PROF UBAEZUE UGOCHUKWU EGEREONU
POSITION/RANK: PROF OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Prof Egereonu has over 25 years’ experience in chemistry and has published in several peer-reviewed journals. He is also a reviewer to Journal of Chemical Society of Nigeria and Journal of Applied Chemistry India and AMSE International Journal India. He has over 3000 citations and external examiner to the Department of Pure and Industrial chemistry undergraduate and post-graduate students at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He has been a member of several university committees
Prof U.U Egereonu Inaugural Lecture was titled Analytical Assessment of atmospheric residual aerosol in the environment. He is an accomplished environmentalist and a professor of environmental/analytical chemistry. He is a member of Public Analyst of Nigeria (MIPAN), a Chartered Chemist (C.Chem.), a fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (FCSN) and a fellow of health and natural resources of Nigeria (FHNRN). He had been the Head of Chemistry department in the school of Physical Sciences of FUTO from 2011-2013.
Prof U.U Egereonu is well-researched and has graduated several PhD students, MSc Students and Undergraduates. His intensive work in the areas of Environment and Analytical chemistry earned him the position of a Professor of Environmental /Analytical chemistry. He was a senior environmental adviser to Shell petroleum development company Port-Harcourt for a period of 2006 to 2007. and also a pioneer of the Governing Council of Crawford University, Igbesa, Ogun state from 2005-2007 during his sabbatical leave. Prof Ubareze Ugochukwu Egereonu is a sportsman and has won, then Nigerian Tennis Championship. together with his wife they also won the mixed doubles table tennis championship.
Soil and Vegetation
Prof U.U Egereonu has garnered over 26 years of experience in chemistry.
Lecturer and Researcher undergraduate courses
Lecturer and Research Postgraduate courses
Lecturer and Researcher Masters students
Lecturer and researcher PhD students
Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (FSCN)
Fellow of the Institute of Health and Natural Resources (FIHNR)
PROFESSIONAL BODY MEMBERSHIP
Member of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (MCSN)
Member of the Institute of Chartered Chemist of Nigeria (MICCN)
Member of the Institute of Public analyst of Nigeria (MIPAN)
PUBLICATIONS (SOME CURRENT PUBLICATIONS)
- U. Egereonu, A. U. Anuo and J. C. Egereonu (2012). Comparative Analysis of the Degree of pollution of Okitankwo River Along Border Communities: Mbaitoli, Ikeduru, Emekuku and Uratta of Imo State, Nigeria, Analytical Science journal, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 7 – 16.
- U. Egereonu, L.N. Ukiwe, G. C. Opara and C. K. Ogukwe (2012). Corrosion Inhibition of Aluminum Using extracts of Bryophyllum pinatum in Acidic and Alkaline media. J. Chem.Soc. Nigeria, Vol.37 No.1, pp. 7-9.
- U. Egereonu L.N. Ukiwe, J. A. Edet and C.E. Ogukwe (2012). Investigation of Pollution Index of Oramiriukwa, Nworie and Otamiri River, State Imo Nigeria, J. Chem.Soc. Nigeria. Vol 37, No.1, pp. 25 – 29.
- U. Egereonu L.N. Ukiwe and J. C. Egereonu (2012). Determination of Lead and Zinc Levels in Petrol Attendants in Some Major Filling Stations in Owerri Metropolis Using Fingernail as Indicator, J. Chem.Soc. Nigeria, Vol.37, No.1, pp. 45 – 47.
- U. Egereonu, L.N. Ukiwe, C. O. Okoroego, C. K. Ogukwe and J. C. (2012). Some Heavy Metals in Enugu Metropolis Street Dust. J. Chem. Soc. Nigeria. Vol.37 No.1, pp. 57 – 59.
- U. Egereonu, L.N. Ukiwe, V. Onyeabor and J. C. Egereonu (2012). Comparative Analysis of Biomass Pollution Along Major Highways in Owerri Metropolis, Analytical Science Journal, Vol.2, No.2, pp. 1-8.
- C. Egereonu, U.U. Egereonu, L. N. Ukiwe and E. Chinemerem. (2012). Early Rains in a Rainforest Region, Owerri, Nigeria, J.Chem. Soc. Nigeria, J. Chem. Soc. Nigeria, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 1 – 4.
- U.Egereonu and S.Nti. (2009). Investigation of The Pollution Indexes of Surface and Groundwater Resources of Ndibe River Catchment, Afikpo, Nigeria, J.Chem.Soc. Nigeria, In Press.
- U. Egereonu and I.O. Achinihu. (2009). Trace Element Contaminants in Brass Crude Oil of Nigeria, J. Chem.Soc. Nigeria, In Press.
- U. Egereonu and H.G. Omondia. (2009). Physico-chemical Analysis of Soil Pollution Along Major Highways in Owerri Metropolis, J. Chem.Soc. Nigeria, In Press.
- U. Egereonu and S.O. Irono. (2009). Comparative Analysis of Soil Pollution Along Major Highways in Some Selected Areas of the South Eastern Nigeria, J.Chem.Soc. Nigeria, J. Chem. Soc. Nigeria, In Press.
- U. Egereonu, S.C. Nduchekwe and A.E. Ejele. (2009). NMR Studies of Alkaloids from Crassula argentea and Bryophyllum pinnatum, J.Chem. Soc. Nigeria, In Press.
- U. Egereonu and D. Ndukwu (2017). Assessment of Atmospheric Particulate in Port-Harcourt and Omoku Towns in Rivers State, Nigeria. J. of Chem. Soc. Nigeria, In Press.
- U. Egereonu and R.C. Maduike (2017). Seasonal Variations of Air Quality Measures in Owerri Metropolis and Isiala Mbano, Imo State, Nigeria. J. of Advances in Chemistry, In Press.
- U. Egereonu and G.O. Nnawuchi (2017). Physicochemical Analysis of Groundwater Quality in Owerri Municipal, Imo State, Nigeria. J. AMSE, In Press.