Dr. Stanley U. ONWUDIKE
- B.Agric-Tech. (Soil Science & Technology), FUTO – 1999
- M.Sc. (Soil Fertility & Fertilizer Technology), MOUAU, Abia State – 2006
- PhD. (Soil Fertility & Fertilizer Technology), MOUAU, Abia State – 2014
- FUTO Scholar Scheme Award as Best Student in the Department for 1995/1996, 1996/1997, 1997/1998 Academic Sessions
- Best Graduating Student, Dosnet Computer College Sokoto – 2002
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member Soil Science Society of Nigeria
- Member International Journal of Soil Science
- Member Agricultural Society of Nigeria
- Member Organic Agriculture Project in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria
- Associate Editor, FUTO Journal Series
- Managing Editor, FUTO Journal Series
COURSE CODE AND COURSES ASSIGNED TO TEACH:
- SST 202: Introduction to soil science
- AGR 205: Agricultural chemistry
- AGR 302: Farm practice
- SST 302: Soil and water conservation
- SSST 409: Plant nutrition management
- SST501: Soil microbiology
- SST815: Advances soil fertility
- SST 817: Tropical soils
- SST 701: Soil environment
- SST 843: Field experimentation and biometry
- Lecturer, Department of Soil Science and Technology, FUTO – 2009 – Date
- Associate Editor, FUTO Journal Online Serie – 2016 – 2020
- LOC member, Internal Conference on Gender and Millenium Development in Nigeria – 2013
- Reviewer, Net Journal of Agricultural Science – 2017
Soil infertility and land degradation have been a major constrain militating against food productivity in Southeastern Nigeria. Dr Onwudike Stanley (specialist in soil chemistry, fertility and fertilizer technology) has over the years been researching on ways of improving the fertility and productivity of a degraded ultisol. This he has done by evaluating the efficacy of different solid wastes of both plant and animal origin on soil physicochemical properties and growth performances of some tropical crops. He has also examined the impact of organic wastes on the mitigation of climate change through carbon sequestration. Dr Onwudike has done many works on the impact of agricultural wastes on the phytoremediation of crude oil polluted soils in Southeastern Nigeria. He is an active member of many professional organizations (National and International) as well as a member of a research team in the Department of Soil Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
nt and Entrepreneurship
- Onwudike S. U, Ugwuanyi A. K, Nkwopara U. N., Ahukaemere C. M. and Umeojiakor A. O, 2019. Properties and Aggregate Stability of Soils of Dissimilar Lithology under Land Use Systems in Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Sciences, 19: 459-465.
- Nkwopara U.N, Asiegbu S.N., Onweremadu E.U, Ihem E.E, Okoli N.H, Onwudike S.U (2018). Batch studies for the investigation of the adsorption of lead onto bentonite and soil of Owerri, Nigeria. 6(2): 28- 37.
- Onwudike, Stanley Uchenna and Mbonu, Vincent. Contribution of agricultural wastes on soil aggregation, soil properties and yield of maize on acidic soil. Bulgarian Journal of Soil Science. 3(1): 13 – 26.
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Aririguzo, B.N and Onwudike, S.U. (2918). Elemental ratios and their implications in fertility status of soils of Owerri agricultural zone. International Journal of Agriculture, Management and Technology, 2(1): 45 – 55.
- Umeojiakor, A. O, Egbuche, C. T., Uluocha, O. B and Onwudike, S. U. (2018). Variation in Soil Organic Carbon Sequestration on Selected Forest plantation in Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Forest, Environment and Sustainable Development. Vol. 4(1): 106 – 115.
- Osisi, A.F, Onwudike, S.U, Onweremadu, E.U, Okoli, N.H, Ajewole, O. E and Chris-Emenyeonu, C.M.(2017). Influence of organic wastes and urea on soil properties, nodulation, growth and yield of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) in Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development. 20(2): 3181 – 3188.
- Njoku, F.N., Onwudike, S. U. and Nsoanya, L.N. 2017. Differences in Selected Soil Physical Properties along Three Toposequences in Ohafia, Abia State, Nigeria. FUTO Journal Series (FUTOJNLS),3(2): 2467 – 8325.
- Njoku, F.N., Onwudike, S.U. and Nsoanya, L.N. 2017. Changes in soil physical properties of summits of three top sequences in Ohafia area of Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development, 20(1): 2933 – 2335.
- Nkwopara, U.N., Iwuchukwu, E.E, Okoli, N.H., Osisi, A., Ihem, E.E., Onwudike, S.U. 2017. Vertical distribution of cadmium in selected soils of varying litho sequences in a humid tropical environment. International Journal of Agric. and Rural Development, 20(2): 3169 – 3174.
- Ihem, E.E., Nkwopara, U.N., Ndukwu, B.N., Onwudike, S.U. 2017. Macro-Aggregate Stability of Soils under Selected Parent Materials in Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Research in Agriculture and Forestry. 4(12): 24-32.
- Onwudike, S. U., Agbani, L., Ihem, E. E., and Onyegbule U. Influence of Land Use Types on Soil Properties and Micronutrient Concentrations on Soils of Similar Lithology in Owerri, Southeastern Nigeria. MAYFEB Journal of Agricultural Science, Vol 4 Pages 1-9.
- Onwudike, S. U, Igbozurike, C. I., Ihem, E. E ., Osisi F. A., Ukah, C. Quantification of Heavy Metals using Contamination and Pollution Index in Selected Refuse Dumpsites in Owerri, Imo State Southeast Nigeria. International Journal of Environment, Agriculture and Biotechnology (IJEAB); 2(3):1202 – 1208.
- Onwudike, S. U, Onweremadu, E. U, Ihem, E. E, Agim, L.C, Osisi, A. F, Osuaku, S. K and Azuh, P. O. 2016. Evaluation of micronutrient status of soils under three land-use types in Oyigbo, River State Nigeria FUTO Journal Series. 2(1): 32 – 40.
- Ahukaemere, C.M., Ndukwe, B.N., Onwudike, S.U., Okoli N.H., and Irokwe, I.F. Forms of primary nutrient elements in soils overlying contrasting parent materials in South-Eastern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science, 27:316-324.
- Onwudike, S.U, Uzoho, B.U., Ihem, E.E, Ahukaemere, C.M., Nkwopara, U., Irokwe, I. F., and Echeanyanwu, G.I.2016. Evaluation of the fertility status of selected soils in Mbaise, Imo State Southeastern Nigeria using nutrient index method Agrosearch Journal, a university-based Journal of the University of Ilorin Nigeria. 16(1): 75 – 86.
- U. Onwudike, B. U. Uzoho, B. N. Ndukwu, I. U. Opara, O. C. Anyamele. 2016. Soil Carbon and Nitrogen stock as affecting by agricultural wastes in a typichaplusult of Owerri, Southeastern Nigeria, Turkish Journal of Agriculture – Food Science and Technology, 4(7): 592-599.
- Onwudike, U., Asawalam, D. O and. Ano, A. O. 2015. Effect of Selected agro-wastes on soil carbon stock and yield of cocoyam in acidic soil of Owerri, Southeastern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil and Environmental Research, 13: 124 – 134.
- Onwudike, U., Asawalam, D. O., Ano, A. O and Anikwe, M. A. N. 2015. Comparative Evaluation of Burnt and Unburnt agro-Wastes on Soil Properties Growth and yield of Cocoyam (Colocasiaesculenta) in a Humid Environment. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science, pp 1 – 17.
- Onwudike, S.U, Ihem, E. E., Irokwe, I. F. and Onwuso, G.2015. Variability in the Physico-chemical Properties of Soils of Similar Lithology in Three Land Use Types in Ahiazu Mbaise, Imo State Nigeria, Journal of Agriculture and Crop, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp: 38-43.
- Onwudike, S. U, 2015. Effect of land-use types on Vulnerability potential and degradation rate of soils of similar lithology in a tropical soil of Owerri, Southeastern Nigeria International Journal of Soil Science. 10 (4): 177-185.
- Ahukaemere, C.M, Ndukwu, B.N, Chris-Emenyonu, C. M and Onwudike, S. U. 2015. Suitability evaluation of alluvial soils of Egbema for cassava (Manihot esculenta) production in Owerri, South-east Nigeria. Nigeria Journal of Soil Science, 14:150 – 154.
- C. Agim, G. U. Njoku, C. M. Ahukaemere, L.C. Okoro, S. U. Onwudike and A. F. Osisi. 2015. Hydraulic Properties of Soil Under Different Management Practices in Owerri Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research.3(4): 1245 – 1250.
- E, E, Ihem, G. E. Osuji, E. U. Onweremadu, U. Onwudike, U. N. Nkwopara, B. N. Ndukwu and B. U. Uzoho. 2014. Variability in Properties of Soils under three land-use types in a humid tropical environment. Journal of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries 4(2014): 923-930.
- O. Omeke, U.N. Nkwopara, E.T. Eshett, S.U. Onwudike, B.U. Uzoho1, E.E. Ihem, Opara, I.U and B.N. Ndukwu. 2014. Properties of soils of dissimilar lithology supporting yam-based cropping system in Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Agric. and Rural Development. 17 (3): 1914-1925.
- U. Uzoho, U. N. Nkwopara, E. Hem, C. Eke, J.C. Odum and S. U. Onwudike. 2014. Chemical Speciation and Mobility of Cadmium and Lead in a waste dumpsite in Owerri, Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Chemical, Biological and Physical Sciences. An International Peer Reviewed E – 3 Journal of Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 2; 1721-1734.
- U.Ozoho, Ihem, E. E. Onwudike. S.U.Agim, L. Nkwopara, U., Opara, I.U. Okon, M, Nti, S.I and Orji, J.C. 2014. Phosphorus Sorption capacity of soils in relation to land use types in Mbaise, Southeastern Nigeria. Journal of Chemical, Biological and Physical Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 2; 1710-1720.
- Nwonuala, A. I. U. Onwudike, and E. U Onweremadu 2013. Agronomic performance of okra (Abelmuschusesculentus L) as influenced by cattle manure and tillage practices in Southeastern Nigeria. ACTA AgronomicaNigeriana. Vol.13 No.1/2 pp.64-70.
- Ndukwu, S.U. Onwudike, M. C. Idigbor, C. E. Ihejirika and K. S. Ewe. 2013. Spatial variability in the Physico-chemical properties of soils affected by animal wastes in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State of Nigeria. African Journal of Agricultural Research. Vol. 8(4), pp. 373-379,
- Stanley Uchenna Onwudike. 2010. Effectiveness of Cow Dung and Mineral Fertilizer on Soil Properties, Nutrient Uptake and Yield of Sweet Potato (Ipomoea batatas) in Southeastern Nigeria. Asian Journal of Agric. Research, 4 (3): 148 – 154.
- Onwudike, S. U. Idigbo, C.M. Ndukwu, B. N. Ihem E.E. 2009. Effects of Organic Fertilizer Forms and Rates on Aggregate Stability of a Ultisol and Maize Growth in Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development. Vol. 12: 1 – 9.
- Ihejirika, C. E, Onwudike, S.U, Nwaogu, L.A, Emereibole, E. I, Ebe T.E and Ejiogu, E. 2011.Assessment of aquaculture sediment for agricultural fertilizer supplement and soil conditioner in Owerri Urban, Nigeria. Journal of Research in Agriculture. | Vol 1 | No 1, 034 – 038. http://ficuspublishers.com/
- Onweredu, E. U, Ofurie, O. E and Onwudike, S. U. Soil Properties and Lead Concentration in some Livestock Based Land Use Types. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science. 20 (2): 63 – 69.
- Onweremadu, E. U, Asiabaka, C.C, Onwudike, S.U, Iheme, E.E, Ndukwu, B.N and Idigbo, C.M. 2010. Evaluation of Selected Physical Properties of Soils As Influenced by Legumes and ProminoI®-P Fertilization. Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences (JETEAS). 2 (2) : 198 – 202.
- Onweremadu, E. U, Ehumadu, C. S, Elemike, B. U. U. Onwudike, C. M. Idigbor and Dike, B.U. 2011. Geotechnical properties of soils as influenced by land use in a humid environment. Iranica Journal of Energy and Environment. 2(2): 122 – 127.
- Asawalam, D.O and Onwudike, S. U. Complementary use of cow dung and mineral fertilizers: Effects on soil properties, growth, nutrient uptake and yield of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas). International Journal of Agricultural Research. 7(1): 36 – 48; 2013.
- N. Ndukwu, C. M. Idigbor, S. U. Onwudike and M.C. Chukwuma. 2010. Evaluation of the Effects of Selected Agricultural Land Utilization Types on Soil Properties in Nando Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Sustainable Agriculture 2 (2): 34-38.
- Ihejirika, C. E, Njoku, J.D, Ujowundu, C. O, Onwudike, S. U.Uzoka, C. N. 2011. Synergism between Season, pH, conductivity and total dissolved solids (TDS) of Imo River quality for agricultural irrigation. Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences (JBES). Vol. 1, No. 5, p. 26-31.
- Idigbor, C.M, Onwudike, S. U, Ndukwu, B. N and Chukwuma, M. C 2010. Variations in Organic and Inorganic phosphorus distribution in selected termite mounds of Imo State. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development. Vol. 13(1): 143 – 148.