The objectives of the Bachelor of technology honours degree programmers in chemistry are as follows:
1. To instil in students a sense of enthusiasm for chemistry and to involve them in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and teaching.
2. To provide students with a broad and balanced foundation in chemistry knowledge.
3. To inculcate in our graduates the ability to apply their knowledge of chemistry and skills to the solution of theoretical and practical problems in chemistry and related courses.
4. To develop the students, through an education in chemistry, a range of transferable skills of value in chemistry and related disciplines.
5. To provide students with knowledge and skills from which they can proceed to further studies in specialized areas of chemistry or multi-disciplinary areas involving chemistry.
6. To instil in our graduates an appreciation of the importance of chemistry in the industrial research, in the environment, quality control, industrial safety, pharmaceuticals, and forensic chemistry, through the application of safe and sustainable chemical principles and technologies.
7. To provide consultancy services to local industries and other organizations.
chemistry encompasses a wide spectrum of Scientific phenomena ranging from the physical, mathematical and even social dimensions. it is an intense knowledge-driven enterprise which demands the very best from the practitioner. the department of chemistry has responded by defining two options in order to forge the skill of continuous enquiry, testing and practice on its school and students. the options are purely empirical and contain a fundamental dichotomy. The first option Pure Chemistry involves the interaction between matter and energy, the application of computers in prototype development and testing, the beauty and power of symmetry in orbitals dynamics. on the other hand, the transformation to valuable products in process industries is encapsulated as Industrial Chemistry. The area comprises process economic, unit processes, reactor control and instrumentation, product development, and specification. in this mixture of curriculum, we produce the best for national development.
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY OFFERS TWO OPTIONS
- ♦ PURE & APPLIED CHEMISTRY
- ♦ INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY