PROFESSOR, EMMANUEL NNAMDI OZIRI EJIKE
(FCSN FICCON, Cchem, MIPAN)
POSITION/RANK: PROFESSOR OF ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
PROFILE: He has successfully supervised more than 20 M.Sc students and 17 PhD candidates. He is widely published in referred local and international journals. He holds a patent on Test Rig of Integrated Bioreactors for anaerobic digestion of organic waste.
Prof Ejike has travelled extensively locally and internationally as a resource person for various capacity building workshops. He is currently the Director of Intellectual Property, Federal University of Technology Owerri. He has attracted various TETFUND to both the Department and University at large.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Prof E.N Ejike has been prolific in his contributions to environmental and analytical chemistry over the course of his career. However, his research contributions to the chemistry landscape have been outstanding. He’s able to teach across major scopes and areas of chemistry.
Prof. Emmanuel O. Ejike was educated at the University of Ibadan and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology. Prof Ejike’s Research focus is in Analytical Chemistry and Environmental Technology, His research interest spans across Modeling and Simulation of Municipal Organic Wastes Conversion processes in the production of Renewable Energy and Assessment, Prediction and Control of Environmental Pollution by the Application GIS, GPS, RS in Integrated Model Environments.
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Bio and Fuel cells
- Advanced Materials
- Atmospheric aerosol
- Corrosion Chemistry
- Sorption Kinetics
- Lecturer and Researcher undergraduate courses
- Lecturer and Research Postgraduate courses
- Lecturer and Researcher Masters students
- Lecturer and researcher PhD students
- Nigerian Breweries PLC 1965 – 1971
- University of Benin, Benin City, 1981 – 1984
- Dow Corning Sponsorship. Barry Is, Wales UK. 1983 – 1984
- 1997 – 2000 Deputy Director, Centre Industrial Studies
- 2000 – 2004 University SIWES Coordinator
- 2004 – 2009 Head, Department of Chemistry
- 2010 – Date: Director, Central Instruments and Equipment Unit.
- ASUU Chairman 1998 – 2002
- Member: University Research team committee for attracting External research funding.
- Post Graduate Curriculum Review Committee, Department of Chemistry 2004 – 2006.
MAJOR PRODUCTIVE WORK
- PATENT No. RP NG/P/2013/750., Agulanna C. N., Ejike E. N. Anyanwu E. E., TEST RIG OF INTEGRATED BIOREACTORS FOR ANAEROBIC DIGESTION OF ORGANIC WASTE.
- Ejike, E. N. (1992)., STATISTICAL METHODS FOR PRODUCTION, RESEARCH AND QUALITY CONTROL. Publisher – PRODEC Ltd. Port Harcourt (1992). A guide to programmed instructional procedure for the design of experiments and interpretation of laboratory data. Commissioned by PRODEC Ltd. for in-house training in the downstream testing of petroleum products.
- FUTO Academic Excellence Award 2015.
- An attraction of N250,000,000 TetFund supported Industry-Driven Research Centre to FUTO Technology Park Complex (TetFund 2014 Special Intervention for Industry-Based Research.
- Ejike, E.N., Ajaero, C. and Onyedika, G.O. (2007) Thermodynamic analysis of pH controlled embrittlement of mild and galvanized steels. Int. J. of Natural and Applied Science 3, (2): 204 – 210. (Nigeria).
- Ejike, E.N., Okoro, I.A. and Ekere, R.N. (2007) Self – Remediation characteristics of EkuluRiver, Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria as an effluent sink. J. of Biotechnology 2, 82 -85. (Gujarat; India)
- Ejike, E.N., Okoro, I.A. and Nwanakwere C. (2007) Comparative studies of diffusion and permeability of synthetic membranes for buffer solutions. European J. of Scientific Research.17, 232-235 (United Kingdom).
- Okoro, I.A. and Ejike, E.N. (2007)The effect of different aqueous environments on the modified cellulose pulps used as crude oil sorbent. J.Chem. Tech. vol.2 issue 2. (Gujarat, India).
- Okoro, I.A. and Ejike, E.N. (2007) Sorption models of Pb (II): Removal from solution using common edible fruit wastes. European Journal of Scientific Research 17, 270 – 276
- Ejike, E.N. and Alinnor, J.I. (2007)Effects of alcohols and synergy of C18 unsaturated carboxylic acids onto Nigerian barite.Association for the Advancement of Modelling and Simulation Techniques in Enterprises. (AMSE) (In Press) Lyon
- Ejike, E.N., Okoro, I.A. and Ocho, N.N. (2007) Comparative studies of diffusion and permeability of synthetic membranes for electrolyte ions in solution.J. Phy. Chem. (In press) (Gujarat, India).
- Alinnor I.J. and Ejike, E.N. (2007) Biosorption of heavy metal ions from aqueous solutions with cassava peel.Int. J. Chem. 17, (4) 315-321 (India)
- E. N. Ejike (Editor), Renewable Energy for Sustainable Development, Advances in Science and Technology (An African Journal for Research, Innovation and Discovery) Special Edition August 2011. (Nigeria)
- L.C. Ngozi- Olehi, A.A. Ayuk, E.E. Oguzie and E.N. Ejike, Empirical Study On Optimizing Energy Recovery From Oil Palm Waste In Nigeria, Advances in Science and Technology (An African Journal for Research, Innovation and Discovery) Special Edition August 2011.
- Anyika L. C., Okonkwo S. I., Ejike E. N., Comparative Analysis of Monosaccharide and Disaccharide Using Different Instrument Refractometer and Polarimeter, International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment October 2012. (India)
- Charles N. Agulanna, Goddy N. Onuoha, Emmanuel E. Anyanwu, Emmanuel N. O. Ejike and Nnamdi V. Ogueke, Experimental Studies of Anaerobic Digestion of Municipal Solid Waste Using a Bioreactor with Integral Flow Features, Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences 2012. (Belgium)
- C. A. Ahiarakwem, G. I. Nwankwor, C. J. Iwuagwu, E. N. Ejike and S. O. Onyekuru, Water Quality Monitoring of a Tropical Lake and Associated Rivers: A Case Study of Oguta Lake and Its Tributaries, Niger Delta Basin, Southeastern Nigeria, Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering June 2012. (South Africa)
- 1Onyedika Gerald, 1Ogwuegbu Martin, 1Ejike Emmanuel, 1Asuwaji, Ayuk and 2Nwoye ChukwukaRecovery Of High-Grade SnO2 From Cassiterite Ore by Microwave Pretreatment, Leaching And Precipitation, Characterization of minerals, metals and materials 2013. Edited by: Jiann-Yang Hwang, ChengguangBai, John Carpenter, Shadia J Ikhmayies, Bowen Li, Sergio Neves, ZhiweiPeng, and Mingming Zhang.TMS (The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society), 2013(China)
- I.J. Alinnor and E.N. Ejike, Biosorption Of Heavy Metal Ions From Aqueous Solutions With Cassava Peel, International Jour. Chem. Vol. 17, (2007) 315-321 (India)
- P.C. Njoku, E.N. Ejike, Estimated Of The Biodegradative Capacity Of A Niger Delta Soil Polluted With Petroleum, International Jour. Chem. Vol. 19 No. 2. (2009) 35-41 (India)
- V. O. Njoku, A. A. Ayuk,3 E.E. Oguzie,3 and E.N. Ejike3Biosorption of Cd(II) from Aqueous Solution By Cocoa Pod Husk Biomass: Equilibrium, Kinetic, And Thermodynamic Studies. Separation Science and Technology, 47: 753-761, 2012 Copyright © Taylor & Francis Group, LLC
- Martin Ogwuegbu, Gerald Onyedika, Jiann-Yang Hwang, 1Asuwaji Ayuk, 2Zhiwei Peng, 2Bowen Li, Ejike E.N.O. and Matt Andriese. Mineralogical Characterization of KuruCassiterite ORE by SEM-EDS, XRD and ICP Techniques.Journal of Mineral and Materials Characterization and Engineering.Vol. 10. No 9. Pp. 855-863. 2011
- Onyedika Gerald, Ugwu Priscilla, Ogwuegbu Martin, Ejike Emmanuel, Nwoye Chukwuka, Jiann-Yang Hwang, Model for Prediction of the Concentration of Extracted Tin During Leaching of Cassiterite in Potassium Hydroxide Solution. Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering, 2012, 11, 730-734
- Charles N. Agulanna, Goddy N. Onuoha, Emmanuel E. Anyanwu, Emmanuel N. O. Ejike, and Nnamdi V. Ogueke. Experimental Studies of Anaerobic digestion of Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Waste using a Bioreactor with Integral Flow features. Journals of emerging trends in Engineering and Applied Science (JETEAS) 3 (3): 461-469. (2012).
- Charles Agulanna, Goddy N. Onuoha, Emmanuel E. Anyanwu, Emmanuel N. O. Ejike, Nnamdi V. Ogueke, Data Evaluation of Bioreactor Performance from Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Municipal Waste in a test Rig of coupled Bioreactors with Differing flow features. Research Journal in Engineering and Applied Sciences 2(4) 236-245 (2013).
- G. O. Onyedika*, G.S Nwankwo1, C. Ajaero, E.N. Ejike and I.C Iwu. Lead Concentrations in the Blood of Residents of the Mineralized and Mining Environs. Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 103-106 (2009).