Mr Michael A. OKON
- Agric.Tech (Soil Science and Technology), Department of Soil Science and Technology, FUTO – 2006
- Sc. (Soil Physics and water relations), Department of Soil Science and Technology, FUTO – 2013
- PhD In-view (Soil Physics and Conservation), Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State – In-View.
Honours / Awards
- BEST GRADUATING STUDENT, Department of Soil Science and Technology, FUTO – 2006
- DEAN’S AWARD as the Best Graduating Student, School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT), FUTO – 2006.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, Soil Science Society of Nigeria (SSSN)
- Member International Union of Soil Science (IUSS)
COURSE CODE AND COURSES ASSIGNED TO TEACH:
- SST 302 – Soil and Water Conservation Management
- SST 405 – Soil Water Pollution and Management
- SST 502 – Soil Plant Water Relationships
Mr Okon has experienced up to 10 years of lecturing. He serves as one of the internal examiners in the Department and has supervised and graduated many undergraduate students.
Soil physics and conservation, Soil water relations, modelling and simulation, climate change, greenhouse gas monitoring and modelling from soils and investigation of agronomic practices leading to reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and carbon sequestration.