals Contamination of Drinking Water in Anambra State, Southeast Nigeria. European Journal of Scientific Research; Vol 139(2): 104-108.
- Iwueze, M.O; Eze, I.C; Onyido, A.E; Okafor, F.C; Enemuo, V.H.A; Nwaorgu, O.C; Ukibe, S.N; and Ugha, C.N (2015). Haematological profile, Prevalence and intensity of Malaria among pregnant women in Awka, Awka South LocL Government Area, Anambra state, Nigeria. Researcher 2015; 7 (7):26-31
- Iwueze, M.O; Nwofor S.C; Okwusogu, M.I; Okafor F.C; Nwaorgu, O.C; Ukibe, S.N and Ugha, C.N (2015). Impact of Long lating insecticide bed-nets as a tool for malaria control in Umuokpu village, Awka South Local Government area, of Anambra state, Nigeria. Stem Cell 2015; 6(1):18-26.
- Nkiru, R. Ukibe, Solomon, N. Ukibe, Obiageli, F. Emelumadu, Charles, C. Onyenekwe, Joseph, E.Ahaneku, Linus, A. Ilika (2015). Cytokine Changes associated with Menstrual Cycle in HIV infected Females at NAUTH, Nnewi, South-east, Nigeria. Europian Scientific Journal 11(15):233-245
- Nkiruka Rose Ukibe, Solomon Nwabueze Ukibe, Charles ChinedumOnyenekwe, Joseph Eberendu Ahaneku, Anthony OkwyIgwegbe, Ifeanyichukwu Ositadinma Martin, Rebecca C Chukwuanukwu. (2015). Evaluation of Zinc and Copper and Immunological Implication in Menstrual Cycle of HIV Infected Females in Nnewi, Nigeria. Advances in Life Science and Technology.Vol 31:9-16.
- Ukibe S.N, Ikeako L.C, Mbanugo J.I, Obi-Okaro A.C, Eneanya C.I, Ukibe N.R, and Abor N.A.(2015). Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes Associated with Malaria and Typhoid co-infection in pregnant women attending antenatal clinics in Anambra State, Southeastern Nigeria. Am Int J Contemp Sci Res. Vol 2(2): 1-8
- N Ukibe, T.N Ugorji, L.C Ikeako, A.C. Obi-Okaro, N.R Ukibe, J. Ekezie, C.U Okeke, and E.A. Alagwu. (2015). Epidemiology and Pattern of Osteoarthritis at Ogbaku, Imo State University Teaching Hospital annexe, Mbaitoli Local Government Area, Imo State, Southeast Nigeria. British J Med Med Res; Vol 7(10):827-832.
- N Ukibe Solomon, I Mbanugo James, N Obi-Okaro Alphonsus, and R Ukibe Nkiruka (2015). A Review of Host Parasite Relationships. Annual Research and Reviews in Biology Vol 5(5):372-384
- Iwueze M.O, Okwusogu M.I, Onyido A.E, Okafor F.C, Nwaorgu O.C, and Ukibe S.N(2014). Prevalence, Intensity and Clinical Profile of Malaria among Pregnant women attending antenatal clinics in Onitsha North Local Government Area, Anambra State, Southern Nigeria. The Bioscientist Vol 2 (1):17-29
- Iwueze, M.O., Ezeanyanwu, L.N. Okafor, F.C. Nwaorgu, O.C. and Ukibe, S.N (2014) Prevalence of Trichomonas vaginalis Infection among Women attending Hospitals/Health Centres in Onitsha Community, Onitsha North Local Government Area of Anambra State, Nigeria. The Bioscientist Vol 2(1): 54-64
- Ukibe S.N, Ikeako L.C, Mbanugo J.I, Obi-Okaro A.C, Eneanya C.I, Ukibe N.R (2014). Prevalence of Low birth weight (LBW) babies in malaria-infected pregnant women attending antenatal clinics in hospitals in Anambra State, south eastern Nigeria. Health Science Research 1(1):8-11
- Ukibe S.N, Ikeako L.C, Mbanugo J.I, Ukibe N.R, Obi-Okaro A.C (2014).Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices of Pregnant Women concerning the Use of Insecticide Treated bed nets (ITNs) in Anambra State, South –East Nigeria. J Adv Med Sci U.K; Vol 3, No 1:15-22
- NR Ukibe, CC Onyenekwe, JE Ahaneku, SN Ukibe, SC Meludu, O Emeludu, CO Ifeadike, A Ilika, MO Ifeanyichukwu, AO Igwegbe, and O Nnadozie (2014). Evaluation of Hormonal Changes in the Menstrual cycle of Women infected with Pulmonary tuberculosis in Nnewi, South- Eastern Nigeria. Indian J Tuberculosis Vol 61(2):52-58
- Ukibe Solomon N, Ikeakor Lawrence C, Mbanugo James I, Obi-Okaro Alphonsus C, Ukibe Nkiruka R (2013). The rate of Malaria- Typhoid co-infection among Pregnant women attending antenatal clinics in Anambra State, South –East Nigeria. Int J Trop Med Pub Health (U.K) Vol 2 (1):1-11
- Ukibe Solomon N, Ikeakor Lawrence C, Mbanugo James I, Obi-Okaro Alphonsus C, and Ukibe Nkiruka R. (2013).Prevalence of Anaemia in Pregnant women attending antenatal clinics in Anambra State South Eastern Int J Adv Res 1 (9):65-69
- Ukibe Solomon N, Mbanugo James I, Ukibe Nkiru R, Ikeakor Lawrence C. (2013). Level of Awareness and Use of Insecticide Treated bed nets among pregnant women attending antenatal clinics in Anambra state, South –Eastern Nigeria. J Pub Health Epidemiol. Vol 5(9): 391-396
- Ukibe, S.N, Ezeji, CU, Ekezie, J, Okeke C, Ukibe, NR (2013). Epidemiology and Distribution of Polio Induced Deformities in Okigwe South Local Government Area, Imo State South- East Nigeria. Orient J Med Vol 25 (1-2): 45-49
- NR Ukibe, CC Onyenekwe, JE Ahaneku, SN Ukibe, SC Meludu, OF Emelumadu, CO Ifea\dike, AL Ilika, MO Ifeanyichukwu, AO Igwegbe (2013). Evaluation of nutritional status of HIV infected females during the menstrual cycle in Nnewi, Anambra state, Nigeria. Sci J Med Sci 2(9):168-181.
- Ukibe Nkiruka Rose, Onyenekwe CC, Ahaneku JE, Ukibe Solomon N, Meludu Samuel C (2013).Some Hormonal impacts on Menstrual cycle Pattern of HIV infected women in Nnewi, South- Eastern Nigeria. Asian J Pharm Bio Res 3(1):29-33
- NR Ukibe, CC Onyenekwe, JE Ahaneku, SC Meludu, SN Ukibe, A Ilika, M Ifeanyichukwu, AO Igwegbe (2012). Use of Absolute Lymphocyte count or Neutrophyte ingestion rate of Nitroblue tetrazolium (NBT) as an alternative index to CD4+ T cell count to initiate ART in the management of HIV disease. International J Biol Chem Sci Vol 6 (1): 99-107.
- Ukibe, S.N, Nnolum, P.O, Mbanugo, J.I, Ukibe N.R, Ekezie J and Okeke C. (2011) Epidemiology of Road Traffic Accidents in Owerri, Imo State, Southeast Tropical J Med Research Vol 15 (2):35-38.
- Ukibe, S.N, Mbanugo, J.I, and Ukibe N.R (2011). A Review of the Structural and Morphological Adaptations of Parasites for Parasitism. Nig J Parasitol Vol 32(2): 317-324
- Ukibe N.R, Onyenekwe C.C, Ahaneku J.E, Ukibe S.N, Ifeanyi M, Igwegbe A.O, Ezeani M, OfiaeliN (2011). Evaluation of Prognostic Value of albumin and iron in Symptomatic HIV/Malaria co-infected Subjects on ART in Nnewi, South Eastern Nigeria.Trop J Med Res vol 15(1):732-801.
- Ukibe S. N, Mbanugo J. I, and Ukibe N. R.(2010) A Review of Current Immunodiagnostic Techniques in Protozoology. Journal of Biomedical Investigation June 2010 Vol 8(1): 42-49.
- N.R Ukibe, C.C Onyenekwe, J.E Ahaneku, S.C Meludu, S.N Ukibe, A. Ilika, M. Ifeanyichukwu, A.O. Igwegbe, M. Ezeani, A. Onochie, N. Ofiaeli.(2010) Packed Cell Volume and serum iron in subjects with HIV-Malaria co- infection in Nnewi, South Eastern Nigeria. Int.J. Biol. Chem Sci. April 2010, Vol. 4 No.2 P471-478.
- N.R. Ukibe, C.C. Onyenekwe, J.E. Ahaneku, S.C. Meludu, S.N. Ukibe, A. Ilika, C.M. Ifeanyi, A.O. Igwegbe, N. Ofiaeli, A. Onochie, N. Abor.(2010) CD4+ T-cell Count in HIV- Malaria Co-infection in Adult population in Nnewi South Eastern Nigeria. International Journal of Biological and Chemical Sciences. October 2010, Vol 4 (5): 1593-1601.
- Ukibe S.N, Mbanugo J.I and Ukibe N.R.(2009) Prevalence of Malaria, Genotype and
Haemoglobin concentrations in Children aged 0-13 years in Awka South LGA Anambra
State Nigeria. Journal of Biomedical Investigations June 2009 7(2):23-27.
CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED/PAPERS PRESENTED
- 17th Scientific Conference/Annual General Meeting of the Society of Experimental and Clinical Anatomists of Nigeria. Theme: Surface Anatomy and Aesthetics. Sub-theme: Ageing and Cosmetology. Faculty of Basic Medical Science, Okofia Nnewi. 5th-10th March, 2018.
- Annual General Conference of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) Awka 2017. Theme: Strategic Leadership in the Health sector as a panacea for Achieving the Health related SDGS. Cihcotel Hotel Awka, 26-27th October 2017.
- 2ND International Congress on Health Sciences and Technology FUTO 9-12 August 2017. Appropriate Technologies for Health and Disease: An Innovative Approach to drive sustainable Health Care Delivery
- Workshop on ‘Examinations Management Systems’ Centre for Human Resource Development. Federal University of Technology, Owerri. 8th December, 2016
- 1ST International Congress on Health Sciences and Technology, FUTO, 2016. The Role of Technology in Health care Delivery. August 1-4, 2016. Presented a paper titled ‘A Study of Scoliosis among Female Patients treated at the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu, Enugu State, Southeast, Nigeria’
- Scientific Conference and Workshop, Bioscience Group. Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, 2016. Theme: Evolving Healthcare System inSub-Saharan Africa: Prospects and Challenges. 20th-23rd April,2016
- Annual Scientific Conference of the Nigerian Medical Association, Nnewi 2015. Presented a paper titled ‘ Heavy Metals contamination of Drinking water in Anambra state, Southeast Nigeria’19th-21st August, 2015.
- The 13th International Congress on Parasitology (ICOPA) Mexico, 10TH-15TH August 2014.Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes Associated with Malaria and Typhoid co-infectioninPregnant Women attending antenatal Clinics in Anambra State, South- EasterNigeria.. ICOPA 13TH Abstract No. 2083.
- Annual Scientific Conference of the Nigerian Medical Association, Awka, Anambra State. 1st-2nd August, 2014. King David Hotel. Environmental Management and Disease Control.
- Scientific Conference of the Nigerian Medical Association Anambra State, Nnewi 2013. Hospital Administration in Nigeria- Management Challenges. St Cletus auditorium Otolo Nnewi. 18th-20th September 2013.
- International Conference on Gender, Education and Globalization.Federal University of Technology (FUTO) 2012. Prof Onwuliri Conference centre, 21st-24th October, 2012.
- Scientific Conference, Nnewi 2011.Nigerian Medical Association. Achieving the Millenium Development Goals MDGs 4 and 5 in Nigeria. St Cletus Auditorium, Otolo Nnewi, 24-26th August 2011.
- 35th Annual Conference of the Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria (PPSN) Benin 2011.Theme: Globalization and Parasitic Diseases” Presented a paper titled “Epidemiology of Road Traffic Accidents in Owerri, South East Nigeria”. 21st-24th September 2011.
- Gordon Research Conferences on “Tropical Infectious Diseases” Galvez Hotel Galveston Texas 13th-18th March 2011. Made a poster presentation titled “Use of absolute Lymphocyte Count and Neutrophil ingestion rate of Nitro blue Tetrazolium (NBT) as alternative index to CD4+ cell count to initiate ART in the management of HIV disease”.
- 34th Annual Scientific Conference of the Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria at F.U.T.O 22-25th September 2010, Theme: “The Place 0f Parasitology and Public Health in the Achievement of the Millennium Development Goals”.
- The 12th International Congress of Parasitology Melbourne Australia 15th-20th August 2010. “ Prevalence of Malaria Genotype and Hemoglobin concentrations of children aged 0-13years in Awka South Local Government Area Anambra State South Eastern Nigeria”. ICOPAXII Congress Hand book Abstract No. 1906 page 13410.
- 5th Biennial Scientific conference of Association of Clinical Chemists of Nigeria and Inauguration of African Federation of Clinical Chemistry 25 – 28 October, 2009 at Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria. CD4+ T-cell Count in HIV-Malaria Co-infection in Adult population in Nnewi South Eastern Nigeria. By N.R. Ukibe, C.C. Onyenekwe,J.E. Ahaneku, S.C. Meludu, S.N. Ukibe, A. Ilika, C.M. Ifeanyi, A.O. Igwegbe, N. Ofiaeli, A. Onochie, N. Abor.
- Annual Scientific Conference of the Nigerian Medical Association Anambra State, Nnewi 2007 Millennium Development Goals (MDGs): Meeting the challenges, Healthcare Financing Alternatives in a Developing Economy. White Castles Hotels Neni, 23rd June 2007.
- Scientific Conference NMA Awka 2005 Current Issues in Malaria and its Treatment. NMA Secretariat Awka, Jan 28th 2005.
- Scientific Conference NMA Awka 2005 Current Issues in the Management of Stroke. NMA secretariat Awka, 1st April 2005.
- Annual.Scientific Conference NMA Awka 2004 HIV Pandemic: implications for the General Medical Practitioner and the Patient. NMA Secretariat 26th Nov 2004.