Mr Ekezie Jervas
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD (in view, Abia State University Uturu, Nigeria).
- M.Sc Human Anatomy (2006), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Nigeria.
- B.Sc Human Anatomy (2000), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Nigeria.
Membership of professional bodies
- Nigerian Institute for Biomedical Engineering, Professional Certificate (2008).
- Nigerian Institute for Biomedical Engineering, Professional Diploma (2008).
- Member, Neuroscience Society of Nigeria.
- Member, Society for Experimental and Clinical Anatomist of Nigeria.
- Member, Anatomical Society of Nigeria.
- Associate member Nigeria Institute for Biomedical engineering.
- Member, Health Promotion Research Association of Nigeria.
- Member, Nigerian Society for Quality Assurance.
- Emeka G Anyanwu, Ekezie J., Danborno B, Ugochukwu AI. (2011).Body size and adiposity indicators and their relationship with blood pressure levels in Ibos of Nigeria. Nig J Med 20: 44-51.
- Ekezie J. Onwukamuche C.K. Emeka G Anyanwu, Ugochukwu AI. (2011): Incidence of fall related hip fractures among elderly persons in Owerri, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. 3 (3): 110=114.
- Ekezie J., Emeka G Anyanwu, Danborno B, Ugochukwu AI. (2011). Impact of urbanization on obesity, anthropometric profile and blood pressure in the Igbos of Nigeria. North Am J Med Sci 3: 242-246.
- Chukwubike udoka Okeke, Slomon Braide, Jervas Ekezie, Bartholomen Ngozika Okwandu (2011).The influence of age on lipid profile among women taking hormonal contraceptive. Int J Biol Chem Sci 5: 840-844
- Ekezie J. Onwukamuche C.K. Nwanwume I.C. (2010) Hip fractures in Owerri, Nigeria: Comparison of incidence in Urban and Rural Areas. J Pub Hlth Sci Tech. 1: 63-67.
- Agbasi P.U. Abanobi, O.C., Nweke I.N., Unekwe P.C., Okechi O.O Abanbi O.C. Amazu L.U., Nseabasi P.L. Ekezie J. (2010) Effects of Selective Cytooxygenase – 2 Inhibitors on Blood Sugar Level and Haematological Indices of Albino Rats: Focus on Nimesulide. J Pub Hlth Sci Tech. 1: 31-40.
- Godson Emeka Anyanwu , Ekezie J., Danborno B, Ugochukwu AI. (2010). Impact of education on obesity and blood pressure in developing countries: A study on the Ibos of Nigeria. North Am J Med Sci 2: 320-324.
- Ekezie Jervas, Dandorno Barnabas, Anyanwu G Emeka, Nwankwo Osondu (2010). Sex Differences and Relationship between Blood Pressure and Age among the Ibos of Nigeria. Internet J of Bio Anthrop 3: 1-6.
- Ekezie J., Adebise SS., and Danborno B (2009). The Effect of Marital Status and Self-Reported Physical Exercise on the Adiposiy and Blood Pressure of the Ibos of Nigeria. Internet J. of Med. Update 4:7-14.
- Anyanwu GE., Ozoemena FN., Esom EA, Ekezie J., (2009). Unusual Formation of the Median Nerve at the Level of the distal half of the Arm. Journal of Experimental and Clinical Anatomy. Vol. 8:1. Page 40-42.
- Ekezie J., Adebise SS., and Danborno B (2009). Anthropometric study on the influence of sex and marital status on the adiposity and blood pressure of the Igbo.
- Ekezie J and Danborno B (2008). Spousal Similarities and Differences in Physical and Cultural Traits among the Igbo ethnic group in Nigeria. Internet J Bio Anthrop 1: 1-9.
- Systemic Anatomy: This is taught to students in all the departments in school of health technology in 200L. Development and structure of tissues, organs, and organ systems of human body are taught. Students from Optometry are also taught Histology.
- Definition, overview of skeletal system, classification and function of bones and nature of ling bone are taught to students. Students are also taught Biomechanics of bone; application of osteology in orthopaedic technology I – traction, pop, orthosis and application of osteology in orthopaedic tech. II – implants, endo prosthesis and external fixations.
- Properties of tissues; mechanical properties in relation to molecular structure; collagen family and their elastic properties, deformation of soft tissues; Bone: compact bone, organization of trabeculae, ligaments and tendons are taught.
- Students are taught anatomy region by region and its clinical consideration. Emphases are laid on the Anatomy of upper and lower limbs, for the design of upper and lower limb prosthesis/orthosis.