POSITION/RANK: SENIOR LECTURER
PROFILE: ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
Started a successful academic career in 2005 as a Graduate Assistant and now holds a Masters and Doctors degree in Organic Chemistry with substantial publications in both local and International Journals. The extensive experience and research-oriented exposure to training, workshops and conferences alongside with the professional qualifications have contributed to my being a highly motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated and goal driven educator with a solid commitment to academic growth and development of students with proven abilities in research problem solving to deliver expected results
Ijeoma Akunna Duru has been actively engaged in organic chemistry synthesis and modelling of bioactive compounds. She has collaborated with several researchers from other universities to isolate and characterize organic compounds. She drives a culture of excellence and detailed in research. Her publications are in peer-reviewed international journals and received several citations. She has worked with some companies on natural product simulation and development and trained on specialized analytical instruments.
Modelling, Simulation and Conformational Studies of Organic Molecules.
Design, Synthesis and Characterization of New Organic Materials of Industrial and Biological Potentials.
Design, Synthesis and Modification of Novel Heterocyclic-Based Molecules for Drug Development.
Treatment /Remediation of Metal Polluted Water using Organic Molecules.
Extraction, Isolation and Modification of Bioactive Compounds from Natural Products
Lecturer and Researcher undergraduate courses
Lecturer and Researcher Postgraduate courses
Lecturer and Researcher Masters students
Lecturer and researcher PhD students
PROFESSIONAL BODY MEMBERSHIP
Member, Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria (ICCON)
Member, Chemical Society of Nigeria
Member, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSDW formerly TWOWS)
PUBLICATIONS (2015 TO 2018)
- Duru Ijeoma Akunna and Duru Chidi Edbert (2017), Infrared Studies and Mineral element Analysis of the Leaf of Vernonia amygdalina; World News of Natural Sciences (WNOFNS) Vol. 13, pp1-9 (Poland)
- Duru Chidi Edbert and Duru Ijeoma Akunna (2017), Adsorption Capacity of Maize Biomass Parts in the remediation of Cu2+ Ion Polluted Water; World News of Natural Sciences (WNOFNS) Vol. 12, pp 51-62 (Poland)
- Chidi Edbert Duru, Ijeoma Akunna Duru, Frances Chizoruo Ibe and Margaret Chinyelu Enedoh (2017), Profiling of Zn2+ Ion Sorption in Modeled aqueous Solutions by Different Parts of Maize Biomass; International Organization of Scientific Research, Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR JAC) Vol. 10, Issue 3 ver. 1, pp 70-75. (India)
- Chidi Edbert Duru and Ijeoma Akunna Duru (2017), Studies of Sorbent Efficiencies of Maize Parts in Fe(II) Removal from Aqueous Solutions; International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy Vol 72, pp 1-8 (Switzerland)
- Duru, C. E. and Duru I. A. (2016), Comparative Study of the Efficiency of Mineral Acid Catalysts in the Conversion of Starch to Glucose; FUTO Journal Series (FUTOJNLS)Vol 2, Isuue 2, pp 136-143. (Nigeria)
- I. A. Duru, C. E. Duru, R. Ngochindo and L. Ukiwe (2016), Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity Studies of Triiodoimidazole and its Transition Metal Complexes; JCSN Vol 41 No 1, pp 1-5. (Nigeria)
- C. E Duru, I. A. Duru, Nweze C. A and Ukiwe L. (2016), Dependence of Storage Material Surfaces on the Oxidative Rancidity Kinetics of Peanut Oil; International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy Vol 65, pp 22-31. (Switzerland)
- Nkwoada A., Alisa C and Duru I. (2016), Public Participation in Solid Waste Management Practices within Owerri Urban of Imo State, Nigeria; International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Vol. 5, Issue 3, pp 1749-1754. (India)
- C. E Duru, I.A. Duru, F. C. Ibe, I.O. Achinihu and L. Ukiwe (2015), Functional Group Analysis and Antibacterial Studies of Column Chromatography Eluates from the Seed of Garcinia Kola; International Organization of Scientific Research, Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR JAC) Vol. 8, Issue 9 Ver. I, pp 35-38. (India)
- Duru I. A., Ngochindo R. I., Duru C. E. Ogukwe C. E. and Orji I. (2014), Chlorinated Imidazole Complexs as Potent Antifugal Agents; International Organization of Scientific Research, Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR JAC) Vol. 7, Issue 9 ver. II, pp 20-23. (India)
- Duru I. A., Ngochindo R. I. and Duru C. E. (2014), Enhancement of the Bioactivity of 4,5-dibromoimidazole by its Cobalt(II) Complex; International Organization of Scientific Research, Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR JAC) Vol. 7, Issue 9 ver. 1, pp 28-32. (India)
- Duru C. E., Duru I. A., Ikpa C. B. C. and Ibe F. C. (2014), Chemical and Spectra Studies of tne Alleged killer Seed of Berlinia grandiflora; International Organization of Scientific Research, Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR JAC) Vol. 7, Issue 1 ver II, pp 14-18. (India)
- I. A. Duru, C. E. Duru, F. C. Ibe and C. A. Nweze (2013), Comparison of Antimicrobial Properties of Chemically Modified and Unmodified Flower oil of Ageratum conyzoides. J. Chem. Soc. Nigeria, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp 88-90. (Nigeria)
- I. A. Duru, C. E. Duru and R. I. Ngochindo (2013), Molecular Mechanical Simulation Studies of Carbonyl Band Multiplicity in Decalin Esters. J. Chem. Soc. Nigeria, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp 1-5. (Nigeria)
- C. E .Duru and I. A. Duru (2013), Dual Catalytic Function of CrCl2 in D-glucose Conversion to 5-Hydroxymethylfufural in Water. J. Chem. Soc. Nigeria, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp 34-37. (Nigeria)